CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-15, 06:04 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts
Default RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Greetings All,

As some of our local customers know, we have been hard at work developing new suspension options for the ISF. We are now in the final production stage of our RR-Racing/Penske coilover setup.

At the onset of this project, our goals were:

(1) Develop the best road and track suspension system for the ISF available anywhere.
(2) Make it *affordable*
(3) Track test it and prove its capability.
(4) Keep an inventory of shocks and springs to meet our customers immediate needs.
(4) Offer our customers optional customizable options with short turnaround time (5-10 days for spring rates and custom valving).
(5) Develop shock valving with a meaningful range of adjustment to suit road and track duties.
(5) Make all components, including shocks, upper mounts, and springs in the USA

We are very proud to say that we have met all of our design goals and are extremely excited to tell you guys about it, answer your questions, and soon offer it for sale. The best way to describe the performance of this setup on an IS-F is "transformational." It literally transforms the handling of the car. Turn-in behavior is instant and ultra precise. At-the-limit handling is balanced and predictable. And on the street, our setup soaks up the big bumps without upsetting the car, and can easily be setup for comfort without bounciness.

Features and Specs:

(1) Penske 7500 series shocks with double independent compression and rebound adjustment. Custom valving options.

(2) Hypercoil main and helper springs with Afco polymer couplers and Eibach isolators on top and bottom perches. Custom spring rates available. These springs are US made, extremely high quality (tested within 2% spring rate), and found in virtually every form of racing, including Indy Car and NASCAR.

(3) Aurora lower spherical bearings for shock mounts. Top plates use a massive 1.5" OD QA1 upper spherical bearing.

(4) Rather than reuse OEM upper mounts, we machined our own upper spherical bearing aluminum top plates, featuring modular & rebuildable design for easy servicing. The other advantage of our upper mounts is that the spring perch is divorced from the spring, which allows completely linear spring motion and significant reduction in bending loads on the shock absorber (vs. KW, Ohlins, and other non-divorced setups).

Now for some pics:

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 08-09-15 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added youtube track test video
Old 08-08-15, 06:17 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope its *affordable* because I want a set more than anything else.
Old 08-08-15, 06:32 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Exited to see more products hit the market. Can't wait to hear more about these.
Old 08-08-15, 06:45 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

One other thing I forgot to mention... we really want to thank the folks at Penske for all their help in making this happen, particularly Steve (tech support) and Aaron (sales). One of the huge advantages we have in servicing our customers with the Penske setups is that we are located literally 20 minutes down the road from Penske Racing Shocks (Reading, PA). That means that we get rapid turnaround and delivery, and when it comes to custom valving and all servicing issues, we have you covered!

RR Racing and Penske Race Shocks

Old 08-08-15, 06:56 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

What rotors are you guys running on your track car? Looks different from your two pieces offered on your site.
Old 08-08-15, 07:00 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by kzlflash
What rotors are you guys running on your track car? Looks different from your two pieces offered on your site.
They are exactly the same, only difference is the aluminum hats are not anodized because this is the same set we have been running throughout the development.

Old 08-08-15, 07:03 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This is awesome, I'm already enjoying the USRS, gonna have to get a night job now
Old 08-08-15, 07:04 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great!!!! Is this another product that you sell that won't be on your website?
Old 08-08-15, 07:23 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by pat1
Great!!!! Is this another product that you sell that won't be on your website?
Hi, its not on the website because we will not be ready to sell until late this week. The purpose of this thread is to introduce the setup and answer questions.

Rafi

Old 08-08-15, 07:33 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi, its not on the website because we will not be ready to sell until late this week. The purpose of this thread is to introduce the setup and answer questions.

Rafi
Kinda like your new exhaust pieces that your promoting and people are asking for prices with no reply from you. If your want to sell parts that's great but please post prices or give a link or at least reply to your posts.
Old 08-08-15, 07:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by pat1
Kinda like your new exhaust pieces that your promoting and people are asking for prices with no reply from you. If your want to sell parts that's great but please post prices or give a link or at least reply to your posts.

Guys, I have stated that we will soon start an exhaust development thread. The purpose of our posts regarding our new exhaust options was simply to say they are coming. I don't want to put the products up for sale until we are 100% ready to deliver. We have already done several local installs and are taking all the feedback we are getting in order to make the product as good as it can be prior to formal release.

Rafi

Old 08-08-15, 08:08 AM
nicksamba
Driver School Candidate

Since nobody else seems to, I will say thanks for your dedication to this community. We have little aftermarket support and I, for one, appreciate your efforts to bring the products to market if and only if ready to deliver.
Old 08-08-15, 08:11 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Guys, I have stated that we will soon start an exhaust development thread. The purpose of our posts regarding our new exhaust options was simply to say they are coming. I don't want to put the products up for sale until we are 100% ready to deliver. We have already done several local installs and are taking all the feedback we are getting in order to make the product as good as it can be prior to formal release.

Rafi

That's great..... now include this your posts. When I read the post it sounds like the exhaust is ready to go....

I do understand that it takes time to develop a product and you want to make 100% sure it's perfect for your consumer but on the future customers stand point reading about your new parts and products on the anticipatience of it's release unknown is getting old. Maybe I'm being impatient or maybe you're letting the cat out of the bag to early.

We all know there is very little aftermarket support for the isf and it's great what your doing.
Old 08-08-15, 10:54 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Pat1 - I feel like you are being a little impatient. Personally, I'd rather have a company share their design and thoughts along the way to gauge market interest and get feedback vs. just releasing the product and later having everyone nit pick it. But that's just me.

The coilovers look nice. Interested to see that price point we are looking at here given what the Penske set sells for already.
Old 08-08-15, 11:26 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Damn it Rafi !!!! Just take my money LOL. I am loving your parts, dedication to producing new and improved parts for the community, and your dedication to have them made in the US. Kind of refreshing. Super excited !!! Very cool that you went with Penske. They make serious products.

Now I have to figure out how to get the wife to ok this after the USRS, AO separator, new exhaust, and new set of wheels this year. My IRA is growing, but Im going through all my lunch money LOL.

RR Racing ROCKS !!

PS Rafi, did you need to roll those fenders when you dropped the car?? Again you are on a square 19x9.5 set up ,right? I promise I wont ask again but can you give me your offsets and tire sizes again. I ordering a set soon and want to get an idea. Thanks again buddy!!!!!!

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-08-15 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF