CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

Group Buy RRRacing/Penske ISF coilovers Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 06:37 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well this down right sucks. I was completely blowing my budget to begin with. Now it's an extra 300 (410 Canadian). I really gotta think about this. Can RR help us out any further on the price point since there was 7-8 of us instead of 5-6. Last time a group buy was done in November, you guys had the price down at 3000 for the DA's.
Old 03-29-16, 08:05 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnfwm
well this down right sucks. I was completely blowing my budget to begin with. Now it's an extra 300 (410 Canadian). I really gotta think about this. Can RR help us out any further on the price point since there was 7-8 of us instead of 5-6. Last time a group buy was done in November, you guys had the price down at 3000 for the DA's.
Almost makes it worth it to pony up that 410 dollars and buy the DA's as Penske is expecting a price increase next month. You know you are going to get a well constructed coilover with lifetime use. Also depends on what your application is and if another brand can fill the void till the dollar shoots back up.
Old 03-30-16, 06:24 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Is anyone planning on installing these themselves? I belive I saw a DIY installation for coilovers but I can't find it now. Do these come ready to be installed or do we need to reuse parts from the stock ones?
Old 03-30-16, 06:56 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
Is anyone planning on installing these themselves? I belive I saw a DIY installation for coilovers but I can't find it now. Do these come ready to be installed or do we need to reuse parts from the stock ones?
I'm planning on installing myself at home in my garage

Looks like a pretty straight forward install the only thing I keep reading about it is resetting the bushings to neutral. I haven't quite figured out what that means or how to do it properly there's a couple of threads on it though. Hoping it makes sense after I start, I'm a hands on learner.

Maybe take a look at this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...lover-diy.html

Also - when do our units ship?
Old 03-30-16, 07:38 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
I'm planning on installing myself at home in my garage

Looks like a pretty straight forward install the only thing I keep reading about it is resetting the bushings to neutral. I haven't quite figured out what that means or how to do it properly there's a couple of threads on it though. Hoping it makes sense after I start, I'm a hands on learner.

Maybe take a look at this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...lover-diy.html

Also - when do our units ship?
I'm planning to do it myself in my garage as well. I believe I understand about resetting the bushings. Thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-30-16, 08:07 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

^^^^^

Cool, I might ping you if I get stuck!
Old 03-31-16, 06:35 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I also plan to install myself ill be installing on my two post, loosing all arm bolts, then moving the car to the 4 post lift and tighting all the bolts in the neutral position.
Old 03-31-16, 08:58 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
I also plan to install myself ill be installing on my two post, loosing all arm bolts, then moving the car to the 4 post lift and tighting all the bolts in the neutral position.
Found this in the Swift Spring Install thread.. not sure if it applies to Coilovers as well for people who have the USRS.

"The goal is to have the suspension at normal ride height when you tighten the bolts. That way, you have no worries about the OEM rubber bushing being constantly stressed and breaking down prematurely.

If you are putting in poly bushings, there's nothing to worry about because the metal rotates in the polyurethane so you don't have the same issues. Also true of suspensions with spherical ball joints. No shenanigans at all, just bolt up and tighten."
Old 03-31-16, 12:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d
Found this in the Swift Spring Install thread.. not sure if it applies to Coilovers as well for people who have the USRS.

"The goal is to have the suspension at normal ride height when you tighten the bolts. That way, you have no worries about the OEM rubber bushing being constantly stressed and breaking down prematurely.

If you are putting in poly bushings, there's nothing to worry about because the metal rotates in the polyurethane so you don't have the same issues. Also true of suspensions with spherical ball joints. No shenanigans at all, just bolt up and tighten."
Exactly correct. Just another good reason to ditch the OEM bushings if you have the tools and ability.

The other thread discussing setting suspension to a neutral setting before tightening is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ere-first.html
Old 03-31-16, 04:36 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Exactly correct. Just another good reason to ditch the OEM bushings if you have the tools and ability.

The other thread discussing setting suspension to a neutral setting before tightening is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ere-first.html
Lobux- you joining in on this group buy since we've got the numbers?
Old 03-31-16, 04:44 PM
5280ISF
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thx guys, very helpful information. I will be giving the self install a try myself. Sounds like it is pretty straightforward.

Still have concerns about dialing the DA setup in, and getting the correct alignment specs....
Old 03-31-16, 06:31 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by 5280ISF
Thx guys, very helpful information. I will be giving the self install a try myself. Sounds like it is pretty straightforward.

Still have concerns about dialing the DA setup in, and getting the correct alignment specs....
+1 on the dialing in settings although I'm not worried about it. Rafi said they come dialed in but I may want to change to make them even more road friendly (comfortable). Won't know until I go for a ride.

As far as alignment I though I remember reading somewhere that if you aren't going more then 1in in the front it's fine without extra aftermarket stuff i.e. Figs.

I think Rafi said they come preset at about .75in lowering in front and .5in rear. Still need to measure of course.
Old 04-01-16, 02:12 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,415 Likes on 648 Posts

+1 on the dialing in settings although I'm not worried about it. Rafi said they come dialed in but I may want to change to make them even more road friendly (comfortable). Won't know until I go for a ride.

As far as alignment I though I remember reading somewhere that if you aren't going more then 1in in the front it's fine without extra aftermarket stuff i.e. Figs.

I think Rafi said they come preset at about .75in lowering in front and .5in rear. Still need to measure of course.
The stock setting is about 1" lower front, 0.5" rear, you can easily change that to whatever your liking is, higher or a bit lower.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-01-16, 11:56 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Thanks Rafi,

Regarding camber - for a street driven car is 1in too much to get within factory specs?
Old 04-01-16, 12:37 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks Rafi, Regarding camber - for a street driven car is 1in too much to get within factory specs?
I'm a tad bit outside oem specs on front camber with a 1 inch drop.

Quick Reply: Group Buy RRRacing/Penske ISF coilovers Group Buy