CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 08:00 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarbonISF
That is a nice looking electric pencil sharpener?
^lol.. no... these slide over your jacking point underneath your car. I could of used these when i first own my car because now it’s all flat.. maybe I can pull it back out and start using these new jackjaw..? I too is still waiting for the LCA bushing.
Old 03-13-13, 08:31 AM
CarbonISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe, I couldn't resist. Nice product Fig, I'll certainly throw them in when I decide what coilovers to order.

BTW, nice product description.

"The resulting product was created after extensive testing and long term abuse at the track and on the lift. We feel it’s a simple elegant solution to get you jacking with confidence again."

lol, excellent. I can't wait to finally be jacking with confidence.
Old 03-17-13, 10:36 AM
LexF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonISF
Hehe, I couldn't resist. Nice product Fig, I'll certainly throw them in when I decide what coilovers to order.

BTW, nice product description.

"The resulting product was created after extensive testing and long term abuse at the track and on the lift. We feel it’s a simple elegant solution to get you jacking with confidence again."

lol, excellent. I can't wait to finally be jacking with confidence.
Yes I don't like to "jack it" unless I'm feeling confident. My wife only jacks it when feeling confident about jacking as well.
Old 04-05-13, 12:44 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

so will this bushing be beneficial for 2012 owners

it says the 2012 got stiffer bushing not sure where according to car and driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ad-test-review
Old 04-05-13, 09:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

This bushing did not change. The magazines very often get this kind of information wrong. The easy way to find out is to check the part number and see if it changed. If it didn't (most often the case), then the magazines are reporting something that doesn't exist in real life.

The part number for all model years is 48076-30020. So C&D is wrong if they're saying this bushing changed.
Old 04-06-13, 07:02 AM
Jowett
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Many refer to these as "compliance bushings". Most vehicles have them in some form, we've dealt with them in various ways over the years. As far as I'm concerned, their main purpose, as the TIS document shows, is too create understeer during braking.... this creates a nice safe for the public handling condition when things get hairy. Not everyone that hops in a vehicle should, never mind one with 400+ hp and rwd. Great idea to stiffen this up... for those that know how to deal with less understeer as a positive attribute.
Old 04-06-13, 08:21 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Jowett
Many refer to these as "compliance bushings". Most vehicles have them in some form, we've dealt with them in various ways over the years. As far as I'm concerned, their main purpose, as the TIS document shows, is too create understeer during braking.... this creates a nice safe for the public handling condition when things get hairy. Not everyone that hops in a vehicle should, never mind one with 400+ hp and rwd. Great idea to stiffen this up... for those that know how to deal with less understeer as a positive attribute.
Jowett,
These bushings do not eliminate compliance, they simply reduce it to be in proper range for the higher braking force of the IS-F. All ISx50 vehicle share the same bushing yet the braking power on the F is significantly greater.
I read the TIS documentation on the design of the bushing but it does not make any sense.. Toe-out during braking is not a convergent state but actually reduces control, especially if the rear is unloading and going toe out.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-06-13, 03:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Jowett,
These bushings do not eliminate compliance, they simply reduce it to be in proper range for the higher braking force of the IS-F. All ISx50 vehicle share the same bushing yet the braking power on the F is significantly greater.
I read the TIS documentation on the design of the bushing but it does not make any sense.. Toe-out during braking is not a convergent state but actually reduces control, especially if the rear is unloading and going toe out.
There is one benefit - on track, the toe out under braking helps turn the car if you trail brake. The F really likes trail braking with these bushings, but I don't think its enough of an advantage to tolerate the rest of the issues we get with the squishy bushings. Lexus really should have addressed this with the F instead of carrying over the same design (but not the same part) from the other 2IS. All the other 2IS and GS since 2005 are using 48076-30040. The F uses 48076-30020, so at least they tried a little bit. Still not enough to get the job done right.
Old 04-07-13, 05:14 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Fig - still no word on when these will be back in stock?
Old 04-07-13, 07:43 PM
FIGS
The Maker

We got a few parts Friday. .. these were not in that lot.
Old 04-09-13, 08:11 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Back in stock as of today.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 04-09-13, 08:35 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fig, any chance you'll make spherical bushings as an option?
Old 04-09-13, 09:45 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FIGS
Back in stock as of today.
.. just placed my order.. with my stance and just recently installed new tires like 2k miles ago, i have crazy inner tire wear. Hope this fix it..
Old 04-09-13, 10:02 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Fig, any chance you'll make spherical bushings as an option?
yes I need to get on it.
Old 04-10-13, 12:21 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

I just wanted to say that I've had these installed on my 07 IS350 for about four months and 4K miles, and the bushings combined with my toe adjustment so far seem to have completely fixed my uneven tire wear issue. HOORAY!!!

*knocks on wood*

That alone makes them totally worth the purchase with how long I plan to keep my car. They will pay for themselves within about two years just with that benefit, let alone other potential handling and feedback improvements. I can't speak to those changes since I haven't noticed much. My car performed beautifully at the track with the FIGS bushings, but I don't have a point of reference at the track from before they were installed.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 04-10-13 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.