CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-20, 12:36 AM
Elara
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you guys ordering from? Directly from the lexion website or through WhatsApp? I tried messaging both numbers posted on the initial post but haven’t gotten a reply
Old 10-05-20, 03:40 AM
celsior11
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a couple of weeks ago, the number in this thread didn't reply the one on the website did eventually, have been asking for a tracking number for a few days but no joy yet ?
Old 10-05-20, 12:23 PM
slodave
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to talk to "Eric" via WhatsApp back on Sep 24. He quoted my price of $849 shipped, talked about install etc.etc. Couple days later I asked for links to install docs and have not heard back.
I want to order but not sure he is ready for prime time
Old 10-05-20, 08:37 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by slodave
I was able to talk to "Eric" via WhatsApp back on Sep 24. He quoted my price of $849 shipped, talked about install etc.etc. Couple days later I asked for links to install docs and have not heard back.
I want to order but not sure he is ready for prime time
Are you looking for info for how to take apart the trims or how to connect the cables from Lexion unit? There are lots of YouTube videos how to take off the trims. Search the forum or just go straight to Beatsonic YouTube channel. Connecting the Lexion unit to Lexus radio should be self explanatory since you really cannot plug it wrong way.
Old 10-06-20, 08:27 AM
slodave
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Are you looking for info for how to take apart the trims or how to connect the cables from Lexion unit? There are lots of YouTube videos how to take off the trims. Search the forum or just go straight to Beatsonic YouTube channel. Connecting the Lexion unit to Lexus radio should be self explanatory since you really cannot plug it wrong way.
No I've seen the YouTube videos so I'm good with the interior trims.. I just wanted to see the documentation that they include with the purchase.
Old 10-06-20, 07:04 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slodave
No I've seen the YouTube videos so I'm good with the interior trims.. I just wanted to see the documentation that they include with the purchase.
I'd like to see an installation manual too since mine didn't come with one.

The generic pic of the connections at the start of the thread will probably suffice although there are quite a few additional plugs etc which may not be required but must be there for some reason.

Also there are 4 screws I'm assuming to mount the interface although it's not clear where that should go. I could jam it in behind the console although that's not really the Lexus way.

I also messaged Eric on the weekend with no response so far, will try again now.
Old 10-06-20, 07:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fooz
I'd like to see an installation manual too since mine didn't come with one.

The generic pic of the connections at the start of the thread will probably suffice although there are quite a few additional plugs etc which may not be required but must be there for some reason.

Also there are 4 screws I'm assuming to mount the interface although it's not clear where that should go. I could jam it in behind the console although that's not really the Lexus way.

I also messaged Eric on the weekend with no response so far, will try again now.
Would you mind posting pics of cables came with the box and back of screen? Although I don’t have this unit I have installed many similar units in my car I only ended up keeping 4x4 unit.
Old 10-06-20, 11:37 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Would you mind posting pics of cables came with the box and back of screen? Although I don’t have this unit I have installed many similar units in my car I only ended up keeping 4x4 unit.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fooz:
dojoman (10-07-20), Jazzrock (05-01-21)
Old 10-07-20, 08:21 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Thanks @Fooz Looks very similar to my 4x4 unit you should probably ignore other plugs and wires. All these units from China come with other add on function like 360 camera but I couldn’t find anyone selling. You can see there’s a wire call 360 and some RCA cable input for camera.
Old 10-07-20, 02:56 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Ah ok that makes sense. I might throw it in then & try to find this spot behind the glove box that was mentioned above for mounting the interface & see if it all works before putting it all back together. I've started unclipping trims etc to the point that the car was still drivable until I received more information.
Old 10-07-20, 03:01 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Ah ok that makes sense. I might throw it in then & try to find this spot behind the glove box that was mentioned above for mounting the interface & see if it all works before putting it all back together. I've started unclipping trims etc to the point that the car was still drivable until I received more information.
I've taken apart the trims probably close to 10 times let me know if you have questions. In my experience it's best to put the external decoder box behind glove box. There's no room at all behind Lexus radio and it's better anyway to take out glove box to route wire from radio up to the screen.
Old 10-07-20, 03:39 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

I've taken apart the trims probably close to 10 times let me know if you have questions. In my experience it's best to put the external decoder box behind glove box. There's no room at all behind Lexus radio and it's better anyway to take out glove box to route wire from radio up to the screen.
Ok thanks for the tip. I have to run the GPS antenna & Mic up to the top anyway so glove box out sounds like the way to go.
Old 10-07-20, 03:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Ok thanks for the tip. I have to run the GPS antenna & Mic up to the top anyway so glove box out sounds like the way to go.
GPS antenna is only used for map app in Android system so if you only plan to use only Carplay you don't really need it. I chose to not hook it up it looks cleaner, you would also need to tether data to Andoid system if you plan to use maps in Android. In Carplay everything comes through your phone.
Old 10-07-20, 03:49 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

GPS antenna is only used for map app in Android system so if you only plan to use only Carplay you don't really need it. I chose to not hook it up it looks cleaner, you would also need to tether data to Andoid system if you plan to use maps in Android. In Carplay everything comes through your phone.
Ok. Only using Carplay so I'll take your advice. This is where proper installation instructions would be nice.
Old 10-07-20, 03:53 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Ok. Only using Carplay so I'll take your advice. This is where proper installation instructions would be nice.
Unfortunately, I had to learn to fiddle with these systems in trial and error but Lexion unit would be much better in terms of usability my 4x4 unit is very buggy sometimes.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models