CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-16, 08:36 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
For all socal ISF'rs, if you guys were wondering how much this tune will help your car, I can setup a day where you dyno test your car before and after to see how much the tune helps. The dyno run will be at European Auto Source, a dynojet machine, 3 runs for a very good price! Also, if you need the tune also, I can assist you with that!

-Josh
Hi Josh,

Can you expand on this? How can you assist us on the tune vs. us sending in the ECU ourselves?

Also, once the RR racing OBD flash comes out, will you be able to help us install it onto our cars?

I'm interested, thanks.
Old 02-26-16, 08:49 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

Well guys...my bad luck continues... not RR's fault... but my ECU is lost. USPS said they delivered, but nothing in my secured mailbox. Wish me luck tracking this down.
Old 02-26-16, 09:03 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
Well guys...my bad luck continues... not RR's fault... but my ECU is lost. USPS said they delivered, but nothing in my secured mailbox. Wish me luck tracking this down.
Oh man, I wish you the best of luck.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered a $300 bike helmet, it showed "delivered" but nothing.

USPS was ZERO help since it showed as delivered.

I hope you have a better outcome.
Old 02-26-16, 09:11 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Oh man, I wish you the best of luck.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered a $300 bike helmet, it showed "delivered" but nothing.

USPS was ZERO help since it showed as delivered.

I hope you have a better outcome.
I had a similar issue. Sent a $1600 camera back to the company I bought it from and it was marked as delivered, but the company says they never got it. USPS said that without a signature they could not do anything about it. A $2 signature fee cost me $1600. Ever since then I ALWAYS require a signature with anything I send of value. No exceptions.
Old 02-26-16, 09:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

this is why i use Fedex and UPS. i paid for RR racing to use Fedex, which cost about 3-4 bucks more but was shipped back with USPS. i just sent a pair of 250 dollar shoes as a gift to a friend with USPS that they lost as well. their insurance claim does nothing.
Old 02-26-16, 09:20 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

I chose USPS because we have locked mail and parcel boxes in my neighborhood. UPS/FedEX would either drop at the porch (which I don't trust) or require signature, which i'm not home during the day because i'm at work. You guys are right, USPS insurance doesn't look promising...at all. What should i do to start the ball rolling on a new ECU? As others have mentioned... this car is a 4000lbs paperweight without an ECU.
Old 02-26-16, 09:45 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

I would go to local USPS asap, this has happend to me over the years and have had different experiences but have always ended up receiving the packaging

Either:

1) It was delivered to neighbor, or someone else to you complex by mistake

2) the package is still with the driver and they just marked it delivered and actually delivered the package the very next day

3) They left it in a secure location at your house

Definitely let them know!
Old 02-26-16, 09:58 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k20trick
I would go to local USPS asap, this has happend to me over the years and have had different experiences but have always ended up receiving the packaging

Either:

1) It was delivered to neighbor, or someone else to you complex by mistake

2) the package is still with the driver and they just marked it delivered and actually delivered the package the very next day

3) They left it in a secure location at your house

Definitely let them know!
I hope you are right, I will go to USPS office tomorrow when they open. In the mean time, I've taped a letter to my post carrier and neighbors at the mailboxes regarding package. I've checked my porch, nothing there. Tracking tool specifically says delivered in/at mailbox. Either way.. this sucks.
Old 02-26-16, 11:33 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Hi Josh,

Can you expand on this? How can you assist us on the tune vs. us sending in the ECU ourselves?

Also, once the RR racing OBD flash comes out, will you be able to help us install it onto our cars?

By assistance with the tune, I meant a little discounted price. Same process of sending the ECU to Rafi. I'm pretty sure Rafi will teach me how to use the OBD, so I can assist local ISFs!

I'm interested, thanks.
..That is seriously terrible to hear.. I'll have a talk with Rafi, and maybe we'll change shipping from USPS to FedEx or something.. I hope USPS figures this out..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-26-16, 11:42 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get your answer to my questions Josh lol.

