CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-21, 12:07 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by ReynChan
Lexion will establish sale team and after-sales service deparment in USA soon
That's great to know! That will be a huge help for those of us living in the US. Thanks. ReynChan.
The following users liked this post:
ReynChan (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 01:21 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
That's great to know! That will be a huge help for those of us living in the US. Thanks. ReynChan.
You are welcome!
Jazzrock (11-18-21)
Old 12-08-21, 12:46 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

hello, for Lexus 09-14RX, is there RX270 in USA?

Jazzrock (12-09-21)
Old 12-09-21, 01:21 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

hello, for Lexus 09-14RX, is there RX270 in USA?
Wikipedia says it was offered in Japan, China and Russia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_RX
ReynChan (12-13-21)
Old 12-11-21, 02:30 AM
Zerotec
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Some interesting information. I've been trying to get in contact with Eric over Whatsapp and he has been ignoring my messages since the middle of September. Every week or two or so I recontact him in regards to previously unanswered questions (it's what I did in the past and he usually answered them). I went on to check if any messages were read and it appears that he's blocked me... I had clear and concise communication with him before September. Kind of crazy... Unless he's no longer a part of Lexion, this is outrageous. I now see ReynChen is answering a lot of questions now which is nice.
Old 12-11-21, 06:18 AM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerotec
Some interesting information. I've been trying to get in contact with Eric over Whatsapp and he has been ignoring my messages since the middle of September. Every week or two or so I recontact him in regards to previously unanswered questions (it's what I did in the past and he usually answered them). I went on to check if any messages were read and it appears that he's blocked me... I had clear and concise communication with him before September. Kind of crazy... Unless he's no longer a part of Lexion, this is outrageous. I now see ReynChen is answering a lot of questions now which is nice.
Deal with Reyn for your questions. Honestly I told Reyn I wanted to order another unit, when he said I had to buy through Lexion I decided not to. I can't willfully support a company that treats people like that. I had a terrible customer experience with Lexion, but Reyn at Binary took care of me. I really wish Binary would find a legit distributer, maybe one in the US, that can deal with US sales and customer service.
ReynChan (12-13-21)
Old 12-11-21, 09:32 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

You can buy Binary units through Aliexpress. Maybe Reyn can provide links, only negative would be paying sales tax. Aliexpress charges tax but Lexion does not.
ReynChan (12-13-21)
Old 12-13-21, 01:38 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

hello,maybe his whatsapp was forbidden, pls send emai to me:sale02@binarytek.cn
Old 12-13-21, 01:44 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Wikipedia says it was offered in Japan, China and Russia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_RX
thank you!
Old 12-13-21, 01:53 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

maybe his whatsapp was forbidden, pls sent email to me
Old 12-13-21, 01:10 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe his whatsapp was forbidden, pls sent email to me

Hi is your WhatsApp still working? I messaged you there but no reply.
Old 12-13-21, 05:45 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdmrcf
Hi is your WhatsApp still working? I messaged you there but no reply.
Send an Email to ReynChan, who works for Binary, the manufacturer. He's on this thread regularly. sale02@binarytek.cn
I don't think anyone gets a response on WhatsApp any longer.
Old 12-14-21, 08:48 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Send an Email to ReynChan, who works for Binary, the manufacturer. He's on this thread regularly. sale02@binarytek.cn
I don't think anyone gets a response on WhatsApp any longer.
I use to talk to ReynChan on WhatsApp but recently he has not replied, was thinking his account got locked.
ReynChan (12-21-21)
Old 12-19-21, 02:42 PM
cdgmania
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Mic?

Hi all, just bought and installed the Lexion unit. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and is a super improvement over the stock display. I am running into an issue where when in Carplay my speech is not detected, this applies to Siri, Waze and Messages. Seems like it won't work anywhere within Carplay, though I can speak through OEM Lexus menus and it works there.

I do have some confusion because I've read a couple posts which says an external mic is not needed and others saying it is. and to add to that I don't believe my unit came shipped with an external mic at all. If an external mic isn't required for Carplay speech to work, is there a setting somewhere in the menus to activate the OEM mic for Carplay? If it is required, anyone happen to have an image of what it looks like? I do see a black cabled piece with mounting tape included but that looks like the GPS-- which brings me to a follow up question, does the GPS dongle do anything for me if I don't plan on using Android Auto? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-21, 03:42 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by cdgmania
Hi all, just bought and installed the Lexion unit. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and is a super improvement over the stock display. I am running into an issue where when in Carplay my speech is not detected, this applies to Siri, Waze and Messages. Seems like it won't work anywhere within Carplay, though I can speak through OEM Lexus menus and it works there.

I do have some confusion because I've read a couple posts which says an external mic is not needed and others saying it is. and to add to that I don't believe my unit came shipped with an external mic at all. If an external mic isn't required for Carplay speech to work, is there a setting somewhere in the menus to activate the OEM mic for Carplay? If it is required, anyone happen to have an image of what it looks like? I do see a black cabled piece with mounting tape included but that looks like the GPS-- which brings me to a follow up question, does the GPS dongle do anything for me if I don't plan on using Android Auto? Thanks in advance.
Calling Dojoman. He can likely answer these questions. My unit came with a microphone and the installer used it. Here is a closeup photo, mounted to the left of the rearview mirror.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models