CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ISF Supercharger Kit -- Release Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 06:59 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
And just for kicks, I plotted versus the E92 M3 Active Autowerk gen 2 level 2 Supercharger kit:

Looks like we have a lot more torque over Beemer?
Old 01-03-17, 08:20 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,395 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by bbong
Well, we have a lot over the Beemer, like reliability AND torque

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-03-17, 08:34 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, we have a lot over the Beemer, like reliability AND torque

Rafi
These are really good numbers Rafi, loving everything you guys doing for Lexus community, keep it up
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (01-04-17)
Old 01-04-17, 01:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,972 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by bbong
So what? Engine torque isn't important, it just makes you feel good. Gearing fixes all problems with engine torque by making sure the torque at the wheel is correct. Torque at the wheel really is everything. It is the F in F=MA.

If you really want to say something about the BMW curve, the real issue is there is no good shift point for it. It continues to increase power all the way to redline. Ideal shift points are built around the hp peak, because power is what moves you down the road. The BMW power "curve" means all you can do is shift at redline and drop power with every shift. Not at all what I would tune for.
Old 01-06-17, 05:15 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So what? Engine torque isn't important, it just makes you feel good. Gearing fixes all problems with engine torque by making sure the torque at the wheel is correct. Torque at the wheel really is everything. It is the F in F=MA.

If you really want to say something about the BMW curve, the real issue is there is no good shift point for it. It continues to increase power all the way to redline. Ideal shift points are built around the hp peak, because power is what moves you down the road. The BMW power "curve" means all you can do is shift at redline and drop power with every shift. Not at all what I would tune for.

Well if engine torque makes you feel good, then isn't it important? Actually, you are right, having that bottom end torque isn't going to make the car any faster on the track in a straight line situation, but the advantage of the torque is that its so much more relaxing to drive fast, you don't have to shift nearly as much, and you can keep engine RPM's lower at the the track.

I have a video on our youtube channel of our first time at NJMP with the SC. I know the track reasonably well, and did it many times NA... and found myself constantly downshifting when it was completely unnecessary with the SC.

That said, I like the way the Rotrex builds boost very linearly. The car has sufficient torque, but its not overwhelming for the level of traction. I don't understand why Corvettes need those large positive displacement blowers, I think a such a light car would be better off with a progressive linear boost buildup and lower intitial torque output. Even professional race drivers who have driven the Z06 say that the car is very hard to drive without the performance traction management activated at all times.

Rafi

Old 01-06-17, 07:04 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

That said, I like the way the Rotrex builds boost very linearly. The car has sufficient torque, but its not overwhelming for the level of traction. I don't understand why Corvettes need those large positive displacement blowers, I think a such a light car would be better off with a progressive linear boost buildup and lower intitial torque output. Even professional race drivers who have driven the Z06 say that the car is very hard to drive without the performance traction management activated at all times.

Rafi
You're right about the ZO6 Vette Ralphie everything I've read and seen when it comes to the ZO6 on the track it's very difficult to modulate the way the Boost comes on. Thats why the GrandSport is the better of the two options for a track car it's essentially Z06 without the blower and because it doesn't have that blower it's a phenomenal track car.
Old 01-06-17, 10:34 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Weapon F
You're right about the ZO6 Vette Ralphie everything I've read and seen when it comes to the ZO6 on the track it's very difficult to modulate the way the Boost comes on. Thats why the GrandSport is the better of the two options for a track car it's essentially Z06 without the blower and because it doesn't have that blower it's a phenomenal track car.
Yeah one of the corvette LeMans drivers was asked what the difference was between the Corvette C7R and the Z06, and basically he said that the Z06 is a lot more powerful, but comparatively little grip. Without performance traction management, hardly any Z06 driver would be able to control it at the limit.

Rafi

Old 01-09-17, 01:33 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Rafi, so when should those of us who've ponied up the funds for a kit from the first batch expect to receive theirs?
Old 01-09-17, 09:20 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by tas02
Rafi, so when should those of us who've ponied up the funds for a kit from the first batch expect to receive theirs?
Are you Dennis? We tried emailing AND calling you, and neither method works. Please contact immediately, we need your final payment and your kit is ready to go. All other first batch kits have been shipped.

Rafi

Old 01-09-17, 10:59 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: order status

Yes, it's Dennis.

