CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-20, 11:45 AM
wycy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the cost? I can't find cost information on the website.

Also, with this new screen is it possible to access both the stock firmware as well as the Apple Carplay?

Last edited by wycy; 07-16-20 at 11:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lexion Automotive (07-16-20)
Old 07-16-20, 12:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by wycy

Also, with this new screen is it possible to access both the stock firmware as well as the Apple Carplay?
Vendor said $799 promotion price in this post . It will retain both stock system and CarPlay just like any other aftermarket solution. I just don’t want to jump into this right away and let people test it out. I had bad experience with installing CarPlay in general.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
dhrdrm (09-21-20), Lexion Automotive (07-16-20)
Old 07-16-20, 02:58 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
So, I know you're in Korea and are trying to sound as North American as possible, but we don't usually say 'bro' and 'dude' so often and even less in written form. I know you're trying to connect with a buyer base, but just a cultural suggestion...

anyhow, yeah, i have an IS, but I noticed that your product information stops the IS at the 2017 model year, which would exclude me as I have a 2018 and would also exclude @Flash5 as he has a 2018 as well. Why is it that the 2018+ models are excluded? They're using the same system that the 2017 model year is.
thanks for the info.
they have slightly different hardware and software system so it makes entire system a bit unstable,
Old 07-16-20, 03:00 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gladius
Damn I would like one of these systems in my non-nav 2018, but there is no way in hell I would attempt to install this myself (not as savvy enough like most here with that kinda stuff) so I would need to find a shop to do it, and it seems like most have little issues here and there with the quality and settings. It would need to be plug-n-play & retain factory settings/sound.
gladius, actually it's very easy to install.
i've just updated the post, you can check diagram
Old 07-16-20, 03:02 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

so, this was my main issue with the 4x4 unit. i can't install it and i couldn't find a shop that was willing to touch this job. it's plug-and-play and apparently you retain factory settings, although a number of members have had problems with these units - usually related to software, but some hardware issues too (the antenna and the microphone, i *think* are points of weakness).

i gave up after 4x4's emails indicated their *****ty lack of support, so i didn't have much confidence in their step-by-step phone support. so yeah, i'll likely stick with the stock system, but if i could find a shop to install this and make it work perfectly without the glitches that other members are having issues with, then i'd be all for it.
davyjordi, actually it's very easy to install.
i've just updated the post, you can check diagram
Old 07-16-20, 03:04 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

∘ the price is $1,100 but on sales now to $890, but if you personally contact me via whatsapp +82 10 6715 4917 jae lee, then it's $799(shipping included) until our promotion ends
Old 07-16-20, 03:05 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Originally Posted by dojoman
Vendor said $799 promotion price in this post . It will retain both stock system and CarPlay just like any other aftermarket solution. I just don’t want to jump into this right away and let people test it out. I had bad experience with installing CarPlay in general.
thanks for the interest, this is the best display ever in lexus market
Old 07-16-20, 03:13 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Couple of questions:
  • Do I need to connect GPS antenna if I don't plan to use Android map just Carplay?
  • How about Mic can I use Lexus built in mic?
  • I see you also have standalone Carplay (not screen upgrade) is it available and how much?
  • 3D surround view is interesting but can't find anything about it on the site.
  • Are the IC, caps, etc components automotive grade meaning they're designed to withstand higher ambient temperature? I don't want parts failing after warranty expired.
msturkey (02-16-22)
Old 07-16-20, 03:28 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

You still need external mic and gps antenna?
sure,
but if you use carplay, it uses your iphone gps so you won'd need to install gps antenna if you don't want,
but if you use android and download navi app like google or something, you need gps
my recommendation is install gps, it's usually better that way
Old 07-16-20, 04:43 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Way too expensive!!!!
Old 07-16-20, 04:52 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Way too expensive!!!!
thanks for the opinion, jazzrock
but actually in reality it's pretty cheap,
things you see around $500 on aliexpress are video interface only,
but with display and interface in bundle usually costs at least $700~$1200 with worse quality than ours.
with everything into consideration, our product has a very competitive price for its quality.

yours truly.
Old 07-16-20, 04:58 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

So, I know you're in Korea and are trying to sound as North American as possible, but we don't usually say 'bro' and 'dude' so often and even less in written form. I know you're trying to connect with a buyer base, but just a cultural suggestion...

anyhow, yeah, i have an IS, but I noticed that your product information stops the IS at the 2017 model year, which would exclude me as I have a 2018 and would also exclude @Flash5 as he has a 2018 as well. Why is it that the 2018+ models are excluded? They're using the same system that the 2017 model year is.
sorry, davy, my mistake.
your car is 2018 right?
then our system will work totally fine for your car,
please talk to me over whatsapp +82 10 6715 4917
i will explain everything in detail there,
much appreciate for pointing out my english as well,
i guess the reason being is because i learnt english from gta san andreas, 4 and 5 !!
The following 2 users liked this post by Lexion Automotive:
dappy9 (07-29-20), raerae1616 (05-27-21)
Old 07-16-20, 05:44 PM
wycy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D’oh good call, I was looking all over but missed it buried in the middle of the features list. 😅

I’m intrigued but I also don’t want to be the first person to try it. I’d also like to see more close up, high def pictures of how the display looks integrated into the dash.
Old 07-16-20, 06:15 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

D’oh good call, I was looking all over but missed it buried in the middle of the features list. 😅

I’m intrigued but I also don’t want to be the first person to try it. I’d also like to see more close up, high def pictures of how the display looks integrated into the dash.
thanks for the interest
we will soon update thread with more detailed pictures and videos,
Old 07-16-20, 06:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Is it easy to update firmware if there’s a new iOS release for CarPlay? Is CarPlay system also part of external box I won’t need a dongle right? Sometime wireless CarPlay can be glitchy and laggy not sure same issue are in your system. Audio coming out from Android notifications will be routed to cars speakers? the competitor products audio comes from screen there is a speaker which I don’t like. I’d rather hear all audio from car speakers.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models