CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 11:27 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Does anyone know if the tune cleans up the A/F ratio? I have a JoeZ exhaust and recently added PPE headers. Aftet the header install, the smell of the exhaust was so bad (smelled like it was running rich) that i elected to install PPE high flow cats. The cats really cut down on the smell but i hate the fact that i know i lost power doing so. On my NSX i have a full stand alone EMS that is custom tuned for my mods and there is very little smell coming from the exhaust (i have no cats on the car).im hoping that this tune will dial the A/F ratio in with headers and exhaust and cut down on the smell while still perfoming at peak levels.
Old 06-16-16, 11:28 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

I have a tuned intake and tune coming to me right now as we speak! Can't wait to show you guys installed pictures.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-16-16, 11:49 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Aftet the header install, the smell of the exhaust was so bad (smelled like it was running rich) that i elected to install PPE high flow cats. The cats really cut down on the smell but i hate the fact that i know i lost power doing so.
I'm not really a Green guy, but Climate Change is real And I run Hi-Flows, not because of smell but because IMHO, it's the right thing to do. The power loss is really not that great.

Lou
Old 06-16-16, 04:27 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

+1 Lou for the right thing. I too like breathing clean air.

Full disclosure: I will be using a catless setup at the strip, though. Fixated on an 11 sec. et.
Old 06-16-16, 04:45 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm an energy engineer so I think I do enough good on a daily basis to deserve to go catless haha
Old 06-16-16, 07:00 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm in process of transferring from the aerospace industry to big oil. I figure I'll be contributing so much to the destruction of the planet that running a cat isn't enough to keep me from going to hell :P

But am curious, how did you add PPE cats to your system semnos? Just had them welded into the JoeZ?
Old 06-16-16, 08:12 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
I'm in process of transferring from the aerospace industry to big oil. I figure I'll be contributing so much to the destruction of the planet that running a cat isn't enough to keep me from going to hell :P

But am curious, how did you add PPE cats to your system semnos? Just had them welded into the JoeZ?
Yeah, i took it to an exhaust shop and had them welded to the JoeZ mid pipe after the collector but before the O2 sensor. It took a little bit of custom work because the space was too small. They had to move the O2 sensors back about 5 inches so that there was enough room to weld in the cats. They did a really clean job so i was happy.
Old 06-17-16, 07:14 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I'm not really a Green guy, but Climate Change is real And I run Hi-Flows, not because of smell but because IMHO, it's the right thing to do. The power loss is really not that great.

Lou
I didn't even notice the difference, at peak. If anything, it moved things around beneath it and gave me a little more kick in the mid-range, which is where I drive more often.
Old 06-17-16, 07:29 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Yeah, i took it to an exhaust shop and had them welded to the JoeZ mid pipe after the collector but before the O2 sensor. It took a little bit of custom work because the space was too small. They had to move the O2 sensors back about 5 inches so that there was enough room to weld in the cats. They did a really clean job so i was happy.
Anyone know a good exhaust shop in SoCal/LA Area that would do a good job of installing a pair of high flow cats on my JoeZ exhaust?
Old 06-17-16, 09:20 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I have a tuned intake and tune coming to me right now as we speak! Can't wait to show you guys installed pictures.

-Josh
yup, its will deliver tomorrow, so will installing it and post some pictures
Old 06-19-16, 09:58 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hows the sounds while cruising and applying throttle in the lower RPM range? I suppose to a certain extent those that have installed already have headers and exhaust so it's already louder but I'm just wondering as far as intake sound goes did you notice a lot more sound volume before 3.75k rpm's (when second stage used to open)?
Old 06-19-16, 04:33 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Hows the sounds while cruising and applying throttle in the lower RPM range? I suppose to a certain extent those that have installed already have headers and exhaust so it's already louder but I'm just wondering as far as intake sound goes did you notice a lot more sound volume before 3.75k rpm's (when second stage used to open)?
I haven't noticed much if any noise from the intake. Mainly because headers and full exhaust drown out any intake noise that might be there.
Old 06-23-16, 11:21 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

So has anyone verified gains yet on the dyno?
Old 06-24-16, 09:58 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Installed the new intake and tune for Kody, ISF4LIFE..

The car is NOTICEABLY faster. My car which has intake,headers, exhaust compared to his car with RR-tuned intake, tune, headers, exhaust is way faster..

Leaving his house, second gear acceleration 40% acceleration and traction control kicks in.

You can FEEL the tuned intake and the tune.. So worth it, another customer was there at the time and he also drove Kody's car and came back with a huge smile on his face..

I was going to wait for the supercharger but now I don't think I can wait..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-24-16, 11:00 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

here

videos clip drive by will be load up in a few minutes

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread