CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-13, 07:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by JKweezy
Props to figs on promptness and finally finding a solution for this long term problem. Ordered sunday night, got tracking number monday afternoon. I have the bracket out and OMW to a friend's house with a shop press.

Install is pretty easy. You just definitely need access to a shop press as suggested. If u can change your own oil you can probably do this too... FYI on bolt sizes 14 (2 bolts), 17 (1 bolt), and 22 (2 bolts) mm bolts are needed to be removed. And a tip on "deflecting" the suspension in order to slide out the bushing/bracket - I used my stock lug nut remover handle to "deflect" the LCA down by placing the handle on top of the LCA between the body/frame and pushed up through the wheel well to act as a lever to push the LCA down to get enough clearance to push the bushing/bracket out... took me a while to figure this out...

Can't wait to put everything back together with the new bushings...
If you're prying on something, you're making a mistake. You should loosen all the suspension bolts, set the corner at normal ride height, then tighten everything to spec. If you are not doing this, you'll be killing those new bushings just sitting still.

This topic is covered here for the 2IS.
Old 11-18-13, 11:07 PM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Uggh... just following figs' directions...

"Remove rear bushing bracket, this may require deflection of the front arm bushing. If too difficult you will need to remove the entire arm, sway bar and shock absorber. Contact FIGS is this is the case."

I just had to deflect it a little for the bracket to clear the frame and it went back comfortably where it needed to go... it wasn't difficult to do so I decided I didn't need to remove the entire corner... if removing the whole corner suspension is the proper way, then the deflecting part needs to be taken out of the instructions... or maybe I am misunderstanding what figs meant by deflection... if figs could chime in that would be great...
Old 11-19-13, 08:17 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Lance, this is to get the rear extrusion free and does not impact bushing preload. Front bushing bolts should be loosened and reloaded after install at static to avoid static tension.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-19-13, 10:20 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by FIGS
Lance, this is to get the rear extrusion free and does not impact bushing preload. Front bushing bolts should be loosened and reloaded after install at static to avoid static tension.
Understood, but if you loosen everything you need to loosen to set static position when you start, the whole prying exercise is either eliminated or minimized. You're just going to loosen it all anyway...I really do laugh at all the guys installing aftermarket shocks and telling about having a long bar and a big friend standing on the bar to get the old shock out and the new one. If they were doing the job right, it would be much, much easier.

Agreed, I wouldn't choose to remove the LCA either - that's way more work than I'd want to do for a bushing swap.
Old 11-19-13, 07:10 PM
H60Driver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is there anyone on here that has had these long term (15-20K miles). Im looking for a long term review on the tire wear problem. I am a new owner of an 08 ISF and my inner passenger tire is smoked. I don't want to buy new tires until i get a solid solution. I am also going to be lowering it on swift springs and my initial thought was to get the SPC ball joints but this seems to be targeting the problem more directly. Thanks
Old 11-19-13, 10:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

What makes you think the SPC balljoints will make anything wear related better?

You'd be wise to read this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...alignment.html first.
Old 11-19-13, 11:20 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
What makes you think the SPC balljoints will make anything wear related better?

You'd be wise to read this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...alignment.html first.
Most likely because of the "inner wear" we get which would lead most to believe it would be camber related although all signs from FIGs testing that it is a bushing related issue.
Old 11-19-13, 11:22 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

does this help if ur car is lowered alot?
Old 11-20-13, 07:55 AM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by H60Driver
So is there anyone on here that has had these long term (15-20K miles). Im looking for a long term review on the tire wear problem. I am a new owner of an 08 ISF and my inner passenger tire is smoked. I don't want to buy new tires until i get a solid solution.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=667583

ChickenIS has reported putting 19k+ miles with even wear... I believe it...

steering feels more precise and the heavy feeling when braking is gone... i used to hear a scrubbing sound (couple of other reports on the forum of this) when the steering wheel was fully turned but not anymore (i do a lot of backing in the driveway)... I can feel the road through the steering wheel but it's not bothersome... these are first impressions as I have only put about 50 miles with them on...

But lowering is a different/additional story of tire wear as figs offers UCA camber bushings and his infamous MEGA Arms for the rear
Old 11-20-13, 10:03 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by JKweezy
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=667583

ChickenIS has reported putting 19k+ miles with even wear... I believe it...

steering feels more precise and the heavy feeling when braking is gone... i used to hear a scrubbing sound (couple of other reports on the forum of this) when the steering wheel was fully turned but not anymore (i do a lot of backing in the driveway)... I can feel the road through the steering wheel but it's not bothersome... these are first impressions as I have only put about 50 miles with them on...

But lowering is a different/additional story of tire wear as figs offers UCA camber bushings and his infamous MEGA Arms for the rear
I was actually wondering about this earlier - the suspension loads up and releases under high turn angles at low speed. It occurred to me this could be the bushing loading up and suddenly releasing causing the parking lot noise we've all heard and wondered about. If this makes it go away, I need to quit slacking and get these things installed. It's an unnerving feeling when the chassis stutters while negotiating a tight turn into a parking spot.

Also, I'll be updating the reconsidering thread. My front tires have finally shown near even wear across the tread with the last alignment I got, and they're NOT showing any cord with very little legal tread left in the middle.
Old 11-21-13, 12:46 AM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

I was actually wondering about this earlier - the suspension loads up and releases under high turn angles at low speed. It occurred to me this could be the bushing loading up and suddenly releasing causing the parking lot noise we've all heard and wondered about. If this makes it go away, I need to quit slacking and get these things installed. It's an unnerving feeling when the chassis stutters while negotiating a tight turn into a parking spot.

Also, I'll be updating the reconsidering thread. My front tires have finally shown near even wear across the tread with the last alignment I got, and they're NOT showing any cord with very little legal tread left in the middle.
well I would wait for further confirmed reports about the scrubbing noise... I also put on new tires right after installing the bushing so that may have factored in me not hearing the scrubbing noise now... I didn't figure to test it out before changing the tires...

Wow your tires wore out evenly? My toe is usually set around zero but for some reason was always changing when I get my alignment done every 5k miles or so (lifetime alignment w/ firestone) so I still had faster inner wear... I was tired of it so I got the bushings and am hoping it's the answer in my case...
Old 11-22-13, 07:33 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having trouble finding a shop that can install this near me. I'd like to secure a shop before I purchase the bushings. I've emailed a few shops and they either do not respond or the estimated cost is too high. Can someone recommend a shop located near NJ? Thanks!
Old 11-25-13, 03:22 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zojirushi
I'm having trouble finding a shop that can install this near me. I'd like to secure a shop before I purchase the bushings. I've emailed a few shops and they either do not respond or the estimated cost is too high. Can someone recommend a shop located near NJ? Thanks!
^^
Hey Figs, would you be interested in starting a core/replacement type program? ie, we buy the brackets with the new bushings installed, and you refund a core charge when we return a good set of brackets?

Just an idea
Old 11-25-13, 03:29 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an FYI this bushing helps the parking lot turn noise but does not completely eliminate it if you have wider wheels. With my wheels, i've pushed out the fender liner as much as I can and the wheel still rubs it on low speed turns.
Old 11-25-13, 05:38 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

What parking lot noise? I've had this on for about 4 months 3000 miles and it's holding up nicely.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.