New address:

Last edited by tas02; 02-19-18 at 10:23 PM. Reason: never post your email address on any forum unless you like infinite spam
Old 06-06-17, 10:13 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Rafi,

Can you update the forum members here about the progress with the built 2UR motors that you guys have done? I've seen some pics lately from Wow Auto in Cali showcasing them with the S/C installed................

Curious as to what you guys improved on? And does that mean you guys are working on a bigger blower option since the current Rotrex is maxed out at 7 psi......
Thanks
Old 06-08-17, 06:03 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Rafi,

Can you update the forum members here about the progress with the built 2UR motors that you guys have done? I've seen some pics lately from Wow Auto in Cali showcasing them with the S/C installed................

Curious as to what you guys improved on? And does that mean you guys are working on a bigger blower option since the current Rotrex is maxed out at 7 psi......
Thanks
The engine build we did so far is stock compression and heads, just forged pistons and rods. We are working on a sleeved engine right now, which will ultimately run SC + Nitrous.

Rafi

Old 06-23-17, 08:17 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey All,

I am posting this on behalf of ISFinferno. Eddie is working on some custom carbon fiber engine covers for the ISF Supercharger setup. If any of you who have purchased or are thinking of purchasing the SC are interested, please let us know and we will proceed with this project:

-Rafi
Hello Everyone,

I know we have been super exited to finally see the Super Charger set up for the IS-F and soon RC-f and GS-f. I have been working with Rafi on some Carbon fiber items for the IS-F, RC-f and GS-F. The following items will be available soon. I want to get a feel for what everyone thinks. RR-Racing will be exclusive dealer for the following items. For those who bought the carbon fiber tubing kit you can now have the following;

1. Full carbon fiber engine cover. $625.00
2. Carbon Fiber rear fender arches as found on the RC-f and GS-F. $300.00
3. Carbon fiber window switches (GS-F) (overlay) $750.00
4. Full carbon fiber GS-F and RC-F door sills. (overlay and real carbon coming soon) will need your oem for exchange. $625.00
5. Carbon Fiber mirrors. GS-F, RC-F and IS-F. (overlay) $450.00
6. RC-F and GS-F center trim on the steering wheel. (exchange required) $ 250.00

Many other items coming soon also. Again if you have any question feel free to contact Rafi and he will guide you and answer any and all your questions. Pictures to follow in the next day or so. Keep an eye out fellows.
​​​​​​​
Hey Rafi,

Any updates on this? Guessing should probably go under a separate thread really?!

The mirror overlays would be good.
Old 02-19-18, 10:33 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

OK, so regarding e85 tune, it can be done, but we would need a serious upgrade to the port fuel injectors. That would take a considerable amount of ECU development. Keep in mind, that the port injectors are normally turned off by the ECU above 3500 rpm, and I can tell you all that it was a major project to figure out how to control the port injectors above 3500rpm, when the ECU normally turns them off.

That said, its doable, but first we are going to try to see how much more power we can make with an Aquamist meth injection tune, and then we will try a race gas tune.

We are not crazy about e85, as it tends to gunk up injectors and the actual percent ethanol varies quite a bit. Cars that use e85 effectively and safely typically have a flex fuel sensor that can determine the % alcohol and adjust the tune accordingly -- this is something we will never be able to do on a stock ECU.

BTW, We may even try spinning the SC a bit faster. That said, the same limit on pump gas is really that 520-530whp range given the high compression of the stock motor.

Rafi
Rafi - Following up on my emails here in case others are waiting on this to place an order like I am. Thanks again for all your great work in furthering the Lexus brand! It's your tune after all that convinced me it was time to replace the IS-350 with something more track-worthy.
Old 02-27-18, 11:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Leander311
Rafi - Following up on my emails here in case others are waiting on this to place an order like I am. Thanks again for all your great work in furthering the Lexus brand! It's your tune after all that convinced me it was time to replace the IS-350 with something more track-worthy.
Hi,

Actually the Aquamist meth injection is something that we tried a while ago. For safety reasons, we tested 50/50 mix of water and meth. The gains were no greater than running slightly higher octane fuel. The problem was that we had to inject a lot of water/meth to make a difference. On the street, that's fine... but at the track i went through 2 gallons of water/meth in 20 minutes or less.

That said, currently working on a complete fuel system upgrade for e85.

Rafi

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ISF Supercharger Kit -- Release Announcement