CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-21, 06:54 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by LocoStrnge
Thanks. I will look into their thread/product again.
I own both. The Lexion didn’t work for me as some component of it was defective. But the real kicker was the lack of support and service. 4x4 is great and their tech support AND customer service departments respond super quick.
Old 08-29-21, 11:46 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LocoStrnge
Wow. Interesting post to say the least. I was very interested in switching my OEM unit to Lexion unit but now I want to stay away. I guess the best plan currently to just stick with OEM and forget carplay currently.
Not sure why 1 case out of many many would change your mind.
The Binary/Lexion unit is great, I've been using it for more than a year <-- you may take my positive feedback as a reference, too.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (08-30-21)
Old 08-29-21, 11:54 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Success!!! Everything works!! Joystick works both Lexus and Android. Backup camera works, had to change setting in advanced menu and Front camera works with beatsonic switch. This thing is so much better to use everything was fast. I even like how when I press radio button it goes to oem radio right away and I press Media button it goes back to CarPlay. Selecting input to AV basically switch the screen back to Android/CarPlay. There are lots of settings I need to mess around. Overall very happy. Man, I thought I was going to have to return this thing. Joystick works so well in CarPlay too.

Took me quite some time to route the harness. Negative thing about having separate box is messier lots of wires behind the glove box. luckily there are plenty room back there at least we don’t have to worry about unit overheating.
I hide the unit inside the bottom left side of the passenger seat (next to the left foot).
Old 08-30-21, 12:12 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

I got an issue with screen flickering anyone seen this, it's not the camera I see the same in person? It's a bit annoying and it seems like screen resolution is changing back and forth. Watch the end of video where Carplay icons are on the side the icons got crisp and then flickering. Don't know what's going on, it happens all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZXT8kWrmSo
I just asked the Binary engineer, he said this "Android graphics rendering" issue has already been fixed in firmware > June 2021.
You better ask for an update from your reseller (Lexion?)
He said that this issue only happens when the screen is showing this static Carplay "desktop" interface, when you are at the navigation or music interface,
it wouldn't be triggered. Is that right?

Last edited by wongnee; 08-30-21 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-30-21, 12:19 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by InveredMP
They never sent me the harness they told me they were going to send, but who knows. PayPal claimed the the issue didn't differ significantly from the product description. Pretty screwed up if you ask me.
Which harness do you think you are having problem with?
I may try to contact the manufacturer for you and get it replaced.
Old 08-30-21, 07:45 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by wongnee
I just asked the Binary engineer, he said this "Android graphics rendering" issue has already been fixed in firmware > June 2021.
You better ask for an update from your reseller (Lexion?)
He said that this issue only happens when the screen is showing this static Carplay "desktop" interface, when you are at the navigation or music interface,
it wouldn't be triggered. Is that right?
Yes, that's exactly right it only has flickering during Carplay home screen. I told Lexion already but he's checking with his engineers
Old 08-30-21, 08:01 AM
thebing
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, that's exactly right it only has flickering during Carplay home screen. I told Lexion already but he's checking with his engineers
Is he actually getting back to you? He's been checking with engineers for me on some things for a month now.
Old 08-30-21, 09:47 AM
300F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the contacts…..my CarPlay (not lexion) was doing the same thing. I had to basically uninstall and check the contact pins in the harnesses, made sure they were all seated and reinstalled everything….no more screen flickering.
Old 08-30-21, 10:42 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 300F
Check the contacts…..my CarPlay (not lexion) was doing the same thing. I had to basically uninstall and check the contact pins in the harnesses, made sure they were all seated and reinstalled everything….no more screen flickering.
Another member noticed the same thing we can't both be having harness pin contact issue. I'm pretty sure it's software related, it's not a huge deal just the icons look a bit washout. I wish Lexion has support site where we can download latest files without bothering him.
Jazzrock (08-30-21)
Old 08-30-21, 07:48 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Another member noticed the same thing we can't both be having harness pin contact issue. I'm pretty sure it's software related, it's not a huge deal just the icons look a bit washout. I wish Lexion has support site where we can download latest files without bothering him.
The problem is not actually screen flickering, you should be fine while you are at the screen such as listening to music or navigation, is that correct?
The engineer told me that this problem is only happening while it's kind of "stationary" at the Carplay home screen because Android keeps changing the way to render a static picture,
which makes it distort.

I tried to compare your version and mine.
Despite the fact that the version on my car is newer than yours,
yours is Android 10 while mine is still Android 8.

I don't really care about the Android version, all we need is stability, right?

Your MCU & CAN versions both look newer than mine.

I think you should try to reach out to Lexion and get the latest firmware (anything >June).
Old 08-30-21, 07:57 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wongnee
The problem is not actually screen flickering, you should be fine while you are at the screen such as listening to music or navigation, is that correct?
The engineer told me that this problem is only happening while it's kind of "stationary" at the Carplay home screen because Android keeps changing the way to render a static picture,
which makes it distort.

I tried to compare your version and mine.
Despite the fact that the version on my car is newer than yours,
yours is Android 10 while mine is still Android 8.

I don't really care about the Android version, all we need is stability, right?

Your MCU & CAN versions both look newer than mine.

I think you should try to reach out to Lexion and get the latest firmware (anything >June).
Thanks for the update. Yeah I just want to see if the graphic issue can be fixed. So it’s related to OS not zlink app right? Lexion guy is kind of hard to reach he said he will check with Engineering but doesn’t follow up my requests.
Old 09-09-21, 08:40 AM
zgadson1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this unit compatible with a 2018 IS300 with the larger OEM screen, navigation, and joystick controller? If not, do you or anyone else know of a unit that would work?
Old 09-11-21, 08:03 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I ordered my unit 18 July off website, finally got it 9 September. Painful trying to any response from Lexion as to order status Their customer support gets a 0 out of 10, which is a shame for the product
I've had gen 1 4x4 unit, Navihau (gen 2 4x4 unit) , got a YZG unit which I sent back as build quality was shocking, and now The Lexion / Binary unit.
The screen res isn't as good on Lexion as the Navihau, but the Lexion unit is far better in just about every other way, fast to boot, joystick is actually usable (unlike the other 2), UI is streets ahead. Android Auto works well (shame only Carplay is wireless, but unit works with AA Wireless module) So far seems to not be buggy like the other 2 are.
Old 09-11-21, 08:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

OS update available here thanks to another member from RC. I updated mine it fixes lots of bugs. CarPlay icons seem a bit more sharper to my eyes.

https://mega.nz/file/DEEXwCoJ#REcmaN...tPDH2_zLM3OsmE

Update file is only for Android 10.

Last edited by dojoman; 09-11-21 at 08:30 PM.
Jazzrock (09-12-21)
Old 09-11-21, 08:40 PM
thebing
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
I ordered my unit 18 July off website, finally got it 9 September. Painful trying to any response from Lexion as to order status Their customer support gets a 0 out of 10, which is a shame for the product
I've had gen 1 4x4 unit, Navihau (gen 2 4x4 unit) , got a YZG unit which I sent back as build quality was shocking, and now The Lexion / Binary unit.
The screen res isn't as good on Lexion as the Navihau, but the Lexion unit is far better in just about every other way, fast to boot, joystick is actually usable (unlike the other 2), UI is streets ahead. Android Auto works well (shame only Carplay is wireless, but unit works with AA Wireless module) So far seems to not be buggy like the other 2 are.
which AA wireless model are you using? I've been looking at that as an option for myself as well!

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models