CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-22, 03:56 PM
gbutler24
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple questions. I know the Lexion unit takes about 20 seconds, but what about the factory side? Can I turn on the car and have it work as quickly as it did when the Lexion wasn't installed, or is that 20 seconds also?
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (01-24-22)
Old 01-24-22, 04:48 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by gbutler24
Couple questions. I know the Lexion unit takes about 20 seconds, but what about the factory side? Can I turn on the car and have it work as quickly as it did when the Lexion wasn't installed, or is that 20 seconds also?
Factory OS runs in the background and startup time is not affected by Lexion unit. There is however a bit of lag for factory backup cam to come on.
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
gbutler24 (01-25-22), Jazzrock (01-24-22)
Old 01-25-22, 11:51 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Factory OS runs in the background and startup time is not affected by Lexion unit. There is however a bit of lag for factory backup cam to come on.
My backup camera comes on instantly or after 1 second at most.
gbutler24 (01-25-22)
Old 01-25-22, 01:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
My backup camera comes on instantly or after 1 second at most.
For some reason mine has a lag compared to OEM, and if I happen to reverse while the Carplay is loading I don't even see camera. I have to put in D and get back to R.
Jazzrock (01-25-22)
Old 01-26-22, 02:57 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
For some reason mine has a lag compared to OEM, and if I happen to reverse while the Carplay is loading I don't even see camera. I have to put in D and get back to R.
My backup camera comes on when CarPlay is loading.
Old 02-21-22, 07:18 AM
armandckj
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Been following this a while. Also the 4x4 thread.

Some remarks:
- Lexion is a worthless company
- Lexion uses the units from Binarytec??
- Ryan Chan at sale02@binarytec.cn seems to be helpful
- Binarytec has 2 units in the shop
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...000069911710.4
and
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...2ce970fdPKcYVC

- Both have an extra cable to control the mouse/jog/wheel
- Both use the same chipset
- Both have Wireless Carplay
- Both support 360 cam.
Lexion states factory 360 cams.
Binarytec just claims 360 support

Lexion states android 10.
Binarytec claims an android 7 unit

Lexion does not use an external mic.
Binaryytec shows an external mic but states a Built-in Speaker / Microphone

Binarytec claimes 4G.

Lexion screen is 1920*720
Binarytec screen is 1920*1080

No dealer mentiones split screen function?
Is that a standaard Android 7+ feature?

The Binarytec systems seems to have slightly beter specs.
It seems to have better support.
In Europe wit VAT and import Tax the Binarytec unit cheaper.

Is the Binarytec unit the one you all recommend?

Regards,
Armand

Old 03-31-22, 08:48 PM
neosoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m working with Reyn from binary tek. His email is sale02@binarytek.cn

been trying to reach lexion but apparently the sales manager (?) is in the hospital ? I’m working with Reyn to replace a unit that was incorrectly spec’d for me (I don’t have navigation in my RCF).
The following 2 users liked this post by neosoul:
Jazzrock (04-01-22), ReynChan (04-05-22)
Old 05-01-22, 07:53 AM
kevlar51
7th Gear

I recently purchased a 12.3" unit direct from Reyn. Here's a link to some pics and a short video:

2014 ES300h BinaryTek/Lexion 12.3"

I could only load a one-minute video on imgur, so I had to be selective on when it started/stopped to get the most useful info up--but that's why it starts and stops so abruptly.

I'd been on the fence with upgrading my 2014 ES300h with a CarPlay unit for a few months now. Lexion's units seemed to be the best performing, but the biggest hassle to purchase. I had originally reached out to 4x4shop because my model wasn't on their compatibility list--they said it wouldn't work (I'm not sure why that's the case). I reached out to Reyn to ask about compatibility based on this thread's feedback, and he directed me to the Lexion rep from Korea. After a while Reyn got back to me and said the rep is in the hospital and so I arranged to buy direct from him (Binary Tek). Once that communication started this was quick and easy--he showed me clips of this 12.3" unit (all the hardware is in the screen) and I sent him some pics of my car so he knew exactly which cable harness to send. I received the unit about a week after I ordered (I'm in the US).

As with other units, it doesn't come with directions, though the plugs are reasonably well labeled, and they all seem to be unique (you can't fit a monitor cable into a power jack, etc). There will be excess plugs though on the harness that you don't use. I used the beat sonic video found on youtube to guide me through removing the trim and radio. A couple differences though: (1) You will NOT need to remove the glove compartment for the Binary Tek install (I fed my USB plugs down the side near the glove box, but that doesn't require glove box removal) (2) You will need to pull up the center console (just the top) in order to access the joy stick control (make sure you use the harness plug labeled "joy stick" and not "touch pad")--This comes up pretty easy with trim removal (start from the side closest to the radio)--it's clips only--but I didn't see any videos on pulling it up.

