CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

*** RR Racing Popular Bazooka Exhaust is Back!!! ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-16, 06:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Glad you guys both like it!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-02-16, 07:43 PM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidcausa
Welp got them installed today. Dissapointed that the mufflers are different size so one side sticks out a few inches further. Had to hack my old mufflers in half to get them in the car haha. I'll get videos up soon. One thing for anyone looking at these, THEY ARE LOUD AS @$!#^&*. They sounds great but will take getting used to since I was scared driving 45 minutes home haha.
Is there anyway you cold take pics of how far each muffler sticks out? I'm interested in how that looks as I am looking into getting a set.
Old 07-02-16, 07:45 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I'll snap some pics tomorrow. It isn't noticeable unless you're standing directly above it or have it on the lift and look from underneath
Old 07-02-16, 08:49 PM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 07-02-16, 09:57 PM
NoFsport
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Lol wow people really don't know how to read.

I'm asking about the Bazooka option BY ITSELF. It is essentially just straight pipes with aftermarket tips welded onto it. I'm not asking about the full exhaust, nor am I asking if part of the exhaust needs to be welded to run it.

I'll just wait for Rafi to respond...
Read joez's comment on page 2. Yes it is a straight pipe with tips welded on them but to specific alignment so your bumper won't get melted off. A shop can attempt it but I wouldn't trust it
Old 07-18-16, 12:55 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

just an update: had this on about 3 weeks now, and i absolutely love it.
it is very loud though but i've gotten compliments everywhere ive been.

only problem now is i just got my smog notice
any of you guys tried smogging with this?
Old 07-18-16, 01:50 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

just an update: had this on about 3 weeks now, and i absolutely love it.
it is very loud though but i've gotten compliments everywhere ive been.

only problem now is i just got my smog notice
any of you guys tried smogging with this?
I just got mine too. Come to Westminster/Garden Grove area to get it done.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-18-16, 02:13 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I just got mine too. Come to Westminster/Garden Grove area to get it done.

-Josh
oh what you're gonna run this setup? thought you were running the H&S?

i'll send you a pm
Old 08-07-16, 11:48 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBuyer
Is there anyway you cold take pics of how far each muffler sticks out? I'm interested in how that looks as I am looking into getting a set.
They don't stick out differently if properly installed, the shop that installed mine(SCR performance for any CO F-ers) had to make tiny adjustments but it fits perfectly and stick out roughly the same distance as the OEM tips. The exhaust itself is incredible, unbelievably loud at first but really tones down gets a bit deeper and quieter (relatively) after 3-500 miles. Would recommend this to anyone who doesn't have to worry about waking the neighbors on cold starts. Side note, my avg mpg also has gone up by ~4 since it went on - wasnt expecting that but its a nice surprise.
Old 09-10-16, 02:48 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

First impressions are "what did I just do?"

Holy crap it's loud. I've seen all the video and even listening to it with earbuds in and the volume up videos do not do justice for how loud this thing is. A couple of things to mention.

1. It's hard as crap to do this by yourself and on your back but it can be done. The higher up you can get your car obviously the better.
2. The extension piece for the passenger side rear was slightly too long. That's okay though and it just requires a 2 minute cut and then it went it perfect.
3. I think it's highly improbable you will be able to leave all the clamps and bolts hand tight and be able to adjust this thing by yourself. If you can more power to you. After laying on my back several hours I didn't have the strength.
4. I need to take it to an exhaust place and have them adjust it. The tips are aiming slightly up.
5. There's a shield that goes across the driveshaft. It will need to be bent.
6. You might want to get some of the screw-clips that hold the plastic pieces up on tight against the body. They were a pain and would not unscrew out. I had to cut a few.
7. You definitely need the large shop-type jack if you're going to use one. I was able to use a small parts store model but it was not fun and I'm suffering immensely because of my alligator arm disease.
8. Did I mention this thing is loud? Like wake up the neighbors loud. Like **** everyone off in the neighborhood loud. Car alarm tester loud.

It's so awesome! I'm riding around with this **** grin on my face but what's real fun is watching other people smile and gawk. I guess driving is now going to be an event whereas before no one really even looked at the car so it was always incognito.

Last edited by Bigjon3475; 09-10-16 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-10-16, 10:47 PM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
First impressions are "what did I just do?"

Holy crap it's loud. I've seen all the video and even listening to it with earbuds in and the volume up videos do not do justice for how loud this thing is. A couple of things to mention.

1. It's hard as crap to do this by yourself and on your back but it can be done. The higher up you can get your car obviously the better.
2. The extension piece for the passenger side rear was slightly too long. That's okay though and it just requires a 2 minute cut and then it went it perfect.
3. I think it's highly improbable you will be able to leave all the clamps and bolts hand tight and be able to adjust this thing by yourself. If you can more power to you. After laying on my back several hours I didn't have the strength.
4. I need to take it to an exhaust place and have them adjust it. The tips are aiming slightly up.
5. There's a shield that goes across the driveshaft. It will need to be bent.
6. You might want to get some of the screw-clips that hold the plastic pieces up on tight against the body. They were a pain and would not unscrew out. I had to cut a few.
7. You definitely need the large shop-type jack if you're going to use one. I was able to use a small parts store model but it was not fun and I'm suffering immensely because of my alligator arm disease.
8. Did I mention this thing is loud? Like wake up the neighbors loud. Like **** everyone off in the neighborhood loud. Car alarm tester loud.

It's so awesome! I'm riding around with this **** grin on my face but what's real fun is watching other people smile and gawk. I guess driving is now going to be an event whereas before no one really even looked at the car so it was always incognito.
glad im not the only one haha. i get asked about my car all the time in traffic now. people finally realizing im not driving a 250. I will say though it has quiet down slightly after a couple months. Not much but it sounds more natural. Love it
Old 09-11-16, 05:23 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

glad im not the only one haha. i get asked about my car all the time in traffic now. people finally realizing im not driving a 250. I will say though it has quiet down slightly after a couple months. Not much but it sounds more natural. Love it
It's pretty raspy and raw right now, that's for sure. Even with me wanting to hear the monster I'm still getting better gas mileage. Right now it's 3.8 mpg better riding around the city. I think as the computer adjust that will go down a bit.
Old 09-11-16, 01:41 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

So MPG is up 5 to 17.4. I never got anywhere near that city driving all the same routes. Let's see what happens over the longer term.

Soon as I can find a camera man I will get some videos.
Old 09-11-16, 02:44 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Idk how you guys are getting better mpg, I tried driving normal without getting on it for a couple tanks and lost about 20 miles of range per tank. But I did manage to reach 27 mpg when I drove to Arizona while averaging about 80 mph
Old 09-11-16, 05:29 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Something is wrong. Car is going into limp mode randomly and won't go past 4,000 or so rpms. I hooked up the diagnostic tool and coolant temps are 187°-192° and intake temps were at 88°-110°F so long as I was moving. Then I drive for a while and it's back to normal. It still feels slow though like there was no HP gain. Did you guys reset your ECU? I have RRR tune, drop in filter and HPS intake elbow. I'm wondering if it's not rubbing up against the frame and causing a false knock or something. There were no codes either.

Thanks for the comment about adjusting the exhaust so it's not rubbing anywhere. The whole thing needs adjusting but I got it as close as I could on my back. I'm just going to have to take it to a shop.

Last edited by Bigjon3475; 09-11-16 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: *** RR Racing Popular Bazooka Exhaust is Back!!! ***