CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-23, 12:36 PM
Sankohuy
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shoodes
I just left it plugged in and shoved it behind the screen area
Hi thanks for the reply. That's the thing, the new screen doesn't have anywhere to plug the airbag cable into. Originaly, it was plugged into the factory screen. It's the black cable that goes into the black port in the back of the factory screen. Where do you plug yours into?
Old 03-09-23, 04:48 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I honestly don't remember exactly. But I know I plugged it into whatever cable it was originally plugged into and just shoved it in the back

I have a 17' ES350, so I'm not sure if it's different for the IS or other models.

Last edited by shoodes; 03-09-23 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-21-23, 06:35 AM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Give a few days they're not scamming people when they say it's shipped it will arrive. I suggest you open Fedex and UPS web access. They have something call advanced tracking management where they will send you email whenever a package is addressed to you. Tha's how I got my Fedex tracking number for mine, but yeah it will be nice to just give you the tracking they have really bad logistic system. Packages are shipped by a third party handler in China.
I know this is an older thread but have the Lexion units been holding up? How about 4x4 units? There is now a few different companies offering the upgraded touchscreen with AA and CarPlay. I have a 2016 RX350 with 8” display so I would love to buy one of these products. I just don’t want to spend $1k to have problems.
Old 03-21-23, 06:49 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470
I know this is an older thread but have the Lexion units been holding up? How about 4x4 units? There is now a few different companies offering the upgraded touchscreen with AA and CarPlay. I have a 2016 RX350 with 8” display so I would love to buy one of these products. I just don’t want to spend $1k to have problems.
I have had mine for 5-6 months now (Binary AIO unit), without any issues other than what I discussed earlier in the thread. I've had 1-2 hiccups where the unit wouldn't boot, but all it took was turning off the car and turning it back on. (Which is really good. I have a GV70 that has issues all the time with the OEM unit). Other than that, the only thing I really wish was that the screen brightness was a bit higher, it's the same as OEM but when it's super bright outside, it's kind of hard to see it.

There's plenty of options similar to the Beatsonic and Grom units that offer AA/CP access with the OEM screen, I know you can find plenty of them on AliExpress if you aren't looking for a screen replacement. But if you want a new unit with touchscreen + bigger display, I think the Binary/Lexion unit is the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
ROSCOGX470 (03-21-23)
Old 03-21-23, 06:56 AM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

I have had mine for 5-6 months now (Binary AIO unit), without any issues other than what I discussed earlier in the thread. I've had 1-2 hiccups where the unit wouldn't boot, but all it took was turning off the car and turning it back on. (Which is really good. I have a GV70 that has issues all the time with the OEM unit). Other than that, the only thing I really wish was that the screen brightness was a bit higher, it's the same as OEM but when it's super bright outside, it's kind of hard to see it.

There's plenty of options similar to the Beatsonic and Grom units that offer AA/CP access with the OEM screen, I know you can find plenty of them on AliExpress if you aren't looking for a screen replacement. But if you want a new unit with touchscreen + bigger display, I think the Binary/Lexion unit is the way to go.
Thank you for the quick reply. I def want the touchscreen and bigger display if I’m buying anything. I got offered a 12” display unit from a vendor DvdGpsNav.com for $599 delivered but had awful reviews. It’s probably better to spend the extra for better quality. Thanks again
Old 04-01-23, 09:06 PM
Mitch1979
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been through this whole thread.

With the newer single-module Lexion unit, according to @Rabbitz and @shoodes incoming phone calls are quirky (post #568), but I don't understand the details.

For me, having access to phone calls and navigation through Android Auto is the most important feature set that needs to work seamlessly.
Is this broken? Or is there an acceptable configuration where this works reliably without having to fiddle around with modes and input settings while driving?
shoodes (04-01-23)
Old 04-01-23, 09:20 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mitch1979
I've been through this whole thread.

With the newer single-module Lexion unit, according to @Rabbitz and @shoodes incoming phone calls are quirky (post #568), but I don't understand the details.

For me, having access to phone calls and navigation through Android Auto is the most important feature set that needs to work seamlessly.
Is this broken? Or is there an acceptable configuration where this works reliably without having to fiddle around with modes and input settings while driving?
Here is exactly what I do whenever I need to call someone (While in the car)
I swap to the OEM system, go to Phone, then call them (usually just my recents). This will push the call through the car system. You can't do it through the AA Phone app.

If I get a call from ANYONE while I'm driving with AA/CP connected, the call will cease to exist and won't go through. As soon as I pickup, it will end the call. I have not found any fixes for this at all. (This is definitely the most annoying one. I have to call them back using the method above)

If I am currently on a phone call and then go to my car and turn it on, once the bluetooth connects it goes through the car. After the AA/CP connects, I have to go back to the OEM system and go to "Phone" then change the "Handset mode" Button until I hear them through the car.