Msgs350, I really hope usps figured this out. I also had a lot of problems with them. I even filed a claim on an insured item and nothing ever happened... :/

This is why I'm afraid of shipping the ECU...specifically for this reason.
Old 02-27-16, 01:15 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

i have no issue with 7200 rpm i recorded those videos but its still in my go pro i mounted on passenger should seat and facing the speed odometer will drive more tonite and load up my is 08 :P so those of u 2011+ are having issue :P
Old 02-27-16, 06:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
..That is seriously terrible to hear.. I'll have a talk with Rafi, and maybe we'll change shipping from USPS to FedEx or something.. I hope USPS figures this out..

-Josh

Guys, when you ship USPS, UPS, or Fedex you can choose "signature required" or "no signature required." If you ship Fedex with "no signature required" it can also get lost.

We have many customers opting for "no signature required" because they don't want to be home when the package arrives.

My advice is always have it shipped "signature required" and ship it either to your work, or to a relative/friend who you know will be home, that is the safest way.

In any case, the package is insured, and msgs350 is not on his own, if the package is truly lost, we will help him get through this.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-27-16 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-27-16, 07:07 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Guys, when you ship USPS, UPS, or Fedex you can choose "signature required" or "no signature required." If you ship Fedex with "no signature required" it can also get lost.

We have many customers opting for "no signature required" because they don't want to be home when the package arrives.

My advice is always have it shipped "signature required" and ship it either to your work, or to a relative/friend who you know will be home, that is the safest way.

In any case, the package is insured, and msgs350 is not on his own, if the package is truly lost, we will help him get through this.

Rafi
Rafi,
Thank you and Simon for the assurance if the ECU isn't located/delivered. This event falls on USPS, the package was shipped, tracked and indicated as delivered in a secured mailbox. I will do what i can on my end (checking with carrier, post office and neighbors). I will wait it out until Monday evening before i start to panic.
Old 02-27-16, 10:18 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck MSGS...reading some of the experiences is for sure going to make me have a signature required and have it delivered to work so I'm there when i get it back.
Old 02-27-16, 12:04 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Re: MSGS' missing parcel...

I was advised that my ecu was sent from PA on 2/9 via USPS "2-day Priority Mail" w/signature required. On 2/11, 2/12 & 2/13 I arranged my schedule to ensure I'd be at home to sign. On 2/13, the tracking website indicated the package was at the local hub @ 7 am. The Postal Employee delivering mail at noon checked her truck, and advised she had no package. 2/14 was Sunday, 2/15 a holiday, and the package arrived on 2/16.

As for RSXIMUS' issue w/the 7200 rpm reflash:

I have not noticed the same issue with my car.

I installed the 7200 rpm ecu on 2/16 and was very interested in how the change from the 6800 limit to 7200 would feel, since we had not seen any dyno plots documenting the upgrade. When the rain stopped for long enough for the streets to dry (2/18), I took the car out for about an hour. In approx 6-7 pulls to the new redline in 2nd & 3rd, the car shifted cleanly with no apparent loss of power or unlocking of the torque converter during the last 400 rpm. The car also seemed to idle smoother & run better at less than WOT.

Took the F on its first extended drive yesterday when I did a lap of the Olympic Peninsula, about 350 miles of rural 2 laners. This road through the rain forest stayed empty & dry for long enough to get in about a dozen 2nd & 3rd gear runs to the redline, and the car seemed to behave like it was supposed to.

Fwiw, my car is a 2008 #0815, I/H/E & stock wheels/tires & suspension. I went with the 7200 limit mostly for drag racing, and don't plan on using those last 400 rpm all that much, esp. after reading the thread about the changes made to the Rcf "bluetop" version of our motor (i.e. smaller crankpin diameter to reduce bearing speed). And I would def. want the 6800 limit with a supercharger.

Dennis

Last edited by tas02; 02-27-16 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!