CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 08:04 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Agreed.

Rotational mass will make a difference as Drok149 said.

The lighter rotors (2-piece), wheels, even chose of tyre can make a difference here.

I maintain the tune is helping in more ways that outright HP gains. Seems most people report smoother pulls, more in the lower/mid ranges.

Header equipped cars do seem to be making the best outright gains, hence why I am waiting to get the tune after I can afford to add headers to my car.

To then say the supercharger kit won't add much power is just weird?!

Any supercharger will add significant gains compared to I/H/E or mapping alone, provided the tune can be adjusted to compliment it properly.

I personally think this is why the previous attempts to turbocharge or supercharge the F have proven unsuccessful.

Rafi and Simon have done great work for us F'er's thus far. I have every faith they will continue to do so with everything they do.
Old 04-26-16, 08:26 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
KCLV is very important, without having those values for each car your not seeing the full picture. I think it's way too difficult to gauge gains racing each other on the street. .1-.2 difference on a ful 1/4 mile is such a small amount I find it very hard to properly gauge gains given the variables of racing on the street. Curb weight, KCLV, wheels(if not stock), are just a few things that could affect a car length or 2 all other things being equal.
I agree with you 100%.......just wish it was easier for the average F'er to find out the KCLV value without having to get techstream Otherwise guys with the tune are just guessing unless they have prior data for the 1/4 mile and road course to compare the new numbers with the tune.

But like I said I still plan on getting the tune ( I already pre-paid for it back when the tune was first available in early February IIRC). Since the delay of the handheld has been pushed back now for at least a couple months with the software glitch I think it's time to yank out the ECU and send it in
Old 04-26-16, 02:23 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I agree with you 100%.......just wish it was easier for the average F'er to find out the KCLV value without having to get techstream Otherwise guys with the tune are just guessing unless they have prior data for the 1/4 mile and road course to compare the new numbers with the tune.

But like I said I still plan on getting the tune ( I already pre-paid for it back when the tune was first available in early February IIRC). Since the delay of the handheld has been pushed back now for at least a couple months with the software glitch I think it's time to yank out the ECU and send it in
That's what I have recommended to the guys who were waiting on the handheld/ OBD tune. I do believe it will be ready by summer, as they are working very diligently in providing this product to the public. But there is no real timetable for it to enter the market. A few locals have wanted to go ahead and just get the tune, even if they originally didn't want to yank the darn thing out. There's only so much waiting for the handheld, when the physical removal of the ECU has been proven on numerous accounts to work the same way. It's just a matter of convenience, and I've noticed more and more owners wanting to get the tune right away instead of waiting for the OBD option.
Old 04-27-16, 10:37 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^saw the fb post on that 11.9! Congrats!
Old 04-27-16, 10:55 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 08wis250
just seems like a gimmick for any real power gains i doubt thier sc will even add much power
Old 04-27-16, 10:58 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

banned his azzz lolz
Old 04-27-16, 05:59 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So how can I check the KCLV? I have techstream.
Old 04-27-16, 06:28 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the obd handheld allow KCVL values to be returned?

That would sure be nice!
Old 04-27-16, 06:44 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Not gonna lie, the concern around the KCLV is pretty dumb. I've never heard of an aftermarket tune wavering in performance due to knock. That means it's too damn aggressive and is more problematic than good.

I don't want to be driving around wondering if my car is driving at full strength or not. It just should be. If this is a common issue then I'm not overly stoked about a "tune".
Old 04-27-16, 09:13 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
^saw the fb post on that 11.9! Congrats!
Haha that was a different owner. But it is still very impressive to see modified Fs reap the rewards of R&D from aftermarket companies dedicated to the IS F platform, despite it being eight years old and two years after its discontinuation.

I'll be working on my runs this weekend with a few local F members. Hopefully I have similar results, as I have FBO and tune.
Old 04-27-16, 09:15 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Haha that was a different owner. But it is still very impressive to see modified Fs reap the rewards of R&D from aftermarket companies dedicated to the IS F platform, despite it being eight years old and two years after its discontinuation.

I'll be working on my runs this weekend with a few local F members. Hopefully I have similar results, as I have FBO and tune.
Looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 04-27-16, 10:14 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Not gonna lie, the concern around the KCLV is pretty dumb. I've never heard of an aftermarket tune wavering in performance due to knock. That means it's too damn aggressive and is more problematic than good.

I don't want to be driving around wondering if my car is driving at full strength or not. It just should be. If this is a common issue then I'm not overly stoked about a "tune".
I respectfully disagree. The IS-F has 4 knock sensors which I view as added insurance when running the tune. If you fill up with a bad tank of gas, or digest oil it will likely cause a knock and timing will be pulled to protect against engine damage. Our power plants are being exposed to constantly changing conditions and thankfully the ECU adjusts to these changing conditions.
Old 04-28-16, 05:21 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM

Gonna have to disagree, too. This isn't so much an aftermarket tune wavering in performance, it's how the car behaves even under factory parameters, just more conservatively (because Toyota). If anything, the main difference is not as much attention was focused on it, previously, since nobody could do much about it, anyway.

If there isn't any reason to pull timing, the car will operate within the more generous levels specified in the flash. If it has a reason to pull timing, it will...and we should be happy the cost is just a few HP, vs alternative scenarios.

Safest approach? Keep your car stock.
Old 04-28-16, 06:10 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Sorry boys, you must be out of the tuning game. I don't care how many knock sensors you have, that's just fail safes to detect knock. Which you shouldn't have. If you do, there's an issue, which appears to be potentially too aggressive of a tune for a vehicle with variables associated with a street daily driven vehicle.

Nobody else is dealing with these issues I assure you. Literally thousands of other cars running tunes without wondering if the car is operating at full power or not. I'm just pointing out how not normal it is to have your vehicle performance vary by in some reported cases 100hp lol.
Old 04-28-16, 06:46 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Will the obd handheld allow KCVL values to be returned?

That would sure be nice!
It's for programing not data logging.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!