CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 11:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by kauaian
Am I seeing that headers are not yielding much more overstock de-catted manifolds?!

Guys, the chart is showing gains untuned vs tuned. We are showing header gains over stock decat manifolds of about 6-12 hp or so.. (Both tuned)
Old 01-26-16, 11:51 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Now that's make sense
Old 01-26-16, 11:55 AM
kneauxp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Maybe we should start a list for people wondering what gains the tune will have on stock ISF?
Count me in for that!
Old 01-26-16, 11:56 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, port my bin & flash it wit tis!
Old 01-26-16, 12:09 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome.

Rafi, so an intake tube actually does make enough of a difference to have a "tune option" in the ordering page?

I had an HPS tube + AFE filter before but went back to stock because I didn't tell any difference, if they actually do produce gains with the flash tune I will definitely be picking up an intake tube along with the ECU flash.
Old 01-26-16, 12:50 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Update 1/26/16: Ok, I know I promised to have the ordering info up by last night, but that is being pushed off until today! I know how excited everyone is... but we really want to do this intro right, that is why we are offering a special pricing (the $100 CL discount code) and special terms. The ordering info will be up today, but we ask that you all not send us the ECU until you receive an email from us. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER, only when we confirm that you can ship us the ECU. Right now, in the interest of full disclosure, we are 100% ready to flash customer ECU's, but we would like to iron out 2 issues by end of week: (1) Rev limit increase -- there are some technical issues with this feature that we want to make sure we get 100% correct, so if this feature is a must have for you, please wait to order. (2) We would like to finish the throttlebody tune this week. Based on testing over the past week, we see some definite promise with the TB, but the reality is that without some major re-mapping, upgraded TB is actually loosing power! I know a lot of you are gung-ho to order, but it would be pointless to get the tune now, and then upgrade to the TB tune 1-2 weeks from now! Boring out your TB is only $100, and can be done while you are waiting for us to flash your ECU. So there you have it. We want everyone to know what's going on and I hope I am communicating clearly... if I am not, let me have it -Rafi
So does that mean if I want the TB and revised tune I should hold off on ordering until that is announced?
Old 01-26-16, 01:42 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
For the IS-F owners (particularly the 08-10 MY) that had upgraded their Steering ECU to the revised 11-12 or 13-14 Steering ECU, there was a required calibration process using Techstream to get the new Steering ECU to work correctly.

Would a reflash to the ECU have any impact to the updated calibration of the Steering ECU (lose of revised settings)?
PM me about this. Considering doing it to my '08....
Old 01-26-16, 01:57 PM
CelicaGT4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
rev limit increase and extra power from throttle body upgrade is worth the extra 2 week wait IMO . thanks for the update.
Truth! I'll wait for the combo platter of heavenly goodness.
Old 01-26-16, 02:58 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Put my 650 deposit in. Looking forward to reading updates and more info for the next few weeks about the TB, tranny, throttle, experiences, results, etc.

Guess I better get to the dyno and find some baselines.
Old 01-26-16, 03:01 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Awesome.

Rafi, so an intake tube actually does make enough of a difference to have a "tune option" in the ordering page?

I had an HPS tube + AFE filter before but went back to stock because I didn't tell any difference, if they actually do produce gains with the flash tune I will definitely be picking up an intake tube along with the ECU flash.
Its a minor difference, we do not have to tune for it. We are just trying to keep track of all the mods on a per-order basis, just in case we notice issues developing with certain mods only, that way we have some tractability.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-26-16, 03:05 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Evening Update 1/26/16:

Frustrating news is that we still have issues with the rev limit increase. Without getting into the details, there is a problem that surfaces during shifting and I am not sure we will figure it out in the very near future... but we will continue trying.

Good news is that we think we have some good mapping for the TB. Street testing went really well, so we are back on the dyno tomorrow. I will report the results tomorrow good or bad.

-Rafi

PS, we just put out a quick video promoting the tune on our youtube channel, check it out here:

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-26-16 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-26-16, 03:13 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Cool , waiting for the tb and will send out my ecu , i'm going to dyno tomorrow too , before and after with another member f
Old 01-26-16, 03:13 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Its very similar but certainly not exactly the same engine. The main contributor to the higher HP is the higher compression ratio. RCF also has larger MAF housing, larger Throttlebody, different cams, and some other changes.

Rafi
also higher revs, new header design. RCF headers dont gain as much as ISF headers did. Its still 467hp with the neutered exhaust too
Old 01-26-16, 03:42 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^You going to come back or are you happy with your Mustang??
Old 01-26-16, 03:56 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Also how long is the introductory promo code $100 off going to work for (2,3,4 weeks)?

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!