CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-15, 06:20 PM
Enough
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Are you guys sure you really need alignment after this mod?
The Figs bushings are really a great product that firms up the steering and eliminates the trammeling of front wheels (following road swails). I have my own set of alignment plates (Joe's Racing Products from Summit $58) and had set my toe at zero with my stock OEM bushings. After installing the Figs bushings and driving around a bit, I re-measured my toe and found it toed in 2 mm with the Figs poly bushings. I dialed it back to zero and it has remained at zero for two weeks of driving.
Old 04-16-15, 06:58 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered a set of these with the oem brackets! Can't wait to have them put on. Got new front tires last month that was showing the inside cords.
Old 04-16-15, 06:36 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
I just ordered a set of these with the oem brackets! Can't wait to have them put on. Got new front tires last month that was showing the inside cords.
I ordered a pair too...
Old 04-20-15, 05:28 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Are you guys sure you really need alignment after this mod?
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Yes. Any difference between the original bushing and the replacement will impact toe. There is no way they are truly identical, and even a small difference means a lot because of the bushing's location relative to the steering rack.
This is the biggest reason I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on this.

If I have to do an alignment after installation of these bushes then I don't have anyone in the city who can actually do a proper alignment. Its all done manually and by hand and sight which won't give me confidence.

I've already done a toe adjustment when I installed my PPE headers to bring the steering back on track. Now if I have to do a further adjustment however small it may be I will never really know how my wheels are aligned or if they're aligned correctly
Old 05-06-15, 06:16 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Had the bushings/brackets installed yesterday from an independent Japanese Auto mechanic I've been using for years for most of my other cars. He charged me $96 to install them and said it was an easy install. I got two other quotes for installation before going to him. One independent Lexus Service shop wanted about $475 to install. One Lexus dealership wanted nearly $800 to do the job! Crazy.

Next is a good alignment!
Old 05-06-15, 07:30 AM
Defratos
Racer

^ Do you feel any difference when you drove the car? and do you noticeably realize/feel that you need an alignment?
Old 05-06-15, 07:52 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Defratos
^ Do you feel any difference when you drove the car? and do you noticeably realize/feel that you need an alignment?
Maybe it's just in my mind but it does feel more direct in steering and less wooble when braking. Don't know if I actually need an alignment but that seems to be the recommendation after having these installed.
Old 05-06-15, 09:11 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Had the bushings/brackets installed yesterday from an independent Japanese Auto mechanic I've been using for years for most of my other cars. He charged me $96 to install them and said it was an easy install. I got two other quotes for installation before going to him. One independent Lexus Service shop wanted about $475 to install. One Lexus dealership wanted nearly $800 to do the job! Crazy.

Next is a good alignment!
Any difference in ride quality?
Old 05-06-15, 09:19 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rossi
Any difference in ride quality?
None that I can feel after one day and about 40 miles.
Old 05-06-15, 10:17 AM
Rossi
Racer

I just went to see for fun the conditions of my front tires.......shocked to see the inner wear.
I just placed the order for my set of bushings.
Old 05-06-15, 10:37 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

I just went to see for fun the conditions of my front tires.......shocked to see the inner wear.
I ordered mine after replacing the front tires and seeing the cords! The rest of the tire wasn't bad.
Old 05-06-15, 04:25 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

bought the #2 LCA bushing (90) a few months ago put 4k miles on the car since then and have yet to see any uneven tire wear in the front. Install was pretty easy also I did it on my back in my garage took about 45 mins.
Old 05-06-15, 05:51 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Had these installed last week. Shop was going to charge me $350 for the install and alignment but ended up charging $250 since they had to keep the car overnight. I'm not sure if I notice any difference in the way the car drives. Can't say much on tire wear as I've only put 2000 miles on the car since I got it and probably 100 miles with the bushings. I'll check my tire wear in a few months and see how it is.
Old 05-07-15, 01:22 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
bought the #2 LCA bushing (90) a few months ago put 4k miles on the car since then and have yet to see any uneven tire wear in the front. Install was pretty easy also I did it on my back in my garage took about 45 mins.
Did you do an alignment after your installation of the LCA bushing?
Old 05-14-15, 02:29 PM
Rossi
Racer

I had my bushings installed today. Took about 35 minutes, my shop charged me $30 for each side:-)
As it is raining, I did not get to push the car, but my biggest concern was the ride quality and I am happy to report absolutely no difference after the install!

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.