CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 08:33 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaxF
A group of us out here in georgia are getting together next week to baseline our cars. If everyone can make it, we will have;
1. bone stock
2. Joe Z intake, Sikky Headers, JoeZ exhaust
3. Stock Headers with secondary's cut out
4. Stock headers with JoeZ
5. and if time permits to gut stock headers- those with secondary's cut out and Takeda intake.

It should be interesting to see what kind of power we all make on the same night under the same conditions on the same dyno.

We'll all head back after the tune is completed and run some miles under it, and try to shoot for a night of the same conditions.
Awesome I think that should help a lot of people here who are looking for those results from the same dyno and same day conditions on multiple F's

Look forward to the results!
Old 01-27-16, 09:44 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Awesome I think that should help a lot of people here who are looking for those results from the same dyno and same day conditions on multiple F's

Look forward to the results!
There are a few of us out in CA with 91 gas that are doing baselines before and after the tune also. We're going to have a wealth of information coming very soon.

I will be data-logging on and off the dyno. I know Rafi is claiming "conservatively" 15-40WHP gains on top of I/E.

Worse case scenario is +15whp, which is simulated with the hood down, repeated back to back runs to heatsoak the motor and jacking up the IAT's. Best case is sitting on the dyno, fans blowing, hood up, long cool down periods before the run in 1:1 gear and you'll probably net +40whp.

The second scenario is usually how most dyno runs are conducted so I would expect to see gains in the upper range of that scale.

I already baseline 377whp with exhaust only, would be awesome if it ended up @ 410-415 whp with just exhaust+tune. Here's hoping!

Gonna hang that dyno sheet on the fridge if it happens.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 01-27-16 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-27-16, 10:41 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
There are a few of us out in CA with 91 gas that are doing baselines before and after the tune also. We're going to have a wealth of information coming very soon.

I will be data-logging on and off the dyno. I know Rafi is claiming "conservatively" 15-40WHP gains on top of I/E.

Worse case scenario is +15whp, which is simulated with the hood down, repeated back to back runs to heatsoak the motor and jacking up the IAT's. Best case is sitting on the dyno, fans blowing, hood up, long cool down periods before the run in 1:1 gear and you'll probably net +40whp.

The second scenario is usually how most dyno runs are conducted so I would expect to see gains in the upper range of that scale.

I already baseline 377whp with exhaust only, would be awesome if it ended up @ 410-415 whp with just exhaust+tune. Here's hoping!

What equipment are you using to data log? Would like to know cause I'd want to do the same if I were to get the tune.
Old 01-27-16, 10:45 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZaxF
A group of us out here in georgia are getting together next week to baseline our cars. If everyone can make it, we will have;
1. bone stock
2. Joe Z intake, Sikky Headers, JoeZ exhaust
3. Stock Headers with secondary's cut out
4. Stock headers with JoeZ
5. and if time permits to gut stock headers- those with secondary's cut out and Takeda intake.

It should be interesting to see what kind of power we all make on the same night under the same conditions on the same dyno.

We'll all head back after the tune is completed and run some miles under it, and try to shoot for a night of the same conditions.
When and Where? how much?
Old 01-27-16, 10:55 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kzlflash
What equipment are you using to data log? Would like to know cause I'd want to do the same if I were to get the tune.
I'm using both Toyota TIS Techstream software + cable and also Dashcommand + OBDLink LX Bluetooth Connector. I recommend the Dashcommand + OBDLink connector, much better refresh resolutions when you're monitoring multiple PID's compared to the "compatible" Techstream Cable. Unless you want to shell out $500 for the Mongoose cable...

Dashcommand for Android is like $10, + an extra $10 for Toyota specific PID extras and $60 for the dongle so you got a decent datalogging setup for under $100.

Edit: If you're using an iOS device you will need the $100 OBDLink MX Wifi Connector, so expect to pay a little more.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 01-27-16 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-27-16, 11:31 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Slow down people dont you know a supercharger is around the corner. I may just hold until that comes down since cars stored until April. Well that and Im a short 4 hour drive from my man Rafi!

Blown Murdered F coming soon!
Old 01-27-16, 11:54 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm using both Toyota TIS Techstream software + cable and also Dashcommand + OBDLink LX Bluetooth Connector. I recommend the Dashcommand + OBDLink connector, much better refresh resolutions when you're monitoring multiple PID's compared to the "compatible" Techstream Cable. Unless you want to shell out $500 for the Mongoose cable...

Dashcommand for Android is like $10, + an extra $10 for Toyota specific PID extras and $60 for the dongle so you got a decent datalogging setup for under $100.

Edit: If you're using an iOS device you will need the $100 OBDLink MX Wifi Connector, so expect to pay a little more.
Thanks for the detailed info!
Old 01-27-16, 11:57 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Slow down people dont you know a supercharger is around the corner. I may just hold until that comes down since cars stored until April. Well that and Im a short 4 hour drive from my man Rafi!

Ahhhh supercharger.

But if we buy the tune now, it will be fully credited towards the S/C when it drops so it's a win/win!
Old 01-27-16, 12:00 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

I think a big reason for the 30hp range is to account for both variable conditions during the dyno, and the fact that the factory ecu loves to pull timing
Old 01-27-16, 12:43 PM
CelicaGT4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order submitted

As an aside, where's the best place to order the PPE headers? Direct?
Old 01-27-16, 01:03 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Update 1/27/16:

Ok so we retuned for the bored out 80mm throttle body, but are unable to get it to make power. Futher, I don't recommend this mod without a tune, you will most likely loose power. So there you have it, we would have liked to have a good add-on product and tune, but based on our testing so far, its not making power.

That said, we will send you an email to all our pre-order customers. You all can start sending in your ECU's to us starting Monday (please do not send before Monday, February 1st).

thank you all, and we look forward to the feedback once everyone starts testing the tunes. Next week we have the RCF on the dyno, should be interesting!

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...isftune001.htm

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-27-16, 01:04 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CelicaGT4
Order submitted

As an aside, where's the best place to order the PPE headers? Direct?
www.shopfigs.com from figs engineering👍
Old 01-27-16, 01:10 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin

Lol yes! I see you feel the need for boost! Maybe we should go get one together in April!
Old 01-27-16, 01:39 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you Rafi for the update. Will have my ecu out & ready to ship no sooner than Wednesday 3/3/16 as I'm having a torsen diff. installed on Tuesday.
Dennis

(***Edit***) Rafi, I have aftermarket headers and an aftermarket exhaust with hi flow cats & all of the stock O2 sensors in place. I currently get no no CEL.

Which O2 tune option should I choose?

Last edited by tas02; 01-27-16 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-27-16, 02:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
www.shopfigs.com from figs engineering👍
or Josh with Mod in Japan..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!