CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 02:45 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,384 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by CelicaGT4
Order submitted

As an aside, where's the best place to order the PPE headers? Direct?

We are hoping to have some PPE headers soon, please check back with us in the next few days.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-27-16, 03:04 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

As excited I am about this and want to throw my hard earned money and send in my ECM, I'm actually going to wait. This is ground breaking news, and since they are the first to do it for us, I want to make sure all of the bugs, and other issues, along with other options become available. I'm sure once every one gets their "first gen" tune, they'll provide a ton of feedback of what they like, what they're noticing, and what they want more of.
Old 01-27-16, 03:46 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
There are a few of us out in CA with 91 gas that are doing baselines before and after the tune also. We're going to have a wealth of information coming very soon.

I will be data-logging on and off the dyno. I know Rafi is claiming "conservatively" 15-40WHP gains on top of I/E.

Worse case scenario is +15whp, which is simulated with the hood down, repeated back to back runs to heatsoak the motor and jacking up the IAT's. Best case is sitting on the dyno, fans blowing, hood up, long cool down periods before the run in 1:1 gear and you'll probably net +40whp.

The second scenario is usually how most dyno runs are conducted so I would expect to see gains in the upper range of that scale.

I already baseline 377whp with exhaust only, would be awesome if it ended up @ 410-415 whp with just exhaust+tune. Here's hoping!

Gonna hang that dyno sheet on the fridge if it happens.
I hear ya pretty excited myself, I had a baseline dyno done in November and I put down 357whp stock. It's funny because I wanted to get an exhaust and when this tune came out I didn't want to get the tune without having an exhaust on the car, so I ordered the Borla from RR-Racing and I should have that by next Tuesday then hopefully install it next Friday or Saturday

Shortly after that I will send my ECU out to them for the flash so about 2 weeks for me before I can see the results on the dyno anyway Because of the short timing with me getting the Borla and tune I probably will just dyno with both of them on the car together so I won't have a Borla dyno to follow my baseline, just the baseline then Borla/tune dyno.

Just placed my order with Simon for the tune also!!

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 01-27-16 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-27-16, 04:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Rafi, i tried to call but no response. For the guys with exhaust, will this be noted in the tune for not having the secondary cats or does it not matter. Thank you.
Old 01-27-16, 04:39 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Also Simon did say when I talked to him that the tune is the same with gutted primaries or by checking the box saying De-catted Manifold as just having an aftermarket exhaust (Borla/Joe-Z/ISS etc....) with the primaries still intact.

Hope this helps

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 01-27-16 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-27-16, 04:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Also Simon did say when I talked to him that the tune is the same with gutted primaries or the checking the box saying De-catted Manifold as just having an aftermarket exhaust (Borla/Joe-Z/ISS etc....) with the primaries still intact.

Hope this helps
awesome, thanks for the response. about to order now.
Old 01-27-16, 05:23 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just passing through the forum and saw this thread. An ISF tune has been talked about for years. I remember all the threads with pages and pages of hope only to be disappointed in the end. This is great news for you guys. I almost wish I still had my ISF. Kudos to RR-Racing.
Old 01-27-16, 05:23 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

His bags are packed and he's ready for his trip to PA.

I'll tell you one thing guys, the guy who installed my ECU when my ISF was built must have had a bad day because those nuts were on TIGHT! I mean I thought I was going to strip them!

Old 01-27-16, 06:41 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure this may have been answered, but I have PPE headers, and just recently got a CEL. Will this be addressed with the tune or should I take care of this separately?

Sorry if it's been answered and I missed it, this thread moves pretty fast!
Old 01-27-16, 07:01 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

So, the tune is the same all across the board don't matter the mods you have? If not, means that after any mods you get the ECU needs to re-flash? Im kinda lost...

Last edited by kbtoiz; 01-27-16 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-27-16, 07:19 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek
I'm sure this may have been answered, but I have PPE headers, and just recently got a CEL. Will this be addressed with the tune or should I take care of this separately?

I talked to Rafi about this today and here is what I got

Will turn off the check engine light and emissions is not a worry !
Old 01-27-16, 07:30 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek

To answer your question yes once the tune is installed you will no longer receive cells due to PPE headers but you want to run scan tools check error codes just to make sure it's nothing unusual that may not pertain to the Headers.

Originally Posted by kbtoiz
So, the tune is the same all across the board don't matter the mods you have? If not, means that after any mods you get the ECU needs to re-flash? Im kinda lost...
No go to website read through how to set up your order for your ecu flash it is slightly different from those with stock cars versus one that already been modded.

So if your car is stock now and you get the tune but later on install headers or decat your manifold or add full exhaust removing secondary cats you will have to get re flashed
Old 01-27-16, 07:43 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Rafi, are you guys opened on weekends and can you guys do the tune this weekend? I'm thinking of heading down from NY this Saturday and getting it done.
Old 01-27-16, 08:26 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Got it WeaponF thanks!
Old 01-27-16, 10:36 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the reply!!

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!