CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21, 08:12 PM
Aznkid770
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
It took an extra couple weeks to ship and receive the unit and screen. The delays now are in installing the unit, as I'm having a shop do it. The wait is worth it
for me, as noted here. I will update when the unit is installed June 11.
yeh. It's super easy to install.
I have a video on my channel not on the lexion unit but almost the same steps except for the module itself goes in the glove box.
if you want to try yourself my channel is David Tran Media
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (05-19-21)
Old 05-19-21, 08:13 PM
Aznkid770
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
So you had to install them 3 times? I’m on similar boat I should have bought Lexion from the beginning the unit I have is so slow.
yes I didn't know about Lexion until after my 2nd unit. Then Eric helped me and gave me a great deal. So I jumped on it.
Old 05-19-21, 09:29 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Aznkid770
yeh. It's super easy to install.
I have a video on my channel not on the lexion unit but almost the same steps except for the module itself goes in the glove box.
if you want to try yourself my channel is David Tran Media
Thanks for the info, but I'm not going to install it myself. It's worth it to me to have a professional shop do it right the first time.
Old 05-19-21, 09:41 PM
Aznkid770
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, but I'm not going to install it myself. It's worth it to me to have a professional shop do it right the first time.
lol. I did the install right the 1st time lol. The only part that failed me was the screen. But OK 👌 your money lol
Jazzrock (05-20-21)
Old 05-20-21, 07:57 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Does the Siri works in Lexion system by using steering wheel button? My steering wheel buttons also controls both system, lets say I'm listening to OEM radio and when I change station on steering wheel it also affect Apple Music in Android screen. It's very annoying. I hope Lexion doesn't have this issue.
Old 05-20-21, 10:17 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aznkid770
lol. I did the install right the 1st time lol. The only part that failed me was the screen. But OK 👌 your money lol
It's only my money for a few more weeks.
Old 05-22-21, 10:54 PM
celsior11
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know how to get the steering wheel controls to work for track change etc ?
Old 06-11-21, 08:58 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Installed today. Spent about 20 minutes with one of the managers of the shop. We both figured it out together. Works great. Sound is
excellent. Steering wheel buttons work fine. The tech returned and said to hold Menu to return to the Lexus menu, which saved a few
steps. I'll play with it more tomorrow. The larger screen is amazing! A CL member is coming here tomorrow to check it out. Three thumbs up!ztrane@earthlink.net
raerae1616 (06-11-21)
Old 06-11-21, 09:09 PM
ABGLexus
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Installed today. Spent about 20 minutes with one of the managers of the shop. We both figured it out together. Works great. Sound is
excellent. Steering wheel buttons work fine. The tech returned and said to hold Menu to return to the Lexus menu, which saved a few
steps. I'll play with it more tomorrow. The larger screen is amazing! A CL member is coming here tomorrow to check it out. Three thumbs up!ztrane@earthlink.net
How is the boot time from turning car on into carplay? How is the sound quality?
Old 06-11-21, 10:04 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I've only had my Lexion installed for a week or so and have only driven a handful of times.... one day Carplay didn't want to connect until I fiddled with the phone and rebooted the phone. But generally the boot time is fine, perfectly acceptable to me. Slightly slower than OEM, but an extra 5-10 seconds... then Carplay connects automatically about 10-20 seconds after that. By the time I've backed up out of my garage and about to get on the road (reverse camera works very quickly) then Carplay will finish connecting and pop up. So it's not instantaneous, but it's not too bad either. I'm super happy that the backup camera works pretty quickly within about 10 seconds of startup; while Android is still loading.

But once it's running it's spectacular... I can't get over how well Waze works while Amazon Prime music is playing, etc... all via wireless Carplay. And trackpad works wonderfully (once the settings are right; esp. decreasing the sensitivity in Android OS settings).

The Voice button and Siri work awesome too! Once the settings were changed to use the OEM Mic then she understands me perfectly and voice calls work really well too again using the OEM Mic; and also making sure my iPhone mic setting says Lexus RC-F and not "phone" or "local" (whatever local is).

And that screen is just Awesome! I removed the protector that it came with because they had tons of bubbles underneath and the screen is Satin finish (not Glossy at all). It looks sooo elegant and OEM.

Last edited by raerae1616; 06-11-21 at 10:15 PM.
Jazzrock (06-12-21)
Old 06-11-21, 10:47 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Backup camera should come on regardless of Android boot sequence, screen just switches over to camera input once in reverse.
Jazzrock (06-12-21)
Old 06-12-21, 12:20 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by raerae1616
I've only had my Lexion installed for a week or so and have only driven a handful of times.... one day Carplay didn't want to connect until I fiddled with the phone and rebooted the phone. But generally the boot time is fine, perfectly acceptable to me. Slightly slower than OEM, but an extra 5-10 seconds... then Carplay connects automatically about 10-20 seconds after that. By the time I've backed up out of my garage and about to get on the road (reverse camera works very quickly) then Carplay will finish connecting and pop up. So it's not instantaneous, but it's not too bad either. I'm super happy that the backup camera works pretty quickly within about 10 seconds of startup; while Android is still loading.

But once it's running it's spectacular... I can't get over how well Waze works while Amazon Prime music is playing, etc... all via wireless Carplay. And trackpad works wonderfully (once the settings are right; esp. decreasing the sensitivity in Android OS settings).

The Voice button and Siri work awesome too! Once the settings were changed to use the OEM Mic then she understands me perfectly and voice calls work really well too again using the OEM Mic; and also making sure my iPhone mic setting says Lexus RC-F and not "phone" or "local" (whatever local is).

And that screen is just Awesome! I removed the protector that it came with because they had tons of bubbles underneath and the screen is Satin finish (not Glossy at all). It looks sooo elegant and OEM.
I don't think I can add anything to raerae1616's post at this point. I've had very little time with it. Boot time was fast. I also removed the plastic protector, not because of bubbles, but I knew it would
look better and it certainly does.
Old 06-12-21, 08:44 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I don't think I can add anything to raerae1616's post at this point. I've had very little time with it. Boot time was fast. I also removed the plastic protector, not because of bubbles, but I knew it would
look better and it certainly does.
You car didn’t come with OEM nav so you’re using **** to control CarPlay?
Old 06-12-21, 09:18 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by dojoman
You car didn’t come with OEM nav so you’re using **** to control CarPlay?
It does have navigation. As long as you save addresses in the Address Book, it works fine. Otherwise it's a slow process. Faster now with the touch screen I imagine. I have a joystick.
Old 06-12-21, 01:11 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Worked more with it today. A LC member met me today and I went over the Lexion unit with him. He will probably buy it, as he should!
Everything works flawlessly. Boots up lightning fast. Google Maps and music work great together. Joystick works fine with it. Steering
wheel buttons all work as well. Ha cha! Did I mention how wonderful the large screen looks?
raerae1616 (06-18-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models