CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-21, 06:49 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmrcf
Do you know what shipping service Lexion used? They said they shipped my package on the 28th (even sent me a picture of a box with my name) but never sent my tracking.
it’s something that gets transferred to FedEx if I remember correctly. Maybe UPS.
Old 10-01-21, 01:31 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Found another nasty problem with Carplay not sure if it's iOS 15 related or my unit since I've never had this issue. When you're listening to music Waze the announcement audio will screw up your music. Music plays fine at first but after any audio announcement from Waze, music would come back on but it sounds like garbage. The only way around is to bring up Siri from phone. I cannot activate Siri after this happens from steering wheel control either.

Last edited by dojoman; 10-01-21 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-01-21, 02:08 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say, it is impressive how bad their customer support is. They just refuse to answer my WhatsApp messages. Don't even know if my unit has shipped or not.
Old 10-01-21, 02:10 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

I have to say, it is impressive how bad their customer support is. They just refuse to answer my WhatsApp messages. Don't even know if my unit has shipped or not.
Just hope your unit doesn’t have issues. They are a garbage company. I have a 900 dollar paperweight because the company won’t stand by their product.
Old 10-04-21, 06:54 AM
celsior11
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had crappy communication, incorrect trim sent (needed RHD took almost 6 months) and late shipping. Push and push hard, they will reply on what's app - if you think you're being over the top, keep going.

Overall, the unit isn't all that great in my opinion, not for the price. Really shirty in Android auto, poor quality audio, super clunky connection, audio won't play at times have to unplug and plug back in, phone calls don't hang up or revert back to audio or Waze etc.

Unsure if anybody is aware, do steering wheel controls work on Android auto ?

Has anybody had issues with audio volume not going up all that high ?

I've had this until for almost two years, the best thing about it is the aesthetics of the larger screen and not paying for a map update.
Old 10-04-21, 09:01 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by celsior11
I had crappy communication, incorrect trim sent (needed RHD took almost 6 months) and late shipping. Push and push hard, they will reply on what's app - if you think you're being over the top, keep going.

Overall, the unit isn't all that great in my opinion, not for the price. Really shirty in Android auto, poor quality audio, super clunky connection, audio won't play at times have to unplug and plug back in, phone calls don't hang up or revert back to audio or Waze etc.

Unsure if anybody is aware, do steering wheel controls work on Android auto ?

Has anybody had issues with audio volume not going up all that high ?

I've had this until for almost two years, the best thing about it is the aesthetics of the larger screen and not paying for a map update.
I had same issue with the trim received LHD trim instead of RHD. Took 2 months to get it. I don't use AA but Carplay works fine mostly, I do encounter new bugs every day not sure maybe iOS 15 related since I didn't have these new issues until I upgraded. None of these units are bugs free it's the life we live with aftermarket system. Even OEM system have bugs and have to wait unit dealer update the system.
Old 10-04-21, 12:48 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I had same issue with the trim received LHD trim instead of RHD. Took 2 months to get it. I don't use AA but Carplay works fine mostly, I do encounter new bugs every day not sure maybe iOS 15 related since I didn't have these new issues until I upgraded. None of these units are bugs free it's the life we live with aftermarket system. Even OEM system have bugs and have to wait unit dealer update the system.
What new issues are you encountering with Carplay since you updated to iOS 15? I read playing music is common. I knew I would wait to update even before it was released, to give Apple time
to work out the bugs.
Old 10-04-21, 12:50 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

The issue isn't IOS 15, so much is it is the age of the apps these Android units use for CarPlay.
Old 10-04-21, 01:10 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wondering when I should file a chargeback, its coming up on 4 weeks and he sent me a picture of my package but never gave me tracking and it still hasn't arrived.
Old 10-04-21, 01:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
What new issues are you encountering with Carplay since you updated to iOS 15? I read playing music is common. I knew I would wait to update even before it was released, to give Apple time
to work out the bugs.
When Waze announces nav turns while music is playing the volume lowers as expected but it never comes back to normal volume level. Also, I did voice search within Waze app, something I don't normally use, but music would playback from pause but it sounds distorted doesn't sound good at all. Siri also stopped working from steering wheel button but it works fine when I trigger directly on phone. It's all related to Waze this app is a mess whenever new iOS comes out.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 01:19 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Just wondering when I should file a chargeback, its coming up on 4 weeks and he sent me a picture of my package but never gave me tracking and it still hasn't arrived.

I won't tell you whether to file or not, but merely tell you what happened to me. I received mine around the time he told me it would take (about 4 weeks from order to delivery). Once received, I had a bunch of problems. It was very hard to get ahold of him, then he just completely stopped responding to me. I ended up filing a dispute with PayPal over it, but Lexion lied. I was unable to access the stock Lexus menu at all with the unit plugged in. Everyone else was able to do it, but mine had some wiring issue within the harness. Lexion said that they did not list that function in their description, so PayPal denied my claim, even though in the WhatsApp chat, he admitted that there is something wrong.

So if you expect to get support from Lexion, forget it. I am sure you will get your unit, although if it has been 4 weeks since he has said it shipped, and you still haven't received it, I would file a claim.

Last edited by InveredMP; 10-04-21 at 01:29 PM.
jdmrcf (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 01:20 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

When Waze announces nav turns while music is playing the volume lowers as expected but it never comes back to normal volume level. Also, I did voice search within Waze app, something I don't normally use, but music would playback from pause but it sounds distorted doesn't sound good at all. Siri also stopped working from steering wheel button but it works fine when I trigger directly on phone. It's all related to Waze this app is a mess whenever new iOS comes out.
I did have that problem. Also another issue I noticed with Waze was every time I wanted directions, the first time I did it, I would get no GPS location. I would have to close the app on the phone then go back in and start over.
Old 10-04-21, 01:22 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Give a few days they're not scamming people when they say it's shipped it will arrive. I suggest you open Fedex and UPS web access. They have something call advanced tracking management where they will send you email whenever a package is addressed to you. Tha's how I got my Fedex tracking number for mine, but yeah it will be nice to just give you the tracking they have really bad logistic system. Packages are shipped by a third party handler in China.
Jazzrock (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 03:35 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

You don't want to use Google Maps? I know everyone has their preferences certainly.
Old 10-04-21, 04:27 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
You don't want to use Google Maps? I know everyone has their preferences certainly.
I use it sometime but Google map is missing police trap and traffic, it's funny bc Waze is owned by Google.
Jazzrock (10-04-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models