CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-21, 03:04 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Not overnight shipping. Eric is good about getting these things shipped out, but very bad at communication. I asked him not to ship
DHL as we've had problems here with things going to a really crappy hub and disappearing or staying there for long periods.
I think it's $300 to install, but it could be less. Can't recall exactly. I'll let you know when the deed is done. I had an appointment on April 22 that I had to cancel. They do really good work, so I'm
confident it will be done right. I'm not the person to install something like this. I don't know what type of FedEx shipping was used, so
don't know when it will arrive. Plenty of time before my appointment, in any case.
Another install tip for the shop. Probably best to leave battery negative terminal unplugged just in case the unit draining battery. My battery died because I was setting up the unit and playing around, it took hours with screen running inside the car. I didn't know it used so much power from battery. At least on my system once I plugged it in even without car accessory power Android screen came on, it does automatically shut off after awhile.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
Jazzrock (04-28-21), raerae1616 (05-27-21)
Old 04-28-21, 08:43 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Another install tip for the shop. Probably best to leave battery negative terminal unplugged just in case the unit draining battery. My battery died because I was setting up the unit and playing around, it took hours with screen running inside the car. I didn't know it used so much power from battery. At least on my system once I plugged it in even without car accessory power Android screen came on, it does automatically shut off after awhile.
I'll keep it in mind and pass it along. Luckily, I haven't had the battery issues you have. I hope you've figured it out. I had my battery replaced last year when it tested
weak when I brought in my car to have a tire repaired. It's a 2016, so it was time.
Old 05-03-21, 12:38 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

My Lexion unit and screen arrived today. No instructions. I messaged Eric on Whatsapp. Appointment is May 19.
Two weeks and the deed will be done!
Old 05-04-21, 04:59 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

My Lexion unit and screen arrived today. No instructions. I messaged Eric on Whatsapp. Appointment is May 19.
Two weeks and the deed will be done!
Looks like fedex arrived pretty fast. Does the unit come with this external speaker?

Old 05-06-21, 07:54 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Looks like fedex arrived pretty fast. Does the unit come with this external speaker?

Nothing that looks like that. What is this from?
Old 05-07-21, 08:02 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Nothing that looks like that. What is this from?
It's from different unit, most of these from Aliexpress comes with it. When it's hooked up you can hear navigation turns and Waze notification through this speaker without having to switch to AUX input.
Old 05-07-21, 03:33 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

It's from different unit, most of these from Aliexpress comes with it. When it's hooked up you can hear navigation turns and Waze notification through this speaker without having to switch to AUX input.

Could this be the equivalent? It doesn't really appear to be a speaker. There is a small mic in the package. I'm fairly sure that's what it is.
Old 05-07-21, 06:02 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Could this be the equivalent? It doesn't really appear to be a speaker. There is a small mic in the package. I'm fairly sure that's what it is.
Can you take a picture of the connector? Yes it should come with Mic for Siri but not sure you might not need it, usually it can use oem mic.

I’ve been trying to source this speaker no one wants to sell me one. Contacted eBay and 4x4shop they only want to sell if I purchased from them originally. I guess I’ll probably make one myself from diy parts.
Old 05-07-21, 06:57 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Can you take a picture of the connector? Yes it should come with Mic for Siri but not sure you might not need it, usually it can use oem mic.

I’ve been trying to source this speaker no one wants to sell me one. Contacted eBay and 4x4shop they only want to sell if I purchased from them originally. I guess I’ll probably make one myself from diy parts.
What connector?
Old 05-07-21, 10:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

What connector?
I meant this piece in the bag. I can tell whether it’s speaker or gps antenna just by looking at connector.

NVM looks like it’s just gps antenna.

Last edited by dojoman; 05-07-21 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-08-21, 12:08 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I meant this piece in the bag. I can tell whether it’s speaker or gps antenna just by looking at connector.

NVM looks like it’s just gps antenna.

The piece and the connector looks just like this, so it must be a GPS antenna.
The following users liked this post:
dojoman (05-08-21)
Old 05-19-21, 05:45 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I got a response from a guy named Ken today on WhatsApp. He is one of two new sales managers at Lexion. Finally!
I asked some questions and hope for a timely response. My installation was postponed until June 11, due to circumstances
beyond the shop's control.
Old 05-19-21, 06:19 PM
Aznkid770
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by babaijebu
Guessing you still didn't receive it? Might be a good product, but i don't have that much patience when paying that much money.
yes that is true. But take it from me. I have wasted 2k in android screens on my Lexus already. Frim Aliexpress and lady in Facebook and now Lexion. I talk to Eric about it and he felt so bad he gave me a deal. Just so I could have a better unit and man even tho the one I got on Facebook worked 85% of the time it did have its flaws but the Lexion is so so much better. Pay once not 3 times like I did. Might be a wait because of chips and everything going on but worth it I'm the end.
The following users liked this post:
raerae1616 (05-21-21)
Old 05-19-21, 06:53 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aznkid770
yes that is true. But take it from me. I have wasted 2k in android screens on my Lexus already. Frim Aliexpress and lady in Facebook and now Lexion. I talk to Eric about it and he felt so bad he gave me a deal. Just so I could have a better unit and man even tho the one I got on Facebook worked 85% of the time it did have its flaws but the Lexion is so so much better. Pay once not 3 times like I did. Might be a wait because of chips and everything going on but worth it I'm the end.
It took an extra couple weeks to ship and receive the unit and screen. The delays now are in installing the unit, as I'm having a shop do it. The wait is worth it
for me, as noted here. I will update when the unit is installed June 11.
Old 05-19-21, 06:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aznkid770
So you had to install them 3 times? I’m on similar boat I should have bought Lexion from the beginning the unit I have is so slow.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models