CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 09:32 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Isfpower
2. MileHIFcar
3. jjdurrant
Old 01-23-16, 09:33 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Add your name to the list ^^^

It is not a group buy why does it matter?
Old 01-23-16, 09:33 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Isfpower
2. MileHIFcar
3. jjdurrant
4. Meanstreak
Old 01-23-16, 09:40 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by zebani
It is not a group buy why does it matter?
No reason other than to gauge and show the interest in this awesome news/breakthrough mod for the community that some have been waiting for since 2008
Old 01-23-16, 09:47 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Count me in as a guarantee! So stoked right now.
Old 01-23-16, 09:48 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
No reason other than to gauge and show the interest in this awesome news/breakthrough mod for the community that some have been waiting for since 2008
I think it's better to make a separate thread for that instead of spamming up this vendor thread. It's for information and updates about the tune.....Just sayin..
Old 01-23-16, 09:53 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^Doesn't matter to me either way......
Old 01-23-16, 10:03 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Man.....I wish today was Sunday night. 1 more day to go before the website gets updated......just can't wait
Old 01-23-16, 10:50 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

"Hey honey I know what I want for Valentine's Day"
Old 01-23-16, 11:17 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Im in, thank you RR racing
Old 01-24-16, 12:19 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a question on the tune Rafi,

You guys live in the states, I'm located in the Middle East. I want to send in my ECU for tuning the only thing I'm worried about is the weather we have here.

On average the temps here are between 30-45c (86-113f) will this tune be able to run well in these temperatures?

Also my ECU I believe will be closer to the Jap Spec cars as it is a GCC spec ECU. I believe it has less restrictions in terms of emissions as I don't have a simulator installed with my PPE Headers and everything has been working great so far.

Any advice you can give me on running your tune in hot temps would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-16, 12:31 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Rafi,
I went through this entire thread but I still had some questions.

1. Will this tune would work on a STOCK or Cat-Back only (with stock catted headers/primary cats intact) ISF? If so, what would we expect in terms out how much power we would gain?

2. Will this tune work with 91oct fuel? That's all we got here in California.
Great Questions for the majority CA modified IS F's

Also, many of us have spent countless hours / $ on the dynos.. Some personal... Some R&D..

What are the chances of giving on some before & after SAE corrected numbers set to 5, using 5th or 6th gear..??
No one on here uses uncorrected numbers or 4th gear.. (search dynos done last 7 years)

Many of us already know on average (DYNOJET) a base IS F bone stock is approx 350 RWHP.

Average Joe well made Catback Exhaust we're at 375 RWHP

Thrown in well made aftermarket headers and we break the 400 RWHP barrier..

Simple question..

In any of these scenarios, what is the total range of RWHP gains we can obtain from the TUNED ECU ??

Thanks for all your hardwork soo far..!!

Joe Z
Old 01-24-16, 01:12 AM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How "detuned" is the factory ecu? How much adjustment does the factory ecu make due to different octane fuels and weather across the states (which varies drastically)? There must be a big safety margin to leave 30-40whp off the table solely from the tune. Are there factory failsafes to prevent catastrophic failure and are these still retained with the RR tune? My car is a DD that I love to take on long roadtrips so I curious on the reliability aspect. Quite excited in this new development!
Old 01-24-16, 01:20 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Simple question..

In any of these scenarios, what is the total range of RWHP gains we can obtain from the TUNED ECU ??

Thanks for all your hardwork soo far..!!

Joe Z
A dyno is just a tool, use it to measure if a modification or tune gained or loss power, that's why it's always important to do a baseline, then an after on the SAME dyno, similar conditions, same gear. What's great about Fabspeed's dyno is it's climate controlled so the results should be a little more accurate then say a dyno that's more exposed to the elements which would need computer applied correction factors.

Of course we know dynos all read differently, what's important to pay attention to is the GAINED results, if you look at the final results it's pretty mind blowing. Rafi's car gained between 40-50 WHP peak from just adding the tune, although he conservatively says it's 30-40.

You can take those results and apply it to a higher reading dyno if you want, if Rafi would have used a higher reading dyno and it baselines at 395-400whp, he would probably be looking at 440-450whp after the tune. Add in another 10whp for full headers and he'll be near 460whp.

Now if he really wanted to go ***** out, he could have went and tested on a DynaPack like the one at Church Automotive here in CA. I heard this dyno runs on hopes and dreams and reads about 15-20 percent higher than average. He would have made like 500whp there and made every ISF owner wet their pants.

Last edited by DanISFast; 01-24-16 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-24-16, 01:26 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DanISFast
A dyno is just a tool, use it to measure if a modification or tune gained or loss power, that's why it's always important to do a baseline, then an after on the SAME dyno, similar conditions, same gear. What's great about Fabspeed's dyno is it's climate controlled so the results should be a little more accurate then say a dyno that's more exposed to the elements which would need computer applied correction factors.

Of course we know dynos all read differently, what's important to pay attention to is the GAINED results, if you look at the final results it's pretty mind blowing. Rafi's car gained between 40-50 WHP peak from just adding the tune, although he conservatively says it's 30-40.

You can take those results and apply it to a higher reading dyno if you want, if Rafi would have used a higher reading dyno and it baselines at 395-400whp, he would probably be looking at 440-450whp after the tune.
Yes I know a Dyno is just a tool..

I've been dynoing the Lexus platform since 2002.. When the aftermarket started tinkering with the IS300..

Trust me I know all about the process

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-24-16 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!