CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-16, 05:00 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We just got a mailer from our distributor with info on the new Takeda intaka for the RCF. They claim +15whp. Absolutely ridiculous, especially coming from a supposedly reputable company!

Rafi
Hmm.. maybe they're a spin-off of the disgraced airbag manufacturer, Takata.

-Mike
Old 02-25-16, 05:41 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Guys, there is no way we will every scam anyone, that is contrary to every principle by which we do business. Either we do it right, or we wont bother doing it.

For example, we recently reported we were working on an upgraded Throttlebody tune. Then we reported it didn't make any power. If we were so inclined, we could show dyno results showing 7-8hp pickup, and make money on an upgraded tune and bigger throttlebody... but we leave that crap for other's to do.

We just got a mailer from our distributor with info on the new Takeda intaka for the RCF. They claim +15whp. Absolutely ridiculous, especially coming from a supposedly reputable company!

Rafi
Thanks for your honesty. Are you planning anything else on the intake side for the IS-F?
Old 02-25-16, 06:49 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rafi, can the redline be set up at any RPM? or is just 7200 and 7400
Old 02-25-16, 07:25 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Thanks for your honesty. Are you planning anything else on the intake side for the IS-F?
Yes, we are currently testing a prototype intake with 87mm MAF housing diameter. FYI, the ISF MAF housing is 80mm, and the RCF housing diameter is 84mm. We are hoping to make some additional power with the combination of larger TB and larger MAF housing.... will report results by end of next week.

Originally Posted by juanmedina
Rafi, can the redline be set up at any RPM? or is just 7200 and 7400
Yes, we can do any RPM.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-25-16, 10:13 AM
knigh501
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happiness

This makes me happy but will it be able to be tuned elsewhere? also I made 415whp and 376wtq on a mustang dyno which reads 10-20% lower than a dynojet so could I expect a lot more? I have sikky headers and a straight pipe.
Old 02-25-16, 10:47 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by knigh501
This makes me happy but will it be able to be tuned elsewhere? also I made 415whp and 376wtq on a mustang dyno which reads 10-20% lower than a dynojet so could I expect a lot more? I have sikky headers and a straight pipe.
That can't be right unless u on NOS
Old 02-25-16, 11:48 AM
knigh501
Driver School Candidate

Default the powerrr

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
I have a video of the dyno day just don't have the graph at the moment its still on file at the shop.
Old 02-25-16, 11:48 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

The problem with many dynos is that they depend on the dyno operator entering the RPM to wheel speed calibration (i.e. Mustang dyno, Dynapack, Dynocomp, etc).

So what the operator does is he drives the car while holding the tachometer at a certain RPM, say 4000... then while driving it at 4000, he locks in the calibration between the engine speed and wheels speed.

Problem is that even small errors of 100-200rpm can easily result in a 10-20+hp miscalculation.

The easiest way to detect that something is wrong is to look at the dyno plot. If you know that say a stock ISF is supposed to redline at 6700, and the dyno shows something else, then you know that the calibration is incorrect, and the HP/TQ numbers are either too high or too low.

Of course, if the dyno operator always uses the same calibration factor for a certain make/model, then at least the results will be repeatable from one car to the other (or from one day to another). But the problem is, you really don't know, and the results are always open to intentional or inadvertent manipulation.

We like DynoJet dynos because they use an actual RPM pickup from the ignition wires or OBD port for RPM logging. HP and TQ numbers are calculated strictly from how much power it takes to spin up the standard Dynojet drums. So there is no user-input calibration data to add to measurement variability.

Rafi

Old 02-25-16, 11:49 AM
knigh501
Driver School Candidate

I assure you we ran it on the dyno 5 times and the highest we got was 415whp 376tq, my rear diff is different though it was upgraded for the track. instead of topping out at 170 it stops me at 138. but those where my numbers I just need to get my dyno graph on digits. they did my pull from 6th which is closest to 1
Old 02-25-16, 11:53 AM
knigh501
Driver School Candidate

The problem with many dynos is that they depend on the dyno operator entering the RPM to wheel speed calibration (i.e. Mustang dyno, Dynapack, Dynocomp, etc).

So what the operator does is he drives the car while holding the tachometer at a certain RPM, say 4000... then while driving it at 4000, he locks in the calibration between the engine speed and wheels speed.

Problem is that even small errors of 100-200rpm can easily result in a 10-20+hp miscalculation.

The easiest way to detect that something is wrong is to look at the dyno plot. If you know that say a stock ISF is supposed to redline at 6700, and the dyno shows something else, then you know that the calibration is incorrect, and the HP/TQ numbers are either too high or too low.

Of course, if the dyno operator always uses the same calibration factor for a certain make/model, then at least the results will be repeatable from one car to the other (or from one day to another). But the problem is, you really don't know, and the results are always open to intentional or inadvertent manipulation.

We like DynoJet dynos because they use an actual RPM pickup from the ignition wires or OBD port for RPM logging. HP and TQ numbers are calculated strictly from how much power it takes to spin up the standard Dynojet drums. So there is no user-input calibration data to add to measurement variability.

Rafi

I could use a dynojet just requires me to go for a longer drive, they had everything correct from my view and the tuner is experienced. it did fairly well on the dyno but having a After market Tuner might make a huge difference as well.
Old 02-25-16, 11:56 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Rafi, any header discounts for for the ones that bought the tune already?
Old 02-25-16, 12:25 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Rafi, any header discounts for for the ones that bought the tune already?
Yes, we will extend $100 discount on headers to everyone who bought the tune! Please email us service@rr-racing.com and someone will send you a discount coupon.

Simon

Old 02-25-16, 01:35 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Not sure if you guys have already covered this, but question to Rafi - Do you guys know if the ISF 08-14 ECU's are interchangeable? Meaning, have you taken the tuned ecu out of your shop car and tried plugging it into a customer's car to see if it works? I'm still tempted to get my hands on a spare ecu if it does in fact work since my F is my only source of transportation, I can't have any downtown of sending it in.
Old 02-25-16, 01:46 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Computer, Engine Control
Production Date: 03/2010-08/2010

Computer, Engine Control
Production Date: 08/2010-08/2012

Not sure of the differences other than mfg dates. They have different part numbers when you try to find them. Looks like they're between $720 and $840. With the newer one being more expensive.
Old 02-25-16, 01:53 PM
LukeRich
Driver School Candidate

Guys, there is no way we will every scam anyone, that is contrary to every principle by which we do business. Either we do it right, or we wont bother doing it.

For example, we recently reported we were working on an upgraded Throttlebody tune. Then we reported it didn't make any power. If we were so inclined, we could show dyno results showing 7-8hp pickup, and make money on an upgraded tune and bigger throttlebody... but we leave that crap for other's to do.

Rafi
As an engineer who uses thermodynamics daily I shake my head at people who use their bro science to null the 3 Laws.
I respect that you tell the truth, hopefully these dyno results stay repeatable, and I will guarantee you will cont. to get business from the folks here.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!