CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 10:06 AM
golfaddict
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rafi,

I'm very interested in getting the tune and the new intake as I currently have PPE/Borla and therefore completely catless. With the KCLV being as important as it is, what is the lowest cost way to read the KCLV value and where can these tools be purchased from? Sorry for the off topic question.

Thanks
Old 05-04-16, 11:56 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,384 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by golfaddict
Rafi,

I'm very interested in getting the tune and the new intake as I currently have PPE/Borla and therefore completely catless. With the KCLV being as important as it is, what is the lowest cost way to read the KCLV value and where can these tools be purchased from? Sorry for the off topic question.

Thanks

Here it is, you can go on Amazon and get this cable for just $20:

Amazon.com: Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software Model: ZB031 Car/Vehicle Accessories/Parts: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software Model: ZB031 Car/Vehicle Accessories/Parts: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you have a newer laptop running a 32 or 64 bit Windows 7-10... then you have to get the latest software from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mztf3wrqa...i5qy1xpoa?dl=0

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 05-04-16, 01:32 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Here it is, you can go on Amazon and get this cable for just $20:

Amazon.com: Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software Model: ZB031 Car/Vehicle Accessories/Parts: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you have a newer laptop running a 32 or 64 bit Windows 7-10... then you have to get the latest software from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mztf3wrqa...i5qy1xpoa?dl=0

-Rafi
Anything for those with Macs?
Old 05-05-16, 01:07 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewISF
Anything for those with Macs?
Just get the cable and run Windows 7 on your Mac with a Bootcamp partition or in emulation mode via Parallels or Virtual Box.

I find the bootleg TIS software runs most reliably under Windows 7.
Old 05-06-16, 04:51 PM
2010ISFU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you get to the KCLV screen/window?
Old 05-10-16, 10:54 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to update if anyone else have new data or experience with their tune.....
Old 05-10-16, 05:39 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
Just want to update if anyone else have new data or experience with their tune.....
Mines still not running as good as it should be. I have tried using octane booster from the auto parts store twice, but my KCLV is still only 19.5 both high and low. I ordered Torco octane booster and will be trying with that as soon as it gets here. Ran at the quarter mile on the 1st of the month and the best I did was 12.9

Last edited by ISFjimmy; 05-10-16 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-10-16, 05:57 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^That's not encouraging
Old 05-11-16, 03:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,384 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF.Jimmy
Mines still not running as good as it should be. I have tried using octane booster from the auto parts store twice, but my KCLV is still only 19.5 both high and low. I ordered Torco octane booster and will be trying with that as soon as it gets here. Ran at the quarter mile on the 1st of the month and the best I did was 12.9

Do you know what your KCLV was before the tune? Can you please contact us at service@rr-racing so that we can maybe figure this out? To the best of my knowledge, we have not heard from you.

If you add say a 1/2 can of Torco, and the KCLV is not going up, then the problem is not aggressive ignition timing, its false knock -- other engine noises may be interpreted as knock and cause KCLV to go down. For example, a low KCLV (in the 17 range) is used by toyota technicians to diagnose valve issues on the LS460 (a well known problem on 08/09 LS's).

KCLV of 19.5 is not optimal, but its not bad either. We have a customer in MA on a 130,000 mile ISF running 11.9 with a KCLV of approx 19.5.

... and one more thing, the fact that this tune makes power has been independently verified by numerous ISF owners. Its even been independently verified (and results posted on CL) on at least 3 CALIFORNIA cars running 91 octane!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 05-11-16 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-11-16, 06:02 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Where do you go in techstream to see the knock level count? I went to Engine ECT monitoring and it doesn't show up. What options do you select when selecting vehicle?
Old 05-11-16, 09:03 AM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Do you know what your KCLV was before the tune? Can you please contact us at service@rr-racing so that we can maybe figure this out? To the best of my knowledge, we have not heard from you.

KCLV of 19.5 is not optimal, but its not bad either. We have a customer in MA on a 130,000 mile ISF running 11.9 with a KCLV of approx 19.5.
The last email I sent you last week (5/2 from James) contained my mods and a picture of my engine bay like y'all requested.

The fact that I used to be able to keep up with my buddy's ISF and now I lose to him every time is what I really don't understand. I don't know what my KCLV was before but I do have before and after videos of us racing. I'm really not saying the tune doesn't work, because I still really have high hopes for it, but I just wish I knew why it's not running as good as it should for me.

Last edited by ISFjimmy; 05-11-16 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-11-16, 09:06 AM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Where do you go in techstream to see the knock level count? I went to Engine ECT monitoring and it doesn't show up. What options do you select when selecting vehicle?
From member Drok149: "Go to engine then data list and scroll to the right I think it's on the 3rd or 4th page"
Old 05-11-16, 11:58 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last email I sent you last week (5/2 from James) contained my mods and a picture of my engine bay like y'all requested.

The fact that I used to be able to keep up with my buddy's ISF and now I lose to him every time is what I really don't understand. I don't know what my KCLV was before but I do have before and after videos of us racing. I'm really not saying the tune doesn't work, because I still really have high hopes for it, but I just wish I knew why it's not running as good as it should for me.
im bothered about this post...i hope you find whatever is holding you back,did you try to reset and do the learning process again?
what mods do you have?
Old 05-12-16, 04:48 AM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
im bothered about this post...i hope you find whatever is holding you back,did you try to reset and do the learning process again?
what mods do you have?
I believe our knock sensors are just very sensitive. Torco seems to be the remedy for this issue. We need to gather more data on the KCLV and get more peoples numbers that are on the stock tune. I just tested my buddies recently and his values were in the 17's on the stock tune. Obviously that's only 1 person but I think it would be beneficial to get more data on the issue. What are people's opinions of decreasing the sensitivity of the knock sensors slightly?
Old 05-12-16, 05:29 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Knock sensors operate at a pretty specific frequency range so it's not impossible to find other causes that may be engaging the knock sensors. I wouldn't go disabling or modifying any safety devices until I knew 100% that I ruled out everything else including ignition causes. Then maybe I might desensitize them but I would want to verify by watching them in real time to see if changing their sensitivity was being harmful or not.

Probably just leave the way Lexus intended though.

Last edited by Bigjon3475; 05-12-16 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!