This is the most glaring issue I have with the unit. I'm not sure if other units / devices from other manufacturers have this issue. Other than this, I am loving it and use AA/CP every time.
Old 04-01-23, 09:35 PM
Mitch1979
Driver School Candidate

If I get a call from ANYONE while I'm driving with AA/CP connected, the call will cease to exist and won't go through. As soon as I pickup, it will end the call.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's a pretty big problem for me... I need to be able to answer calls while navigation is running.

Anybody have a different experience with their (single module) Lexion setup?
Old 04-03-23, 07:45 PM
Rabbitz
10th Gear

Been a while since I checked this thread.

I have found a workaround for the glitchy incoming phone calls. The trick is to simultaneously connect to OEM Lexus Bluetooth and the Lexion Unit. Let the lexion unit Android auto boot. Disconnect Bluetooth from lexion unit. Wifi somehow keeps it connected and the whole thing works like a charm. It's still a pain to manually disconnect BT each time.

I reached out to Lexion and they recommend using wifi direct instead of Bluetooth. Didn't get any more information from them. Wifi direct didn't work for me. Maybe others have better luck?
Old 04-03-23, 08:23 PM
Mitch1979
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rabbitz
I have found a workaround for the glitchy incoming phone calls. The trick is to simultaneously connect to OEM Lexus Bluetooth and the Lexion Unit. Let the lexion unit Android auto boot. Disconnect Bluetooth from lexion unit. Wifi somehow keeps it connected and the whole thing works like a charm.
Interesting... have you tried connecting to OEM Lexus via bluetooth and Lexion Android via wired USB cable?

[Edit: oops... I think that's exactly the connection you've described but you disconnect the bluetooth after it's auto-connected to the Lexion, leaving the wired USB connection only]

Last edited by Mitch1979; 04-03-23 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-04-23, 09:20 AM
Rabbitz
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Mitch1979
Interesting... have you tried connecting to OEM Lexus via bluetooth and Lexion Android via wired USB cable?

[Edit: oops... I think that's exactly the connection you've described but you disconnect the bluetooth after it's auto-connected to the Lexion, leaving the wired USB connection only]
No I have not connected the USB to either OEM or Lexion. Once I disconnect Bluetooth, the wireless Android auto stays connected to the Lexion unit using WiFi
Old 04-08-23, 12:34 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Rabbitz
No I have not connected the USB to either OEM or Lexion. Once I disconnect Bluetooth, the wireless Android auto stays connected to the Lexion unit using WiFi
Rejoice!!! I have found the workaround thanks to your info!!

I have a S23 Ultra, but this should work on any Samsung device that can run Bixby Routines. I'm not sure if you will be able to on other Android Devices, but there should be ways to have this tasked or automated (maybe with Tasker?)

On Bixby Routines, set a routine where when the Units Bluetooth connects, have it wait a minute before performing the next action and then have it disconnect from the Bluetooth device. Now everything works as intended and I can pickup my calls as usual! This works because wireless AA functions through a wifi hotspot and all the data is sent through wifi. I think it just uses Bluetooth to pair and do a handshake.

Still a workaround, but now I don't have to manually disconnect anything.
Rabbitz (04-08-23)
Old 04-08-23, 08:45 PM
Mitch1979
Driver School Candidate

Thank you both @Rabbitz and @shoodes , I think I'll go ahead and give this unit a try.
Interestingly I've found other problems scattered around the internet of people having trouble answering calls in android auto. Seems this might be somewhat root-caused to Google, so there is a chance that a future Android Auto update could result in a better fix.
Old 04-08-23, 08:59 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

I think it has something to do with keeping the OEM system intact, and that there's multiple connections needed and it just gets confused on what will work.

The workaround that Rabbitz had works. I attached a screenshot of how I automated the process so I don't have to manually disconnect it every time. This can be done through Bixby Routines or maybe Tasker if you aren't on a Samsung device.
Old 04-08-23, 10:00 PM
Mitch1979
Driver School Candidate

I think it has something to do with keeping the OEM system intact, and that there's multiple connections needed and it just gets confused on what will work.
One other configuration thought: on your Samsung did you also try going into Bluetooth settings for the BNR-3E2E51 device to disable "calls" but enable "audio"? And similarly (but reversed) on the "Lexis IS" Bluetooth device enable "calls" but disable "audio"?
Simultaneous Bluetooth connection to both the Lexion and Lexus might work ok if your Samsung knows which of those two devices to route calls through.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models