CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-21, 09:21 PM
ShawnS93
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
I've only had my Lexion installed for a week or so and have only driven a handful of times.... one day Carplay didn't want to connect until I fiddled with the phone and rebooted the phone. But generally the boot time is fine, perfectly acceptable to me. Slightly slower than OEM, but an extra 5-10 seconds... then Carplay connects automatically about 10-20 seconds after that. By the time I've backed up out of my garage and about to get on the road (reverse camera works very quickly) then Carplay will finish connecting and pop up. So it's not instantaneous, but it's not too bad either. I'm super happy that the backup camera works pretty quickly within about 10 seconds of startup; while Android is still loading.

But once it's running it's spectacular... I can't get over how well Waze works while Amazon Prime music is playing, etc... all via wireless Carplay. And trackpad works wonderfully (once the settings are right; esp. decreasing the sensitivity in Android OS settings).

The Voice button and Siri work awesome too! Once the settings were changed to use the OEM Mic then she understands me perfectly and voice calls work really well too again using the OEM Mic; and also making sure my iPhone mic setting says Lexus RC-F and not "phone" or "local" (whatever local is).

And that screen is just Awesome! I removed the protector that it came with because they had tons of bubbles underneath and the screen is Satin finish (not Glossy at all). It looks sooo elegant and OEM.

Are you using the OEM mic currently or the shipped one that came with the unit? I was told the shipped mic had to be used…
Old 06-15-21, 02:49 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnS93
Are you using the OEM mic currently or the shipped one that came with the unit? I was told the shipped mic had to be used…
Just had mine installed on Friday. Today I looked for the mic that came with the Lexion unit and the shop installed it on the left side of the front windshield
antenna, so I must be using it. Instructions are to place it on the windshield on the right side. It probably doesn't matter. Putting it closer to the driver
can't hurt certainly. I'm not sure you have to use the Lexion mic, but why not?
Old 06-18-21, 10:40 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnS93
I answered this in my post above as I set all settings in my unit to use OEM mic. (There were 2 places if I recall). But I also installed the Lexion Mic too; though probably not in an ideal location)...

And so far I’ve only used CarPlay features as the Android GPS is not working well...I’m wondering if I got a faulty antenna(?)

For phone calls though I get feedback that the call is really bad if my iPhone has “local” slected but my Bluetooth is still connected to the OEM system so when I choose that “Lexus RCF” for audio it works great...but again I think it’s using the OEM Bluetooth which I was told is significantly better audio on calls...but with CarPlay it still shows everything perfectly on screen and seamlessly reverts back to normal audio when we hang up.

I haven’t had enough calls to sort things out 100% (eg I’m not sure if I’ll get nav prompts when on a call this way using what appears to be the OEM Bluetooth).
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (06-19-21)
Old 06-29-21, 12:05 PM
mxpx148
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any plans to update this head unit or develop one for 2018+ IS350s with NAV?
Old 07-01-21, 10:17 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts

I am considering ordering this. I ordered a Grom VL2 but might want to go with this instead. Any thoughts from those who have used both?
Old 07-01-21, 11:29 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I can't speak about the Grom, but the Lexion has no issues at all. It boots up very fast. The only downside is communication from the company is slow. I was willing to put up with it to get the unit. The 10.25" screen is fantastic as well.
Old 07-01-21, 05:42 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Ordered. Looking forward to it.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (07-09-21)
Old 07-01-21, 08:01 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by InveredMP
Enjoy every minute! Congratulations!
Old 07-08-21, 02:26 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
How did you manage to contact Lexion?, been trying and they just don't respond at all
Old 07-08-21, 05:18 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Go to their Facebook page and message them though what’s app. They have been pretty responsive for me.
Old 07-08-21, 11:50 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I have and get no response. It seems once you order and get the product, the communication isn't good. Product is fantastic though!
Old 07-13-21, 12:39 PM
metalburgr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any 6th gen ES owners here that have the Lexion unit and have done self-installation? I know this is in the IS forum, but this seems to be the most comprehensive thread for this head unit.

Have watched BeatSonic's install videos several times and installation looks pretty straightforward and similar -- has anyone had any issues? Also noticed in Lexion's video that they have the USB connector in the middle armrest compartment (
at 1:30 mark) - has anyone done this themselves? Seems like most people have opted to have the USB cable in the glove. In the Lexion video, it also may be a possibility that the USB cord is coming from the glove and being fed around the passenger side and into the compartment, based on the cord coming out to the right side?

Lastly, are there any owners that have had the head unit for 3, 6, or more months that can provide any updates on how the units have held up?
Old 07-13-21, 01:04 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by metalburgr
Are there any 6th gen ES owners here that have the Lexion unit and have done self-installation? I know this is in the IS forum, but this seems to be the most comprehensive thread for this head unit.

Have watched BeatSonic's install videos several times and installation looks pretty straightforward and similar -- has anyone had any issues? Also noticed in Lexion's video that they have the USB connector in the middle armrest compartment (https://youtu.be/1h2cxyW2XnM?t=85 at 1:30 mark) - has anyone done this themselves? Seems like most people have opted to have the USB cable in the glove. In the Lexion video, it also may be a possibility that the USB cord is coming from the glove and being fed around the passenger side and into the compartment, based on the cord coming out to the right side?

Lastly, are there any owners that have had the head unit for 3, 6, or more months that can provide any updates on how the units have held up?
USB connector is probably routed to armrest area that's how I have mine with another unit with extended cable. I did have to punch a hole in armtest to bring out USB connector. You can actually put it in glove box it's probably easier if you don't plan to use wired carplay most the time. I can still use oem usb ports for charging.
Old 07-23-21, 07:16 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Installed my unit yesterday. Had some issues but Jae walked me though several of the fixes. I now have a new problem, if I try to go to Enform from the other OS, it goes to the Nav screen and is frozen. I cannot access any Enform menus or functions.
Old 07-23-21, 09:31 AM
ShawnS93
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The nav screen of the Lexus OS or the Lexion OS?

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models