CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-21, 10:57 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks there's some room next to AC blower it's a good spot for control box. Lexion is extremely slow in responding my messages still no shipping estimate.
Old 07-28-21, 05:09 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Thanks there's some room next to AC blower it's a good spot for control box. Lexion is extremely slow in responding my messages still no shipping estimate.
I know it's frustrating. Hang in there and you'll get it. Their communication needs a lot of improvement!
Old 07-29-21, 04:55 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Edit: nvm.

I do not want to support a seller who has no time or desire to provide basic customer service needs. It's such a shame because the product is good, but if you have a legit issue you are SOL.

I'll just wait. More and more variations of units are coming out, I'm sure something similar or better than this will eventually hit the market.

I feel bad for people like this, who have a legit reason to get a hold of the seller, but is ignored for over a month:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...th-lexion.html

That is unacceptable.

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-29-21 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-29-21, 12:03 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Edit: nvm.

I do not want to support a seller who has no time or desire to provide basic customer service needs. It's such a shame because the product is good, but if you have a legit issue you are SOL.

I'll just wait. More and more variations of units are coming out, I'm sure something similar or better than this will eventually hit the market.

I feel bad for people like this, who have a legit reason to get a hold of the seller, but is ignored for over a month:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...th-lexion.html

That is unacceptable.
I agreed. For $850 product we should expect at least some sort of basic customer support. I was tempted to cancel my order due to joystick issue with another member, not the same one in the link. I asked Lexion to cancel I don’t hear back for days and once I messaged him about keeping my order he immediately replies me back. I think this guy isn’t very honest he only responds if it involves getting an order. When I asked for shipping estimate he goes radio silent again. Very frustrating indeed.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21, 12:24 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

I agreed. For $850 product we should expect at least some sort of basic customer support. I was tempted to cancel my order due to joystick issue with another member, not the same one in the link. I asked Lexion to cancel I don’t hear back for days and once I messaged him about keeping my order he immediately replies me back. I think this guy isn’t very honest he only responds if it involves getting an order. When I asked for shipping estimate he goes radio silent again. Very frustrating indeed.
Yup

To be honest I was skeptical of this seller from the start, knew the product was good, but the seller seemed sketchy from the start, which explains why he is no longer a vendor here

This **** was a red flag right off the bat

**important : do NOT buy from the website, contact me directly and send me your name and address, I will give you invoice and this is good for me and you (trust me)

And heard he recently been asking for western union from other people as well, even though they finally ended up getting the product, they have no recourse to dispute if something goes wrong.

If people wanna take the risk anyways, DO NOT pay with western union or similar. Paypal you can open a dispute but paypal dispute can be hit or miss. I've seen and heard TONS of horror stories both from sellers and buyers that PayPal is not 100% to cover you, no matter how much proof you provide, it would be the first step to try though, but if you use your credit / bank card via paypal or then you can dispute with your CC card / bank and they will handle it.

Either way I will not support this this seller no matter how good the product is

I am actually a director of customer service and distribution in my line of work, so poor customer service and communication really grinds my gears lol

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-29-21 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-29-21, 12:32 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts

The support delays are very frustrating. If you have no problems, then you’d never notice the worst part of buying a Lexion unit, which is the customer support element.

I still have the issue over a week later. It’s annoying to say the least. A new harness should have been shipped out immediately IMHO.
Old 07-29-21, 01:22 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by InveredMP
The support delays are very frustrating. If you have no problems, then you’d never notice the worst part of buying a Lexion unit, which is the customer support element.

I still have the issue over a week later. It’s annoying to say the least. A new harness should have been shipped out immediately IMHO.
You are absolutely right and should feel angry and frustrated. I would threaten a PayPal dispute and then do it in short order.
whoismiked (07-29-21)
Old 08-02-21, 03:28 PM
thebing
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone heard back from their what's app account lately?

I got some good support the first day I reached out, in terms of getting the mic setup but recently I haven't heard anything with one of the more difficult questions I have. I bought the unit based on the fact that the website said Wireless Android Auto, but when i reached out to Eric/Jae on whatsapp, they said that android auto is wired only. This was supremely disappointing as I bought it specifically for wireless use. He let me know 2 weeks ago that he was checking with the techs and would get back to me on Monday, but I haven't heard anything since.

Considering returning the unit completely as it doesn't do what it was advertised to do, anyone else have luck with wireless android auto, or getting support from them?
Old 08-02-21, 05:38 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thebing
Has anyone heard back from their what's app account lately?

I got some good support the first day I reached out, in terms of getting the mic setup but recently I haven't heard anything with one of the more difficult questions I have. I bought the unit based on the fact that the website said Wireless Android Auto, but when i reached out to Eric/Jae on whatsapp, they said that android auto is wired only. This was supremely disappointing as I bought it specifically for wireless use. He let me know 2 weeks ago that he was checking with the techs and would get back to me on Monday, but I haven't heard anything since.

Considering returning the unit completely as it doesn't do what it was advertised to do, anyone else have luck with wireless android auto, or getting support from them?
Currently there is no way to get Android Auto in wireless even in Car OEM unit. I’ve seen a dongle on a Kickstarter but I’m not sure how good it is. I ordered Lexion three weeks ago still waiting and I’ve been getting spotty support. Someone said he had some health problem but I’ve seen updated YouTube videos weekly so there’s that…
Old 08-02-21, 06:18 PM
thebing
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently there is no way to get Android Auto in wireless even in Car OEM unit. I’ve seen a dongle on a Kickstarter but I’m not sure how good it is. I ordered Lexion three weeks ago still waiting and I’ve been getting spotty support. Someone said he had some health problem but I’ve seen updated YouTube videos weekly so there’s that…
Thats so wierd, I've rented cars in the past year and have been able to wireless connect to their android auto with no problems.

So it feels a little bit backwards to have to connect my phone to my car when I previously was already wireless with the OEM stereo.
Old 08-02-21, 06:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thebing
Thats so wierd, I've rented cars in the past year and have been able to wireless connect to their android auto with no problems.

So it feels a little bit backwards to have to connect my phone to my car when I previously was already wireless with the OEM stereo.
I meant Lexus OEM does not connect wirelessly for both CarPlay and AA.
Old 08-04-21, 02:25 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

The Grom Vline 2 supports wireless Android.

https://gromaudio.com/store/all-lex89_.html
Old 08-06-21, 03:03 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

My curse with Android unit continues. Joystick does not work in Android menu, it works fine in OEM. I cannot even hold down menu to go to Android system I had to reboot my car to get back to Android. I don't even see cursor but OEM still works. Looks like I'm stuck.
Old 08-06-21, 05:03 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I’m returning mine I think.
Old 08-06-21, 05:11 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I just ordered the 4x4 unit and will be returning the Lexion unit.

I can’t stand the lack of customer support with Lexion.
whoismiked (08-06-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models