CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 12:50 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
In theory if you do the square set up you can induce over steer. My car doesnt have an issue with understeer after I went to the F sport rear bar. It tend to over steer on corner exit. My courses seem a bit tighter than the ones I have seen others on. It would be cool to be able to rotate the tires though.
You can modify your front sway bar for free once you do square setup. If you were to get our Penske setup in the future, I would recommend selling the F sport bar and returning stock bar. On RWD cars you want as small a rear sway bar as possible, and better to tune handling balance with springs, if you have that option.

Rafi
Old 08-13-15, 02:06 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I figure someone is going to ask this eventually, and I want to know this myself too: but what's the main differentiating factor between these vs. the version offered by FIGS? Looks like both models were developed from the 7500 series offered by Penske. Obviously they're designed and spec'ed based on input from the respective developers, but I'm curious about the differentiating characteristics of the components used and the resulting affect on performance.
Old 08-14-15, 03:46 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I see the suspension is listed on the RR website for $3500, reasonable price compared to previous competitor's offer of $4800. I'm sorry, I don't see the $1300 USD/$2000 CAD exchange/tax difference.
Old 08-14-15, 03:57 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by kzlflash
I figure someone is going to ask this eventually, and I want to know this myself too: but what's the main differentiating factor between these vs. the version offered by FIGS? Looks like both models were developed from the 7500 series offered by Penske. Obviously they're designed and spec'ed based on input from the respective developers, but I'm curious about the differentiating characteristics of the components used and the resulting affect on performance.

I totally understand this question and where it is coming from, but I would rather just talk about our product. I am sure that anyone considering this purchase can talk to Mike, and to me, and make an informed decision based on that.

If anyone has a specific question like "why use Hypercoil springs" or "why do you use helper springs vs. tender springs," I would gladly go into that.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 08-14-15, 07:04 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
If you guys are running that much extra grip in front why hasnt anyone gone with the front sikky sway bar. Seems odd.
Sways should be the last thing you change. It's far more important to get the spring rates right and the dampers working correctly with the springs. Sway bars make your independent suspension more like a live axle, so they should be used as sparingly as possible.

Once again, if you know the camber curves and the natural frequency of your set up, you won't need to apply band aids like sway bar adjustments.
Old 08-14-15, 08:00 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sways should be the last thing you change. It's far more important to get the spring rates right and the dampers working correctly with the springs. Sway bars make your independent suspension more like a live axle, so they should be used as sparingly as possible.

Once again, if you know the camber curves and the natural frequency of your set up, you won't need to apply band aids like sway bar adjustments.
It's nice to hear this from you, it's the exact thing Rafi told me over the phone today. This stuff is way over my head.
Old 08-15-15, 10:35 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Totally agree. I did however perform a slight mod to the front bar which works really well with our Penske setup and 16/14 spring combo. Slight increase in front sway bar stiffness improves the balance and turn-in/transition response. I don't like stiffer rear sway bars because they tend to lead to inside wheels lifting and traction loss.

-Rafi

Old 08-15-15, 10:36 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

We just put together a video of our USRS bushing/housing system compared to stock LCA bushings. We think this setup works really well in conjunction with the RRR/Penske coilovers, and we off a discount for USRS + Coilover package.

Old 08-15-15, 07:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree that the sway bar in the rear is not ideal but it works. I had 255/295 combo on my LS460 and had never ever had under steer. I had under steer the first week I had my ISF that frankly scared me. The rear bar was a great choice to immediately dial out the issue, and I didn't have to lower the car or go down that road of inevitable issues and other " bandaids" to correct the issue of height, tire wear,and the long list of stuff you alter with a change in ride height. ( camber, arms, toe links, etc.). Also when you first buy a car like the ISF there are very few who are immediately out to drop 3-5k for suspension mods and do all the other parts needed to correct the affect of the suspension changes so the $170 plus install is ideal for a very easy very quick fix. I agree with what Lobux and Rafi are saying but I still think F sport rear bar works for 99% of owners who are simply driving their F's on the street
Old 08-15-15, 07:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for explaining that.
Old 08-29-15, 04:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on another new project we are working on ..... We will be adding full electronic adjustability to our ISF and soon to be released RCF Penske coilovers.

What does that mean?

(1) Full on-the-fly cabin adjustability of each corner
(2) Allows programing of preset modes, such as "comfort, sport, race" at the press of a button.
(3) Allows GPS based speed sensitive adjustments

Should be awesome, we will update this thread as we get the components machined and tested.

-Rafi

Old 08-29-15, 05:32 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on another new project we are working on ..... We will be adding full electronic adjustability to our ISF and soon to be released RCF Penske coilovers.

What does that mean?

(2) Allows programing of preset modes, such as "comfort, sport, race" at the press of a button.

Should be awesome, we will update this thread as we get the components machined and tested.

-Rafi
That is super convenient (and awesome), especially for the rear. Pulling out the fender liner is a royal PITA! Will they also adjust rebound as well as damping?

Last edited by ZaxF; 08-29-15 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-29-15, 07:11 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi All,

What does that mean?

-Rafi
Wow, now that is something I was looking for. I bet I will cost a small fortune. When is the pricing going to be announced? Nice work
Old 08-29-15, 12:22 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rossi
Wow, now that is something I was looking for. I bet I will cost a small fortune. When is the pricing going to be announced? Nice work

No worries, it will be priced very reasonably. A lot of people were surprised when we priced the coilovers at just $3500, I expect that we will be able to hold the price down to less than $4000 with electronic dampening.

Rafi
Old 08-31-15, 04:25 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZaxF
That is super convenient (and awesome), especially for the rear. Pulling out the fender liner is a royal PITA! Will they also adjust rebound as well as damping?

It will adjust rebound only, compression on the Penske's is adjusted from below. Generally speaking though, once you set the compression correctly, rebound affects ride and handling more than compression.

-Rafi

Quick Reply: New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF