CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-21 | 08:06 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by dojoman
It does have reverse trigger wire. Another member in RC forum did the same for front camera with beatsonic switch, I believe it's brown lose wire on the harness. I bought Lexion about two weeks ago still has not shipped.
Thanks for confirming that dojoman!

As much as I have loved my 2nd gen 4x4 unit and had zero issues with it for nearly 2 years, it is starting to have problems and while 4x4 customer service has been excellent in trying to help, we have not come a reasonable solution to my issue yet and I am about to just trash the unit and get the Lexicon.

@Jazzrock Hey bud, since I know you have this unit, would you be able to help with these 2 questions:

1. How many USB inputs are there? 1 or 2?
2. Is the wireless carplay built into the unit? or is it through a USB dongle?

Thanks!
Old 07-27-21 | 08:34 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whoismiked

As much as I have loved my 2nd gen 4x4 unit and had zero issues with it for nearly 2 years, it is starting to have problems and while 4x4 customer service has been excellent in trying to help, we have not come a reasonable solution to my issue yet and I am about to just trash the unit and get the Lexicon.

@Jazzrock Hey bud, since I know you have this unit, would you be able to help with these 2 questions:

Thanks!
What is the issue with 4x4 unit?
I think it has 2 USB ports. Jazzrock can confirm I saw on the harness two usb plugs.
Wireless Carplay is built-in no dongle can also use wired.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (07-27-21)
Old 07-27-21 | 09:32 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

What is the issue with 4x4 unit?
It has never had this issue before, just started this week, but the unit is overheating and shutting down

Which is another reason the Lexicon unit is better due to the control unit being separate and not stuffed into the hottest part of the car

I think it has 2 USB ports. Jazzrock can confirm I saw on the harness two usb plugs.
Wireless Carplay is built-in no dongle can also use wired.

Sweeeeeet, thanks man!
Old 07-27-21 | 11:14 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Thanks!
Two USB inputs. One for wired CarPlay/Android Auto. Wireless is in the unit. No dongles. There is a setting to connect automatically. You check the box in Settings. Sorry you're having problems with the other brand. The two USB wires will come from the glove compartment unless you feed them around and punch a small hole in the head unit so the wires are where the armrest is, if that makes sense. I forgot to ask the installer to do this. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of. The unit goes behind the glove box.
whoismiked (07-27-21)
Old 07-27-21 | 03:15 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I figured out and have eliminated all the issues except the jog mouse working on Lexus OS. Still can't fix that one.
Old 07-27-21 | 04:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InveredMP
I figured out and have eliminated all the issues except the jog mouse working on Lexus OS. Still can't fix that one.
How did you fix it? Joystick still not working in Lexus OS? I wonder why this happens I’m afraid to install mine now i went through this many times didn’t turn out well. I hope Lexion has a solution if not you can open dispute.
Old 07-27-21 | 04:54 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

How did you fix it? Joystick still not working in Lexus OS? I wonder why this happens I’m afraid to install mine now i went through this many times didn’t turn out well. I hope Lexion has a solution if not you can open dispute.

Not sure why, but the joystick plug was completely taped up and hidden within the harness. That was the first fix. Somehow during troubleshooting, the fuse I have my remote turn on for the amp blew, and as I was troubleshooting today I discovered that and fixed it.

Jog mouse works perfectly in the Lexion OS. When I press and hold menu it will go into the Lexus OS but no mouse is present so I can't click on anything.

Jae has been super helpful (I think that is who I am talking to on WhatsApp). There were several minor issues in the beginning like the backup camera, that were software related and a setting had to be changed.

I think at this point it has to be something with the harness, but I am not sure.
Old 07-27-21 | 05:19 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Not sure why, but the joystick plug was completely taped up and hidden within the harness. That was the first fix. Somehow during troubleshooting, the fuse I have my remote turn on for the amp blew, and as I was troubleshooting today I discovered that and fixed it.

Jog mouse works perfectly in the Lexion OS. When I press and hold menu it will go into the Lexus OS but no mouse is present so I can't click on anything.

Jae has been super helpful (I think that is who I am talking to on WhatsApp). There were several minor issues in the beginning like the backup camera, that were software related and a setting had to be changed.

I think at this point it has to be something with the harness, but I am not sure.
Glad to hear you've fixed some of the issues. Hopefully you can get the joystick to work with Lexus.
What phone number are you using in WhatsApp? Thanks!
Old 07-27-21 | 07:35 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jazzrock
glad to hear you've fixed some of the issues. Hopefully you can get the joystick to work with lexus.
What phone number are you using in whatsapp? Thanks!

+82 10-9791-3396
Jazzrock (07-28-21)
Old 07-27-21 | 08:12 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Two USB inputs. One for wired CarPlay/Android Auto. Wireless is in the unit. No dongles. There is a setting to connect automatically. You check the box in Settings. Sorry you're having problems with the other brand. The two USB wires will come from the glove compartment unless you feed them around and punch a small hole in the head unit so the wires are where the armrest is, if that makes sense. I forgot to ask the installer to do this. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of. The unit goes behind the glove box.
@Jazzrock Do you know where installer mounted the external control box? Behind glove box? I kind of want to know exactly where I have removed glove box before there aren’t a lot of room back there.
Old 07-27-21 | 09:25 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

@Jazzrock Do you know where installer mounted the external control box? Behind glove box? I kind of want to know exactly where I have removed glove box before there aren’t a lot of room back there.
It is behind the glove box, as the two USB cables come from there.
Old 07-28-21 | 12:07 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

+82 10-9791-3396
Thanks. That's the number I use. I asked a question on 6/23, with follow up on 7/12 with no response.
Old 07-28-21 | 05:05 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

It has never had this issue before, just started this week, but the unit is overheating and shutting down
Well, I fixed my overheating issue, My unit is working great again

But I will continue to keep up with this thread as if/when my unit dies or starts having issues again, I'm buying the Lexicon

Also, I plan to buy a used RCF soon, so I will get this unit for that one for sure

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-28-21 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-28-21 | 05:42 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

In this video, Beasonic installs their andriod control box behind the glovebox, I imagine you would put the Lexicon in the same place

dojoman (07-28-21)
Old 07-28-21 | 10:21 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

In this video, Beasonic installs their andriod control box behind the glovebox, I imagine you would put the Lexicon in the same place

I believe this is the video Lexion sent me, as they explained theirs is in Korean.
swaangin (09-04-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models