CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Speed Freaks USA: Project Mu HC+800 Introductory Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 07:40 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by blackisF08
how would you rate the brake dust compared to oem brembo ones? 1-10 10 being really dusty aka oem ones lol
I have them on the rear, and I believe they dust a bit less than the stock pads.

Lou
Old 05-27-16, 10:09 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have them on the rear, and I believe they dust a bit less than the stock pads.

Lou
awesome thanks for your response
Old 06-18-16, 07:56 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Any feedback after few thousand miles? Are they still quiet and OK daily driving ?
Old 06-18-16, 09:46 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^No issues, no noise and strong performance I'm very happy with 'em

Lou
Old 06-20-16, 04:30 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Lou
I beg to differ. Try 'em on the front. With aggressive braking, they can be just as dusty as OEM. Yes, the rears aren't too bad, but the OEM rears weren't too bad either since they're smaller pads and aren't doing as much work as the fronts.

I'm not complaining, though.. The dust is simply a trade off for the performance & low noise qualities of these pads.

Originally Posted by Rossi
Any feedback after few thousand miles? Are they still quiet and OK daily driving ?
Mine remain mostly quiet day to day. They'll occasionally make some small (brief) squeals when applying the brakes lightly, but that's probably just from dirt/dust build-up resulting from extended "light" use of the brakes.. A couple hard stops quiets them right down again.. Maybe it's a built-in warning system telling me I'm not using the brakes to their potential

-Mike
Old 06-22-16, 01:41 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Dust is defiantly around OEM levels (quite a bit) although it can sometimes be hard to accurately judge since the pads are aggressive and these characteristics naturally make you want to use the brakes more often and more aggressively It's like if you were to put an exhaust and tune on the car, all else equal you may very well get better fuel mileage. But of course you're going to floor it everywhere to hear the exhaust and feel the power so fuel mileage ends up seeming a lot worse.

In any case the focus with the HC+800 was always on maximum performance at a reasonable cost since the NS400 already fills the spot in the market for ultra low dust street performance pads.

-Matt M.
Old 06-26-16, 06:59 PM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^ thank you al for much needed feedback, I just placed an order for all four corners. I am planning to match them with Figs/Racingbrake 2ps rotors. Should be a great upgrade from my OEM rotors and stoptech performance pads. I will be posting my own feedback soon. Thank you all as always.
Old 07-06-16, 04:02 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

i just ordered a pair of this, i can't wait to get them and put them on the car
Old 07-06-16, 04:51 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Awesome! I am excited to hear some feedback from both of you after you guys get a chance to play with the pads

-Matt M.
Old 07-08-16, 04:17 PM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^ thank you al for much needed feedback, I just placed an order for all four corners. I am planning to match them with Figs/Racingbrake 2ps rotors. Should be a great upgrade from my OEM rotors and stoptech performance pads. I will be posting my own feedback soon. Thank you all as always.
I cannot be happier with this setup, just superb. Very aggressive setup, complete transformed the car. This is first time in my life I enjoy acceleration as much as braking. Insane initial bite, this car now stops on the dime. If you are spirited driver, and you focus on performance, this is a MUST.
Not completely quiet, there is some grinding noise as some mentioned, I will have to try to bed them in again. So much performance WOW. Yes, there is dust, above OEM pads levels for sure.
But honestly, I am happy to wash the wheels with a smile on my face for this much performance, that's one for sure.

Last edited by Rossi; 07-09-16 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 11:15 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

well just got mine in today, installed and bed in. so far after the bed in process i can tell the initial bite is awesome and car brakes really quick. i don't know if it is just me or my old brakes were done for good but it seem with the new set up the pedal brake is more smooth

i will write down another review after a few thousand miles

by the way amazing customer service over the phone from speed freaks i can't remember who i talked to lol
Old 07-12-16, 11:08 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

I cannot be happier with this setup, just superb. Very aggressive setup, complete transformed the car. This is first time in my life I enjoy acceleration as much as braking. Insane initial bite, this car now stops on the dime. If you are spirited driver, and you focus on performance, this is a MUST.
Not completely quiet, there is some grinding noise as some mentioned, I will have to try to bed them in again. So much performance WOW. Yes, there is dust, above OEM pads levels for sure.
But honestly, I am happy to wash the wheels with a smile on my face for this much performance, that's one for sure.
Originally Posted by blackisF08
well just got mine in today, installed and bed in. so far after the bed in process i can tell the initial bite is awesome and car brakes really quick. i don't know if it is just me or my old brakes were done for good but it seem with the new set up the pedal brake is more smooth

i will write down another review after a few thousand miles

by the way amazing customer service over the phone from speed freaks i can't remember who i talked to lol
I love hearing about people's first experiences with a real performance pad. Welcome to the other side I am glad you guys are happy with how the pads have transformed the cars braking feel and feedback. They definitely dust a lot when new and going through their first bedding cycle but the dust levels should go down and level out after the brakes have been fully bedded in.

-Matt M.
Old 07-12-16, 01:38 PM
Rossi
Racer

I went through another round of bedding process, still get some of that grinding sound from the front.
Is it going to go away or is it something to get used to with high performance pads?
Old 07-12-16, 02:17 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^No, after completion of bedding the pads should be silent when applied.

Lou
Old 07-13-16, 10:29 PM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^No, after completion of bedding the pads should be silent when applied.

Lou
Thank you Lou, I guess I will have to continue bedding them in.

Quick Reply: New Product Speed Freaks USA: Project Mu HC+800 Introductory Special