CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-16, 05:48 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if others have as well, but in cold weather (20-30 degrees F) my F would usually start up and idle around 1600 or so RPMS for the first 15 seconds or so. After the flash, cold starts seem to idle lower, like around 1200 RPM right after the engine starts. I wonder why this is?
Perhaps the ECU is still in learning mode?
Old 02-15-16, 06:57 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if others have as well, but in cold weather (20-30 degrees F) my F would usually start up and idle around 1600 or so RPMS for the first 15 seconds or so. After the flash, cold starts seem to idle lower, like around 1200 RPM right after the engine starts. I wonder why this is?
Same thing happened to mine. I was wondering the same thing....Mind you, I only installed the computer, started it once then shut it down and covered the car again.
Old 02-15-16, 09:17 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Here's the link: http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...isftune001.htm

Don't forget the introductory discount code 'IAMTUNE'. Should drop the price $100 if still available.

Good luck!

[edited: Due to the huge demand, we will retain the Clublexus discount code for the foreseeable future...]

We will still have special combo deals for Tune + PPE headers, and Tune + Intake.

Big thanks again to everyone for your support!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-15-16 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-15-16, 01:08 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Less than a week left. General qestion for anyone who wants to chime in. How would the reflash be on a car with higher miles? Say over 75k?
Old 02-15-16, 01:15 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmartin061
Less than a week left. General qestion for anyone who wants to chime in. How would the reflash be on a car with higher miles? Say over 75k?
Why would it be any different. Go for it.
Old 02-15-16, 01:55 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 132k on my 08 and I'm very happy with the results!
Old 02-15-16, 01:58 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
I have 132k on my 08 and I'm very happy with the results!
Reason I ask is I am looking to buy an 08 with 90k. So it is good to hear someone with higher miles is liking rhe upgrade. Next it the SC Nice thing about it is from day one has all maintenance records on it performed. Even some of the recalls if I am not mistaken. And was always washed and had the paint protrctant put on. New tires new front pads and original suspension is going back on. Hope to get him down another 500 to 22500.
Old 02-15-16, 02:24 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Quick question: We got word that a competitor is offering to have customers send in their ECU's for an initial flash... then he would send the ECU back with an OBD flash hardware that will allow you to reflash the ECU on your own in case you need to make changes (so that you wouldn't have to subsequently send the ECU back to the tuner).

We can do the same thing. Price would be $795, would anyone be interested?

My personal take on this is 2 fold:

(1) Its not really necessary for most ISF owners, but that's just my opinion.
(2) The most reliable way to flash your ECU is for us to do it... there many more reported issues with user USB flashes.

Let me know what you guys think. Would you rather pay $795 and have an OBD module to flash your car with future updates without sending in your ECU, or would you rather pay less ($650) and send in your ECU?

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-15-16 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-15-16, 02:50 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

So people who have already paid/pre-paid for the tune would have to pay $145 for the OBD module to flash updates etc........

Also what reported issues, and can you elaborate a little on why it's more reliable to flash the ECU in person with you guys as opposed to flashing through a module??

Thx
Old 02-15-16, 02:54 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I would likely pay an extra $145 to be able to change things like putting it back to stock, a valet mode or changing the rev limit. Although, if you have to go through the ecu learning process each time, not sure I would really ever change it.
Old 02-15-16, 03:01 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I would likely pay an extra $145 to be able to change things like putting it back to stock, a valet mode or changing the rev limit. Although, if you have to go through the ecu learning process each time, not sure I would really ever change it.
+1 on this. I'd honestly rather have a tune without having to send in my ECU at all, similar to the Cobb Accessport. Will this work exactly like a Cobb Accessport, or is it something else completely?

Also, what are the potential risks if a failure is experienced? As long as it doesn't result in a bricked ECU, I'm okay.
Old 02-15-16, 03:09 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by kzlflash
+1 on this. I'd honestly rather have a tune without having to send in my ECU at all, similar to the Cobb Accessport. Will this work exactly like a Cobb Accessport, or is it something else completely?

Also, what are the potential risks if a failure is experienced? As long as it doesn't result in a bricked ECU, I'm okay.

My personal opinion is that there is always a risk of bricking your ECU with user OBD flashes. The risk is relatively small, but people should be aware that it exists. OBD flashes are popular with other cars, people do it all the time, and if you google it, you will find there are sometimes issues. Sometimes its because of failure to follow instructions, but sometimes there are technical issues as well.

The OBD unit would allow you to reflash your ECU, it would not allow you to select maps on the fly whenever you feel like changing rev limit or like someone said, putting it into valet mode. Cobb allows map changes on the fly for Subaru only, as far as I know. The OBD user flash modules will only allow you to do a complete reflash, not on-the-fly changes.

I really want to emphasize: The most reliable way to flash your ECU is to send it to us.

For those who must have this, and who have already bought a tune for us, we will offer a low cost upgrade to the OBD flash module... not a problem.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-16-16 at 04:35 AM. Reason: edited remark about OBD tuning risks.
Old 02-15-16, 03:16 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I personally appreciate the cheaper option being available at the cost of having to remove & send the ecm & the vehicle being down. Knew going in that I'll be doing it again for the supercharger upgrade, & the car isn't my dd.

Edit:
May opt for the OBD flash module in the future.

Last edited by tas02; 02-15-16 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-15-16, 03:32 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

When the time comes, I'll be sending you my ECU Rafi.

I may wait for your SC kit, as I have a bunch of mods to do in the meantime.

I'd rather have you guys remap things personally. Just for my own piece of mind.

I don't intend on raising my rev limiter so once the SC kit is available, shouldn't need any remaps unless you discover something you want to add.

If I was marketing this mod myself, I'd be nervous about repercussions with giving owners cart blanch on fiddling with their tunes. Just my opinion.

I'm sure others may disagree, but that's my 2p worth.
Old 02-15-16, 03:46 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by PDP180180
When the time comes, I'll be sending you my ECU Rafi.

I may wait for your SC kit, as I have a bunch of mods to do in the meantime.

I'd rather have you guys remap things personally. Just for my own piece of mind.

I don't intend on raising my rev limiter so once the SC kit is available, shouldn't need any remaps unless you discover something you want to add.

If I was marketing this mod myself, I'd be nervous about repercussions with giving owners cart blanch on fiddling with their tunes. Just my opinion.

I'm sure others may disagree, but that's my 2p worth.

The OBD flash module does not allow you to tune your own car, just to upload maps you get from us.

Honesty guys, the best way is to send it to us. Certain OBD flashers are very reliable, like Cobb or Ecutek. Others are relatively reliable, like the one we will offer. BUT, there is always a chance of bricking your ECU, and if you search the web, you will find many stories of bricked ECU's. Bricked ECU's would have to be sent to us for recovery, which is usually possible.

When we flash your ECU, we clone it first, and save all the original data, and we do not flash your ECU through an OBD module, we do it with very advanced hardware, backup power supply, and there is no risk.

Rafi

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-16-16 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Check pm

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!