CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-21, 07:40 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I just hate to mess with things if they're working well. In this case, very well. 😎
True, if everything working well don’t mess around sometime new firmware might have more bugs.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (08-09-21)
Old 08-10-21, 05:33 PM
metalburgr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to get a hold of them on FB messenger, though there was a lapse in responses that lasted for about 2 weeks, which lines up with some of the comments on support from some of you.

I inquired about a groupbuy and whoever is currently answering for Lexion said a $50 discount can be done if at least 5 people are able to join.

If anyone is interested in a groupbuy for a $50 discount please PM me -- I'm not in a huge rush to get a unit since I'm not driving often, so I'm flexible on waiting for enough people.
Old 08-12-21, 03:36 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Super happy things are working for everyone.

I removed mine, and filed a claim with PayPal as they have once again, stopped responding, and I have a unit that does not work as described.
Old 08-14-21, 05:00 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Fun fact, Lexion still hasn’t responded on WhatsApp. This marks a week since I last heard from them.
Old 08-17-21, 12:27 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Ordered one a month ago, hasn't shipped and no response from Lexion, looks like I'll be doing a PayPal claim as well
Old 08-17-21, 05:34 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Droth
Ordered one a month ago, hasn't shipped and no response from Lexion, looks like I'll be doing a PayPal claim as well
I have no idea what’s going on, but the unit isn’t good enough to deal with these issues. It’s pretty decent for those who found it working properly, but after buying the 3rd gen 4x4 unit and removing the Lexion unit, I am quite happy with a fully functioning unit and best of all, excellent tech support and customer service.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (08-17-21)
Old 08-20-21, 08:36 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I got an issue with screen flickering anyone seen this, it's not the camera I see the same in person? It's a bit annoying and it seems like screen resolution is changing back and forth. Watch the end of video where Carplay icons are on the side the icons got crisp and then flickering. Don't know what's going on, it happens all the time.

Last edited by dojoman; 08-20-21 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-20-21, 10:19 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
I got an issue with screen flickering anyone seen this, it's not the camera I see the same in person? It's a bit annoying and it seems like screen resolution is changing back and forth. Watch the end of video where Carplay icons are on the side the icons got crisp and then flickering. Don't know what's going on, it happens all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZXT8kWrmSo
Super annoying, I don't remember mine doing that when I had it installed.
Old 08-20-21, 10:38 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InveredMP
Super annoying, I don't remember mine doing that when I had it installed.
I didn't notice it in the beginning but as I use more I started seeing flickering, at first I thought it was doing brightness adjustment but looks to me like resolution changing by itself. I suspect it's zlink app doing something funny, I installed another app Autokit but it won't connect with this hardware need a dongle that I was using before. What app comes with 4x4 for Carplay?
Old 08-20-21, 01:15 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I didn't notice it in the beginning but as I use more I started seeing flickering, at first I thought it was doing brightness adjustment but looks to me like resolution changing by itself. I suspect it's zlink app doing something funny, I installed another app Autokit but it won't connect with this hardware need a dongle that I was using before. What app comes with 4x4 for Carplay?
I think its Autolink for Autokit I can't remember. Link and Autokit operate basically the same exact way. I can't note a difference between the two. I wonder if some apps on Lexion are adjusting for screen size and changing resolution, I am not sure. I can tell you that my 4x4 doesn't do that in any facet. I only had my Lexion installed a few days and didn't notice that, but that doesn't mean mine wasn't doing it. The problem now is, you will more than likely get zero help on it unfortunately.
Old 08-20-21, 01:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I think its Autolink for Autokit I can't remember. Link and Autokit operate basically the same exact way. I can't note a difference between the two. I wonder if some apps on Lexion are adjusting for screen size and changing resolution, I am not sure. I can tell you that my 4x4 doesn't do that in any facet. I only had my Lexion installed a few days and didn't notice that, but that doesn't mean mine wasn't doing it. The problem now is, you will more than likely get zero help on it unfortunately.
I have some issues I want to get fix but I'm not expecting any support. Also, my plastic trim that covers the screen mount is meant for European cars the tabs are mirrored. I asked to send me correct one I don't hear back for days.
Old 08-20-21, 01:45 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I have some issues I want to get fix but I'm not expecting any support. Also, my plastic trim that covers the screen mount is meant for European cars the tabs are mirrored. I asked to send me correct one I don't hear back for days.
Yea I haven't heard from anyone in about 2 weeks. I am empathetic to peoples situations but this surgery stuff I don't have much sympathy for. I have heard that excuse from other people a few times about whoever is running Lexion, can't run a company then ghost people for any reason.
Old 08-20-21, 05:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Yea I haven't heard from anyone in about 2 weeks. I am empathetic to peoples situations but this surgery stuff I don't have much sympathy for. I have heard that excuse from other people a few times about whoever is running Lexion, can't run a company then ghost people for any reason.
Is CarPlay built in on main board on 4x4 or it came with dongle?
Old 08-20-21, 05:54 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Is CarPlay built in on main board on 4x4 or it came with dongle?

I use it wirelessly. No dongle on Lexion or 4x4
Old 08-20-21, 06:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I use it wirelessly. No dongle on Lexion or 4x4
Interesting each unit has their own dedicated app. So I installed Autokit app on Lexion CarPlay won’t connect but I used a separate wireless dongle and it works. I will keep using zlink app don’t want to use a separate dongle just for flickering issue hopefully new app update might fix it. I do like that zlink connects very fast.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models