CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-22, 09:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Hi Dojoman. Nice to see you here. Always helpful with Lexion information.
Hi Jazzrock. Yeah I still come here once a while to read up just for fun and help out when possible.
Old 10-27-22, 04:09 PM
Rabbitz
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
You need to disconnect Lexus Bluetooth and use CarPlay for phone calls. The only caveat is if you’re not in Aux you won’t be able to hear conversation. If you still use BT then when phone call comes in you have to switch audio on iPhone to CarPlay it takes some fumbling while driving.
I have android auto, and I tried following the instructions anyway. Unpaired Bluetooth from Lexus system and paired solely to the Lexion system.

When a call comes in, it doesn't even show up on my phone because of android auto. The only interface to the phone call is on the Lexion system. There are three options on the screen, Bluetooth/speakerphone/handset.

BT mode - I can't hear anything and the other person can't hear me.

Speakerphone - uses the phone speakers instead of the car speakers. Other person cannot hear me.

Handset mode - I have to put the phone on my ear to listen and the other person can hear me through the phone's mic.

Surely there has to be some setting or configuration that solves this.
Old 11-29-22, 06:47 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 121 Posts

I want to buy the Lexion carplay upgrade that most people have bought.

Will that prevent the black screen or navigation restarting issue since it is using another interface?
Old 12-30-22, 02:33 AM
007trains
6th Gear

Is the lexion unit still available?
Their website seems static at the moment
Or is the only way to purchase a unit by directly contacting Reyn?
Old 01-03-23, 10:40 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 007trains
Is the lexion unit still available?
Their website seems static at the moment
Or is the only way to purchase a unit by directly contacting Reyn?
I don't know what you mean static? I would order through the site if you want the unit and possibly the larger screen.
Old 01-06-23, 03:01 AM
007trains
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I don't know what you mean static? I would order through the site if you want the unit and possibly the larger screen.
Yeah I just mean it hasn't updated in a long time.
The specs still list the original two piece units they used to sell instead of the all in one Qualcomm unit they sell now
I've been talking with them due to some potential issues compatibility with my setup, hopefully I'll be able to place my order soon
I'm really just curious how others were buying the units, the conversation in this thread lately feels directed to binarytek not lexionautomotive
Old 01-06-23, 12:12 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 007trains
Yeah I just mean it hasn't updated in a long time.
The specs still list the original two piece units they used to sell instead of the all in one Qualcomm unit they sell now
I've been talking with them due to some potential issues compatibility with my setup, hopefully I'll be able to place my order soon
I'm really just curious how others were buying the units, the conversation in this thread lately feels directed to binarytek not lexionautomotive

I purchased my unit through Reyn - sale02@binarytek.cn

When I paid with PayPal, I actually had my money go to Lexion PayPal though.

My unit was the All In One, and you can see my posts above about it.
Old 01-11-23, 04:47 AM
007trains
6th Gear

Just noticed the lexion website now shows the updated unit details on the home page and the product page (but not the shop page)

I've been emailing kim and he's been pretty helpful,
My car has the factory 10.3" screen so he is suggesting i go with the A10 LXI unit instead (module only)
I don't know if this is the same as the unit listed on the website before or it's if its a newer version
Old 01-12-23, 11:49 PM
GenryJohns
1st Gear

Hi, I realize the question is a little off topic. But I can't find anything like this on other forums. Maybe someone you know has a Mercedes-Benz S-Class (w221). What kind of car radio can be put on it instead of the one the manufacturer installs?
Old 01-13-23, 12:11 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

When I had my CLA, until 2019, I found folks on the Mercedes CLA Forum very helpful, especially JMC. It's worth a try. Best of luck!
Old 01-13-23, 12:47 AM
LJSimons88
5th Gear

Browse reviews for aftermarket car radios. If you don't want to buy an original car stereo, browse the aftermarket. Sometimes the aftermarket is very satisfying. And you can find a quality car stereo for a relatively small price. You are prompted to look on another specialized forum. That would be the best option, I think you'll get a lot of tips there.
P.S.
In the reviews some people recommend this Android radio https://smarty-trend.com/mercedes-be...head-unit.html maybe you will like it.
But its price tag is $800. Consider the cost of installing the car radio too.
Old 02-20-23, 05:45 AM
ipickynose
1st Gear

hi -

let’s be honest. 39 pages of comments makes my brain hurt, i don’t know the correct terminology, and i’ve tried to understand as much as i can before posting this so take it easy on me.

i recently purchased a 2016 RC350 - definitely want to upgrade. not understanding the difference between the lexion and the 4x4? same manufacturer but different specs? I just want carplay. i apparently have like one of the only dang ones that doesnt have the ML sound system so i’m determined to do away with the ugly stock display.

from what i understand, there’s issues with sensors, back up cameras, phone connectivity/phone call mic/siri??? so.. does it even make it worth it? i live my life on back to back phone calls tbh.

i’ll admit im very reserved on doing this myself but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. i emailed reyn but just in the event he doesn’t respond… help??

Last edited by ipickynose; 02-20-23 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-20-23, 06:46 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Originally Posted by ipickynose
hi -

let’s be honest. 39 pages of comments makes my brain hurt, i don’t know the correct terminology, and i’ve tried to understand as much as i can before posting this so take it easy on me.

i recently purchased a 2016 RC350 - definitely want to upgrade. not understanding the difference between the lexion and the 4x4? same manufacturer but different specs? I just want carplay. i apparently have like one of the only dang ones that doesnt have the ML sound system so i’m determined to do away with the ugly stock display.

from what i understand, there’s issues with sensors, back up cameras, phone connectivity/phone call mic/siri??? so.. does it even make it worth it? i live my life on back to back phone calls tbh.

i’ll admit im very reserved on doing this myself but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. i emailed reyn but just in the event he doesn’t respond… help??
I've had the Lexion unit and the larger touchscreen unit (10.25 inches) for three years with no issues.I have a 16 Is 200t. I ordered it from their website, but I know folks have ordered from Reyn more recently.
I really like my stock sound system and I'm picky about sound, as I'm a musician, but everyone should be. I have no issues with back up camera, phone connectivity, calling Siri. I love having CarPlay.
I use Spotify and numerous radio apps. Boots up quickly. No problems. I'm rarely on the Lexus side any longer. I can't tell you about the 4X4 units. Different manufacturer.
https://www.lexionautomotive.com/rc

Last edited by Jazzrock; 02-20-23 at 07:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
swaangin (02-23-23)
Old 03-06-23, 08:08 AM
Sankohuy
2nd gear

Hi. I got everything installed, but I have one issue, there's nowhere to plug in the air bag light sensor, so now I have air bag warning light showing on dashboard. How do I fix this error? Thanks.
Old 03-08-23, 11:55 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Sankohuy
Hi. I got everything installed, but I have one issue, there's nowhere to plug in the air bag light sensor, so now I have air bag warning light showing on dashboard. How do I fix this error? Thanks.

I just left it plugged in and shoved it behind the screen area
The following users liked this post:
Sankohuy (03-08-23)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models