CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 08:38 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Can't wait to be pushing stupid amount of power..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-26-16, 08:39 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
why are so many people so adamant to see stock car dyno with a tune? I'm assuming this tune is aimed at the IS-F enthusiast who already has bolt ons looking for more opportunities, not a stock car. This tune isn't going to be the saving grace for those unwilling to mod their cars thus far.
You can keep assuming...I like concrete data. My car isn't stock..it has a JoeZ exhaust and intake, but I don't want to go the route of headers because I don't want the hassle of having a catless car in California, the install hassle, and the increased drone that comes with a catless car. Others may have their own reasons for not going with headers or decatting their stock manifolds. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a mildly modded ISF who would like some more power and better drivability and hope that ECU tune is the answer. Before I invest in this ECU tune, I would like concrete data that it will benefit a stock or mildly modded (exhaust +/- intake only).

Last edited by Supraman16; 01-27-16 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-26-16, 09:14 PM
myspec15
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is awesome!!
Old 01-26-16, 09:16 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidtek
why are so many people so adamant to see stock car dyno with a tune? I'm assuming this tune is aimed at the IS-F enthusiast who already has bolt ons looking for more opportunities, not a stock car. This tune isn't going to be the saving grace for those unwilling to mod their cars thus far.

It's to give the first HP increase over a stock car:

-stock baseline dyno
-stock with tune dyno
-tune with exhaust/header dyno

I do understand the above dynos may require individual tunes for each mod, but the baseline should be a stock car.

Would you buy a tune from me if I told you it would add 75HP?

Then you find out my car has an exhaust, headers, intake, cams, and nitrous?
Old 01-26-16, 09:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

is there a reason why there isn't an option to choose if your car has an aftermarket exhaust'?
Old 01-26-16, 10:53 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I think RRRacing's website is going to crash due to all ISF members going on there to order/check out the ECU tune...haha :P
Old 01-26-16, 11:09 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
is there a reason why there isn't an option to choose if your car has an aftermarket exhaust'?
Agreed, noticed that too

Rafi, want to jump in here for F's that just have an aftermarket exhaust with the primaries still intact, and why there isn't an option on the website yet anyway??

Thx
Old 01-27-16, 12:10 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Holy ****.. I haven't been on this post since it was 16 pages.. Wtf happened.?? I have some reading to do.
Old 01-27-16, 12:17 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
how about non US ECUs?

Middle east ECUs?
+1
Old 01-27-16, 03:03 AM
giblet
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Holy ****.. I haven't been on this post since it was 16 pages.. Wtf happened.?? I have some reading to do.
You have a valid reason. Now catch up!
Old 01-27-16, 04:32 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You've not missed much! Lol.

I think everyone should take a deep breath, and let Rafi and the guys keep working on what they need to be doing right now.

I personally have a fair few other things I want to complete before I want a remap. I'm probably going to wait for the S/C kit as well before I get my ECU and throttle body done.

Try to keep in mind this is a ground breaking development that has taken over 7yrs to achieve! There will be teething issues, there will be further tweaks and changes, that's normal with these things.

Obviously Rafi needs people to sign up now in order to develop things further with real life testing in different conditions with different mods, but I'm sure the time will come when you can spec precisely what you have fitted, what you want done or not done (I will probably leave the rev limiter as is for safety reasons like others have said), and hopefully if you want the S/C kit.

That way I can do it all at once, and hopefully not need to do it again unless things change dramatically in the future.

Who knows with Rafi and the team pushing these things on our behalf. I for one am more than happy to let them work their magic for a while longer.

Hopefully the dyno runs and data after the throttle body tweaks will help.

Keep it up Rafi.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts mate. Appreciate it.
Old 01-27-16, 06:00 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A group of us out here in georgia are getting together next week to baseline our cars. If everyone can make it, we will have;
1. bone stock
2. Joe Z intake, Sikky Headers, JoeZ exhaust
3. Stock Headers with secondary's cut out
4. Stock headers with JoeZ
5. and if time permits to gut stock headers- those with secondary's cut out and Takeda intake.

It should be interesting to see what kind of power we all make on the same night under the same conditions on the same dyno.

We'll all head back after the tune is completed and run some miles under it, and try to shoot for a night of the same conditions.
Old 01-27-16, 06:40 AM
O1GS43O
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

rafi,

theres no option to have you guys bore my tb when i send in my ecu are you going to add this option?
Old 01-27-16, 06:53 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed, noticed that too

Rafi, want to jump in here for F's that just have an aftermarket exhaust with the primaries still intact, and why there isn't an option on the website yet anyway??

Thx
I noticed this as well and was wondering the same thing.
Old 01-27-16, 08:20 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
You've not missed much! Lol.

I think everyone should take a deep breath, and let Rafi and the guys keep working on what they need to be doing right now.

I personally have a fair few other things I want to complete before I want a remap. I'm probably going to wait for the S/C kit as well before I get my ECU and throttle body done.

Try to keep in mind this is a ground breaking development that has taken over 7yrs to achieve! There will be teething issues, there will be further tweaks and changes, that's normal with these things.

Obviously Rafi needs people to sign up now in order to develop things further with real life testing in different conditions with different mods, but I'm sure the time will come when you can spec precisely what you have fitted, what you want done or not done (I will probably leave the rev limiter as is for safety reasons like others have said), and hopefully if you want the S/C kit.

That way I can do it all at once, and hopefully not need to do it again unless things change dramatically in the future.

Who knows with Rafi and the team pushing these things on our behalf. I for one am more than happy to let them work their magic for a while longer.

Hopefully the dyno runs and data after the throttle body tweaks will help.

Keep it up Rafi.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts mate. Appreciate it.
I am in agreeance. Slow down. If you guys have waited this long a few weeks or month wont be that bad. Rafi has just created history. There is going to be tweeks and other issue like said above. Let the guy work as he cant if he is responding to every little question.

I see it as of right now there is a map for !. Intake, headers and exhaust 2. Intake, exhaust and header cats removed 3. Intake and exhaust. There are also questions that you will have to provide for oxygen sensors and so forth. Take time, Read the website and cool those jets.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!