CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16, 12:34 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02
Re: MSGS' missing parcel...

I was advised that my ecu was sent from PA on 2/9 via USPS "2-day Priority Mail" w/signature required. On 2/11, 2/12 & 2/13 I arranged my schedule to ensure I'd be at home to sign. On 2/13, the tracking website indicated the package was at the local hub @ 7 am. The Postal Employee delivering mail at noon checked her truck, and advised she had no package. 2/14 was Sunday, 2/15 a holiday, and the package arrived on 2/16.

As for RSXIMUS' issue w/the 7200 rpm reflash:

I have not noticed the same issue with my car.

I installed the 7200 rpm ecu on 2/16 and was very interested in how the change from the 6800 limit to 7200 would feel, since we had not seen any dyno plots documenting the upgrade. When the rain stopped for long enough for the streets to dry (2/18), I took the car out for about an hour. In approx 6-7 pulls to the new redline in 2nd & 3rd, the car shifted cleanly with no apparent loss of power or unlocking of the torque converter during the last 400 rpm. The car also seemed to idle smoother & run better at less than WOT.

Took the F on its first extended drive yesterday when I did a lap of the Olympic Peninsula, about 350 miles of rural 2 laners. This road through the rain forest stayed empty & dry for long enough to get in about a dozen 2nd & 3rd gear runs to the redline, and the car seemed to behave like it was supposed to.

Fwiw, my car is a 2008 #0815, I/H/E & stock wheels/tires & suspension. I went with the 7200 limit mostly for drag racing, and don't plan on using those last 400 rpm all that much, esp. after reading the thread about the changes made to the Rcf "bluetop" version of our motor (i.e. smaller crankpin diameter to reduce bearing speed). And I would def. want the 6800 limit with a supercharger.

Dennis
Looks like you have an 08, any 2011+s having the redline problem at 7200 rpm?
Old 02-27-16, 12:46 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Looks like you have an 08, any 2011+s having the redline problem at 7200 rpm?
Guys, after looking into this, my feeling is that all the years are going to behave pretty much the same. It might be more apparent on the 2011 cars as the tach is much bigger and easier to notice the needle.

The TC slips after 6800 but it does not feel like the car stops accelerating.

In any case, the main benefit of the higher rev limit is to get some addition speed in 4th gear if you are drag racing.

Otherwise, I also feel it is better to shift the car manual mode at 6800-7000 WITHOUT hitting the ignition cut, rather than bouncing off the 6800 ignition cut. The ignition cut is aggressive (even though the TC lock is deactivated at 6800) and it can't be good for the timing chain and tensioner in the long run.

Regarding potential shipping problems.... From now on we will not give the customer the option of shipment "without signature." We have never had a package with "signature required" get lost through USPS or FedEx.

-Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-27-16 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-27-16, 10:02 PM
1cleen1JZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

Is there a estimated $$$$ for the supercharger/header combo ?
Old 02-28-16, 05:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1cleen1JZ
Is there a estimated $$$$ for the supercharger/header combo ?

Not yet, but we try to price all our products very fairly, whether its our suspension offerings, exhaust, tuning... etc.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-28-16, 04:54 PM
Rohi123
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody has nitrous on the F's and also got the tune? Would the tune mess anything up with the nitrous?
Old 02-28-16, 08:28 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Rohi123
Does anybody has nitrous on the F's and also got the tune? Would the tune mess anything up with the nitrous?
I think the ignition timing was advanced with the tune to gain more NA power. I believe with nitrous, there is a big chance that you will melt the plugs and or grenade the motor. I will let Rafi chime in since they know specifically what was done with the tune.
Old 02-28-16, 08:30 PM
Rohi123
Driver

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I think the ignition timing was advanced with the tune to gain more NA power. I believe with nitrous, there is a big chance that you will melt the plugs and or grenade the motor. I will let Rafi chime in since they know specifically what was done with the tune.
Thanks man
Old 02-28-16, 09:00 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Your nitrous question was addressed in post #707 on pg. 48.
The search function is your friend.
Old 02-28-16, 09:23 PM
Rohi123
Driver

What did you search? Cuz I can't find it
Old 02-28-16, 11:41 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Going to have to go with a nitrous tune or keep the ECM stock. The added timing isn't good for nitrous.
Here's the post.

Old 02-29-16, 08:41 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
this is why i use Fedex and UPS. i paid for RR racing to use Fedex, which cost about 3-4 bucks more but was shipped back with USPS. i just sent a pair of 250 dollar shoes as a gift to a friend with USPS that they lost as well. their insurance claim does nothing.
Rafi, the same thing happened to me. A few weeks ago I paid the extra few bucks to have my intake and AO separator shipped via FedEx, but it showed up USPS. Is there any reason for that? When I ship my ECU to you guys and pay for FedEx....will it be shipped USPS again?
Old 02-29-16, 09:22 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Any 08s having the TC after 6800rpm after the tune?
Old 02-29-16, 09:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4chico
Rafi, the same thing happened to me. A few weeks ago I paid the extra few bucks to have my intake and AO separator shipped via FedEx, but it showed up USPS. Is there any reason for that? When I ship my ECU to you guys and pay for FedEx....will it be shipped USPS again?

There is no problem with USPS shipping... we have NEVER had a package lost that was delivered with signature confirmation. The customer that posted specifically requested not getting signature confirmation. We had a BBK order just get lost/stolen with Fedex... another case where someone requested no signature confirmation, and it was probably stolen off his porch!

Sometimes if someone selects Fedex but we can get the package out faster with another method, we reserve the right to do that. For example, we have been turning around these ECU re-flashes SAME DAY. But we cannot ship Fedex late in the day because our FedEx pickup is before lunch... so rather than delay the shipment until the following day, we drop it at USPS late in the afternoon.

If you absolutely must have a certain carrier, please put a note in the comment box when you order, and we will ship it Fedex. We just shipped 2 ECU's this morning via FedEx.

We are no longer giving customers the option to have their ECU's shipped without signature confirmation, regardless of the shipping method.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-29-16 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-29-16, 09:45 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRRacing
There is no problem with USPS shipping... we have NEVER had a package lost that was delivered with signature confirmation. The customer that posted specifically requested not getting signature confirmation. We had a BBK order just get lost/stolen with Fedex... another case where someone requested no signature confirmation, and it was probably stolen off his porch!

Sometimes if someone selects Fedex but we can get the package out faster with another method, we reserve the right to do that. For example, we have been turning around these ECU re-flashes SAME DAY. But we cannot ship Fedex late in the day because our FedEx pickup is before lunch... so rather than delay the shipment until the following day, we drop it at USPS late in the afternoon.

If you absolutely must have a certain carrier, please put a note in the comment box when you order, and we will ship it Fedex. We just shipped 2 ECU's this morning via FedEx.

We are no longer giving customers the option to have their ECU's shipped without signature confirmation, regardless of the shipping method.

Rafi
I will be shipping from and to my work....so USPS it is. Just never had much luck with them updating the tracking info until well after the package was delivered.
Old 02-29-16, 10:04 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had sensitive documents (USPS with Signature option checked) left at my door-step..... I have also had a UPS package (outsourced to USPS for delivery for the holidays) thrown up my stairs against my door.

You guys give them too much credit..

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!