Also--the mic didn't work for my right off the bat because I didn't have it plugged in properly--the Binary Tek unit has a male and female mic plug. If you're using the OEM mic (which I wanted to do) then plug these two plugs together. Reyn had to tell me that. I'd had some issues along the way with install, and he's been great with communication/pictures to show me what it should look like.

It came with an external mic and GPS receiver--I didn't bother installing either of them.

Earlier in this thread, someone posted a password for advanced settings. It's still the same: 8868123
You will need this password to get your backup camera working--it's set to a different camera mode as default, but it's easy to change with that password (thanks Lutsiv5703 for posting it).
ReynChan (05-01-22)
Old 07-25-22, 07:50 AM
carbon1903
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased the unit from Lexion. Joon on Whatsapp was pretty much MIA from day 1. The order took a long time to process.
When I finally receive it, my unit comes in 1 piece (the display and processing box are intergrated). One user on Lexion's youtube said they receive the same product. Perhaps they no longer makes it as 2 separated pieces? The advertisement for "not overheating" doesn't seem to hold.
I did get Google Map on the unit crashed when it was very hot out (100F).

I decided to install it anyway, only for the backup camera doesn't work... I already connected the yellow wires labeled camera together, and change camera type in advanced setting to CVBS. When in reverse, the display just shows a black screen. I suspect my harness has some issues but of course, Lexion doesn't reply to email nor Whatsapp. Already emailed Reyn but still haven't heard back

I will wait until the end of the week to file a dispute. Really wanted to get it to work, but without backup camera it's a bit painful (RC350). If anyone has any contacts that I can reach Reyn for potentially replacing the harness, I would really appreciate it!
Old 07-26-22, 08:12 AM
kevlar51
7th Gear

Originally Posted by carbon1903
I recently purchased the unit from Lexion. Joon on Whatsapp was pretty much MIA from day 1. The order took a long time to process.
When I finally receive it, my unit comes in 1 piece (the display and processing box are intergrated). One user on Lexion's youtube said they receive the same product. Perhaps they no longer makes it as 2 separated pieces? The advertisement for "not overheating" doesn't seem to hold.
I did get Google Map on the unit crashed when it was very hot out (100F).

I decided to install it anyway, only for the backup camera doesn't work... I already connected the yellow wires labeled camera together, and change camera type in advanced setting to CVBS. When in reverse, the display just shows a black screen. I suspect my harness has some issues but of course, Lexion doesn't reply to email nor Whatsapp. Already emailed Reyn but still haven't heard back

I will wait until the end of the week to file a dispute. Really wanted to get it to work, but without backup camera it's a bit painful (RC350). If anyone has any contacts that I can reach Reyn for potentially replacing the harness, I would really appreciate it!
For the backup camera, did you go into advanced settings and change the camera mode? The default settings were wrong for me, but I fixed it in advanced settings.

The passcode to get into advanced settings is 8868123

Sorry, I don't have my car with me at the moment to guide you through exactly which settings to go to, but if I recall it was fairly intuitive once I entered the code. This is assuming you have the OEM backup camera and not an aftermarket version.

EDIT: and Reyn is the only person there who I have had successful contact with (via e-mail and not whatsapp), but he was very helpful in dialing in settings after install.

Last edited by kevlar51; 07-26-22 at 08:13 AM. Reason: contact discussion
Old 07-26-22, 02:48 PM
carbon1903
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the advice! I'm aware of the advanced setting change but that didn't work.
Did your come in 2 pieces or intergrated? I probably will end up returning it if possible and buy direct from binarytek.
Old 07-26-22, 02:57 PM
kevlar51
7th Gear

Thank you for the advice! I'm aware of the advanced setting change but that didn't work.
Did your come in 2 pieces or intergrated? I probably will end up returning it if possible and buy direct from binarytek.
my unit was one piece
Old 07-26-22, 03:12 PM
A1doz
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting that it comes in one piece now. I had intentions to buy one but will hold off for sure now especially with the delayed customer support I've been hearing about.
Old 08-01-22, 12:36 PM
kevlar51
7th Gear

Originally Posted by A1doz
interesting that it comes in one piece now. I had intentions to buy one but will hold off for sure now especially with the delayed customer support I've been hearing about.
Have you tried e-mailing Reyn at sale02@binarytek.cn
Old 09-03-22, 06:59 PM
kevlar51
7th Gear

can you check that you’re hooked up like in this pic?

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models