CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RCF ECU tune by RR-Racing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-16, 04:05 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,389 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Great to hear that the RC-F ECU is now tunable. Congrats on this achievement!

Will there be plans to bump the redline up another 400-600 RPMs like on the IS-F tune (in case there's a usable powerband beyond the stock redline)?
Originally Posted by Salil022
Will this ECU Tune and supercharger work on GS F as well? I am assuming ECU is the same.

We can easily raise the engine rev limiter, but that would require a transmission tune which we are not doing at this time.

We have a local GSF, and based on some checking we did so far, its all the same as the RCF, and we will be tuning and Supercharging it soon.

Our plan is to have the Supercharged RCF running and tuned in September, with track testing in October.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-02-16, 05:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

ALL i've ever wanted was a Tune, but WHO'S paying $400 for an extra 5-6 HP?
Old 09-02-16, 05:26 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I wouldn't. I'm sure with some more fine tuning they can get some better numbers though. I thought I read that the GT3 was putting out like 560hp with the same engine as the RC F, but just a better tune??

My interest is in being able to get forced induction. I've always been more of a turbo fan. But I'm open to supercharging too. The 530 whp range is okay for a stage 1 in my book. But I'll have to see the final price.

At some point I will probably want to get over 1000 whp. How much it will cost to upgrade the weak links, if needed, will be the final word on whether or not I actually get that far. That will be some time down the road though... The stage 1 will probably be happening soon.
Old 09-02-16, 07:47 PM
LexusRCF15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance the tune was able to get rid of the lag at WOT btwn 30-40 mph when in Auto and Normal or Sport+ Modes? If it did, then it's worth the money.

IMO the true performance potential of this car is hidden in the transmission and manual mode isn't necessarily the answer. Programmed properly it'll respond quicker in Auto than if in manual mode.
Old 09-02-16, 08:33 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I dont think it is about the 5HP, more about the response and driveability. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old 09-02-16, 09:10 PM
dbturbo2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree, however $400 for a transmission tune would be money well spent.
Old 09-03-16, 04:11 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,389 Likes on 638 Posts

Please look carefully at the dyno results, its not all about just the peak HP numbers, there is a noticeable increase in mid range torque that you can definitely feel and appreciate.

Also, people on here routinely pay $400 for mods that make ZERO power, despite their claims, like Takeda intakes and throttle controllers

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-03-16, 08:48 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

As Rafi stated, the midrange improvement is noticeable. I took a spirited back country ride this morning and I was surprised at the difference. The increased response is quite a pleasure.
Old 09-03-16, 12:36 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Isfast
I dont think it is about the 5HP, more about the response and driveability. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Thanks, i'll definitely be waiting to hear what you think about it. I did get an intake that i probably paid more than i should have but it was Mostly for looks (even some say it adds an extra 8-10hp) with the titanium & the blue & i also got the Apexi Controller & it was a BIG improvement in my opinion (i think i paid around $160 for it & the Best Mod i've did so far) if this tune wakes the RCF a good bit more than it did, then it'd be worth it but i'll wait to get your response!
Old 09-03-16, 01:12 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Intake tube really produced minor results. Headers and exhaust - major step. Tune makes for great midrange drivability. Also the tune took care of the header CEL. All in all the with the suspension, brake, tire and wheel improvements the vehicle is a street and track animal. The supercharger will put it over the top. RR Racing has put together a great package for the overall performance not just one aspect.
Old 09-03-16, 01:46 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Got the tune today. I have already put a 150 miles on the car. The tune is noticeable, but not as noticeable as when I tuned my ISF (as Rafi mentioned). In normal mode, the car does not seem as sluggish as stock. It seems to be half way between normal and sport across the power range. Most noticeable (for me) was between 3500 and 5500 rpm. Only mods on my car are an axle back and intake tube. For me the 400 was worth it for the better response and driveability.
Old 09-04-16, 12:49 PM
wilhem316
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

RRRacing, do you know the location and name of the company in Italy? I might have to visit them. I live in the northern part of Italy and own an US specs RC F.
Old 09-04-16, 08:36 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

For the CEL Delete, does it completely deletes it or just related to O2 sensors from Cat-less headers and exhaust?
Old 09-04-16, 08:50 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm subbing to keep tabs on the FI progress.

There has also been no mention of removing the top speed limiter. I want to go FI, but I also want to remove the limiter.

A breakdown of what's in the supercharger kit along with an estimated price to install and tune would be appreciated. If you have plans to do a turbocharger kit I would be even more interested.
Old 09-05-16, 02:42 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

This shows how good the standard tune is. RR you are doing a great job keep it up cheers from oz.

Quick Reply: New Product RCF ECU tune by RR-Racing!!!