CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-23, 12:52 PM
Heeeeeynow
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Lexion still in business? I've emailed them a few times in the past few weeks and keep getting this error message:

The response from the remote server was:554 5.7.1 <sales@lexionautomotive.com>: Recipient address rejected: user sales@lexionautomotive.com does not exist
Old 12-31-23, 06:56 PM
007trains
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Heeeeeynow
Is Lexion still in business? I've emailed them a few times in the past few weeks and keep getting this error message:
Try contacting them via the chat button on their website
I messaged them last week and they responded within an hour

Old 12-31-23, 07:03 PM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 007trains
Try contacting them via the chat button on their website
I messaged them last week and they responded within an hour
Do you mind me asking which contact you used? Ive tried using their contact email which bounced back saying that there is no such email, I tried Whatsapp messaging them, no one responded, and I also tried facebook messaging, with also no respond. And this is within a span of 2 years of constantly emailing them and messaging them. I was one of their early adaptors that bought one of their head units of my NX. Im starting to think that they blacklisted me or something. You paid for the product, you expect some level of customer support, but for 2 years? That is unacceptable, and you got a response that fast? I have no words...
Old 12-31-23, 07:08 PM
007trains
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LHLXD
Do you mind me asking which contact you used? Ive tried using their contact email which bounced back saying that there is no such email, I tried Whatsapp messaging them, no one responded, and I also tried facebook messaging, with also no respond. And this is within a span of 2 years of constantly emailing them and messaging them. I was one of their early adaptors that bought one of their head units of my NX. Im starting to think that they blacklisted me or something. You paid for the product, you expect some level of customer support, but for 2 years? That is unacceptable, and you got a response that fast? I have no words...
I went to their website https://lexionautomotive.com/ and on the bottom right of the screen hit the black chat button
Old 12-31-23, 07:31 PM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 007trains
I went to their website https://lexionautomotive.com/ and on the bottom right of the screen hit the black chat button
Yeah, I noticed. Thanks. already sent them a message.
Old 01-01-24, 03:55 PM
Heeeeeynow
4th Gear

Thanks, I just sent a message on their web chat.
Old 02-09-24, 09:51 AM
camry200k
3rd Gear

Question

Hello,
I am new to the forums and considering a used ES 350 gen6 (2016-19) or GS350 (2015-19) or Rx350 (2016-19). I tried to review this long thread...

Those who have installed this aftermarket infotainment lexion (or binarytek?) :
1. how has the unit held up if you have had it past 2-3 years? esp. after many cycles of heat and cold weather in a car.
2. how are the updates?
3. Does all OEM funcationaly contine to work?
4. any complaints in long-term ownership and use?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-24, 11:21 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 158 Posts

I have had the Lexion units ( there were two when I got them) for over two years without issue. I had them professionally installed. I have not done any updates. The 12 inch touchscreen is excellent. Siri works well with CarPlay. I use Spotify, radio station apps and Google Maps.
Old 03-09-24, 09:00 AM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’ve read some (probably not Lexinon) 10.25” units have overheating issues.
Lexinon is not offering 10.25” unit for ES350 2016 anymore so I found this on Baba:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOvMceW

It says Qualcom 655 and operating temp -20 to 70 Celsius.
I wondered if this is the same op temp as what Lexicon was having? In other words not sure whether advertised range is there as a warning or a feature of this device.
Old 03-18-24, 07:04 PM
thegap77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I have had the Lexion units ( there were two when I got them) for over two years without issue. I had them professionally installed. I have not done any updates. The 12 inch touchscreen is excellent. Siri works well with CarPlay. I use Spotify, radio station apps and Google Maps.
‘Which unit did you buy and how much was the install?
Old 03-19-24, 01:26 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

The unit for my 2016 200t. Install was about $300 as I recall.
Old 03-21-24, 10:41 AM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed the unit yesterday, but have not routed USB cable anywhere.

For those who did it, could you share where you routed the USB ports to, center console or somewhere else?

EDIT: Never mind, these guys I bought it from are top notch. First they provided custom update file and when I explained them I didn’t expose USB they created custom OTA for me to get what I want.

If anyone is interested this was the store:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqLuyzo

I bought E type 256G, paid $560, but now it goes for $480. I have not found a thing I cannot do with it. There’s even a night and daytime brightness setting, but not sure yet whether it uses the sensor or it is time based. Any idea how to test this?
Also, I can connect Bluetooth to both OEM and Android, and choose on the phone to use OEM. This way I use Car’s mic and speakers but Android for visuals. I am still excited how well this works. Honestly I didn’t believe an aftermarket unit can be that good.

EDIT2: Auto dimming of the screen also works.

Last edited by mirekti; 03-22-24 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-21-24, 08:18 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I just routed the USB ports under the glovebox. If you shine a flashlight upwards from the driverside footwell, you can see a little gap where the USB Ports can be dropped down.. I have them under the floor mat if I ever need them, but I haven't made use of them at all.

Edit: I just realized my post said Drivers-side. I meant passenger side.

Last edited by shoodes; 03-22-24 at 06:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mirekti (03-21-24)
Old 03-24-24, 11:12 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,365 Likes on 1,081 Posts

I read that the Lexion screen was much shaper, and clearer than the factory screen. But some complained that there was a glare problem making it hard to see in daylight some times. Anyone see this problem that has the Lexion screen?
Old 03-25-24, 12:42 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I've had Lexion in my car for three years, including the larger screen, without issue.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models