CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 06:07 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=197
Old 07-04-13, 03:02 PM
AZVern
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had these installed at the dealership during some other minor service. $260 total. Service advisor commented on the quality of the part. Changed the front tires at the same time which were destroyed on the inside edge. Along with toe closer to zero, we'll see how they wear.
Old 07-05-13, 08:55 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Was this part in anyway upgraded for the 2013 ISF's?

Just wondering if it's applicable to my car
Old 07-06-13, 01:11 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

From what I have seen there has only been one series upgrade on this part number as Lobux had mentioned. So this is still applicable to the 2013 as far as I know.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 08-30-13, 09:25 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will definitely be purchasing these now that I am lowered. Might be a dumb question but will I be able to get the bushing in/out by myself with regular tools? I don't have a 10-Ton C-press lol.
Old 08-30-13, 09:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,015 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Will definitely be purchasing these now that I am lowered. Might be a dumb question but will I be able to get the bushing in/out by myself with regular tools? I don't have a 10-Ton C-press lol.
No. A press is mandatory. I tried getting the old bushings out using the oven, but they're pressed in very tightly. Even at 300F, the bushings with their steel collars were very tightly held by the aluminum bracket.
Old 08-30-13, 03:02 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Still don't see any evidence or data here to support the value prop. Just a bunch of anecdotes. Sell, sell, sell. See it often on 911 forums too.
Old 08-30-13, 06:59 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone just ban this clown ROK already. Hes such a troll
Old 08-30-13, 10:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,015 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Still don't see any evidence or data here to support the value prop. Just a bunch of anecdotes. Sell, sell, sell. See it often on 911 forums too.
I'd suggest reading the thread from the beginning and reading the "reconsidering the factory alignment" thread. More than one person has complained about inside edge wear in the front, and Lexus has said unequivocally they designed the front end to toe out on braking, so the car was designed to trail brake at the expense of inside edge wear in the front. Those of us who drove home 6 hours from the track with corded tires are not so keen on this.

Sell, sell, sell? I don't think so. I sell for a living. This isn't selling at all.
Old 08-30-13, 10:48 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thx for linkedin.

But Again where is the data that shows this thing makes a diff?

Prove with data. Not anecdotes. That's all u got

Last edited by ROK; 08-30-13 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-31-13, 10:48 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by ROK
Thx for linkedin.

The best data I have is the video. Aside from the fact that the factory bushing can be deflected with a socket extension holding it in your hand and the new version is not able to do so. I am happy to provide any further test data that you would find useful. It is my goal to address issues and provide information that will enable customers to make their own decisions.

Recently I had a customer who has been hitting the track heavily and running aggressive brake pads. He had a severe shudder under braking from 140 down to 80mph and had contacted the brake pad manufacturer. After speaking with him on the phone I suggest this bushing as a potential remedy. On the next track day he reported the issue was gone and he could now apply full braking force without the fear of running off track. Obviously all we have is feedback from numerous customers to supplement our own testing.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting

Last edited by FIGS; 08-31-13 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 10:03 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 82 Posts

I noticed the inside edges of my front tires are wearing as if my car is lowered. I'm assuming this bushing will help the life of my front tires... but I also plan on lowering the car on swift springs. Am I better off waiting and just installing a camber kit in front once the lowering springs are put on?
Old 09-11-13, 04:40 AM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Thx for linkedin.

the video tells u alot more
than data
Old 09-11-13, 07:57 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I noticed the inside edges of my front tires are wearing as if my car is lowered. I'm assuming this bushing will help the life of my front tires... but I also plan on lowering the car on swift springs. Am I better off waiting and just installing a camber kit in front once the lowering springs are put on?
The bushings do not impact static alignment, so they can be installed whenever you like.
Mike
Old 11-17-13, 07:25 AM
JKweezy
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Props to figs on promptness and finally finding a solution for this long term problem. Ordered sunday night, got tracking number monday afternoon. I have the bracket out and OMW to a friend's house with a shop press.

Install is pretty easy. You just definitely need access to a shop press as suggested. If u can change your own oil you can probably do this too... FYI on bolt sizes 14 (2 bolts), 17 (1 bolt), and 22 (2 bolts) mm bolts are needed to be removed. And a tip on "deflecting" the suspension in order to slide out the bushing/bracket - I used my stock lug nut remover handle to "deflect" the LCA down by placing the handle on top of the LCA between the body/frame and pushed up through the wheel well to act as a lever to push the LCA down to get enough clearance to push the bushing/bracket out... took me a while to figure this out...

Can't wait to put everything back together with the new bushings...

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.