CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 07:54 AM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
have you heard of the cobb accessport?
Funny, my previous car before the ISF was a Mazdaspeed 3 with ALL COBB accessories... intake, exhaust, downpipe, shift know and of course, V2 Accessport.. I was running Stage 2.. With the Accessport, you do NOT need to send the ECU.. it connects to your OBDII port and you tune it based on your needs, octane gas, mods, etc...

It seems that with this approach, you can't really do anything to the ECU... It's whatever comes preloaded in the EPROM that was programmed at RR.

I have tuned my previous cars with Tec3 and Flying Miata ECU Links...

Bottom line, been there, done that...

All cars are different and ONE tune may not be suited for all...

Just crossing the fingers to see if this works... That's all.. and I am rooting for RR
Old 01-21-16, 08:13 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93MSB
Rafi,

Would the tune be more precise if we sent in individual data logs specific to each car/ecu? If so what is your preferred method other than the mongoose cable/tech stream? Dash command with a dongle? And what kind of driving scenarios should we log?
I'm sure if we go this route, the cost will rise substantially as the developer would need to design a tune for your car specifically.
Old 01-21-16, 08:26 AM
PololoISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Compthis
I'm sure if we go this route, the cost will rise substantially as the developer would need to design a tune for your car specifically.
This is exactly what Flyin Miata does with all their customers... I send individual logs of my Turbo Miata and I analyze them with their Tech Guys... make recommendations and/or changes and go again for drive until I get it the way I want it...

Of course this works because I have a standalone ECU that I can get my maps on my laptop and do "real time" runs... we only analyze the file.. no need to send the ECU back and forth...

I fully understand RR is no FM but moving towards that direction will be amazing...even if this was with a OBDII connector...

Last edited by PololoISF; 01-21-16 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-21-16, 08:32 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We will post the specific pricing details soon, but the basic principles are:

(1) If you buy a tune now, you will get full credit for what you paid towards the SC (although your ECU will have to be re-tuned) once it is released.

(2) Essential re-tunes will be FREE, and depending on the nature of the tune, we may or may not charge shipping. By "essential" I mean making amendments to the tune that will improve consistency and reliability of the tune -- if such a need ever arises. I hope everyone understands, we have thoroughly tested this tune, but as we continue to push the limits of the car, particularly on the track and in the hot summer months, and as we get feedback from you all, we are not going to sit back be complacent about it.

(3) Re-tunes for future non-SC specific upgrades that we will develop, such as Big MAF upgrades, potentially CAMS, or other things that will come up, will be charged at about 1/3 the price of the original tune.... so upgrade costs are going to be very reasonable.

Rafi
what about us nitrous customers? can we datalog for that and send it to you for an update?
Old 01-21-16, 08:45 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

From my experience with self tuning my old suby, the "canned" accesport tunes work fine. They are conservative and leave some power/smoothness on the table, but overall they are very safe.

I think tunes fallinto 2 general buckets:

A - Canned Tunes - standard tunes (save adjustment for gas type) that are made on one or two test vehicles and then sold/installed on customer cars. This is what the Cobb AP tunes are and I imagine that this is what we will get from RR Racing.

Or

B - Custom tunes - a more customized tune which requires a lot of data logging, sending results to tuner, revising the tune, re-installing the tune with either dyno or road dyno logging and testing. This could result in many different tunes as the tweaking progresses.

I think option B is not very practical considering we need to ship our ECU (or go to RR) to be flashed. If some kind of accesport is ultimately developed for the F - that would be ideal. But right now - any tune is better than no tune.
Old 01-21-16, 08:47 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I love the model of upgradable tunes. Sucks that I'm on warranty.
Old 01-21-16, 08:49 AM
bentobob
Driver School Candidate

One more ISF owner that is excited about the possibilities
Old 01-21-16, 09:38 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We will post the specific pricing details soon, but the basic principles are:

(1) If you buy a tune now, you will get full credit for what you paid towards the SC (although your ECU will have to be re-tuned) once it is released.

(2) Essential re-tunes will be FREE, and depending on the nature of the tune, we may or may not charge shipping. By "essential" I mean making amendments to the tune that will improve consistency and reliability of the tune -- if such a need ever arises. I hope everyone understands, we have thoroughly tested this tune, but as we continue to push the limits of the car, particularly on the track and in the hot summer months, and as we get feedback from you all, we are not going to sit back be complacent about it.

(3) Re-tunes for future non-SC specific upgrades that we will develop, such as Big MAF upgrades, potentially CAMS, or other things that will come up, will be charged at about 1/3 the price of the original tune.... so upgrade costs are going to be very reasonable.

Rafi
Are you guys affiliated with R/T Tuning? They are based in Philly not far from you guys and are doing a custom tune specific to each car instead of a having a basic tune that you guys just flash the ROM and send out. Will you guys be doing a custom tune if you have the car in house?
Old 01-21-16, 10:00 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

This is big time!!
Old 01-21-16, 10:06 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
Wasnt referring to the cel after hollowing out the primary cats (apparently it wont be an issue) was curious if the secondary cats on the stock exhaust (if temporarily reinstalled) would clean it up enough to pass emissions.
No, as I mentioned before secondary cats aren't monitored by O2 sensors. Therefore you will have CEL issues if you don't fit O2 conditioner when removing the primaries. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-16, 10:10 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Just want those damn header results to come out!!!!!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-21-16, 10:13 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Question thinking about picking up a spare ecu for modification and keep oem stock. Is there an issue with using another ecu in my car? ie anti theft etc?

Thanks
Old 01-21-16, 10:30 AM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
Wasnt referring to the cel after hollowing out the primary cats (apparently it wont be an issue) was curious if the secondary cats on the stock exhaust (if temporarily reinstalled) would clean it up enough to pass emissions.
Originally Posted by PDP180180
No, as I mentioned before secondary cats aren't monitored by O2 sensors. Therefore you will have CEL issues if you don't fit O2 conditioner when removing the primaries. Hope this helps.
Lol lets just drop the whole CEL thing... Rafi said its disabled with the tune anyway. When i speak of emissions, this year the car needs to be ran and measured here in CO, not just the obd2 plug in and read like I got a yr ago.
Old 01-21-16, 10:45 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Are you guys affiliated with R/T Tuning? They are based in Philly not far from you guys and are doing a custom tune specific to each car instead of a having a basic tune that you guys just flash the ROM and send out. Will you guys be doing a custom tune if you have the car in house?
RT is separate and hasn't really done anything with the tune. Idk why they're marketing they are tuning...Vivid part II
Old 01-21-16, 10:49 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
RT is separate and hasn't really done anything with the tune. Idk why they're marketing they are tuning...Vivid part II
Dude! Hurry up and go to RR.... I want those dyno graphs! haha.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!