Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

GROM VLine VL2 System for CarPlay Android Auto - Group Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-23, 12:20 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Default GROM VLine VL2 System for CarPlay Android Auto - Group Order

Hello, we are launching a September group order for GROM VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems to add CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereos of Lexus vehicles.

CarPlay using VLine VL2 system with Lexus LS 460 2012 factory car stereo

The VLine VL2 or VLite VT2 systems connect directly to the factory car stereo and display and fully integrate into the existing car stereo system and touchscreen if available. You can use the factory stereo **** controls and buttons to select CarPlay and Android Auto applications. Check more information at https://gromaudio.com

The group ordering period starts today, September 7th, and lasts one week. The product will ship at the end of September.

The group order participants will receive a discount of $120 off the VLine VL2 system or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

If you'd like to participate in the upcoming group buy order, please message us your email and name, and we will add you to the list. You can also send your name and email address via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Here is one of our latest demo videos on Lexus stereo:

Let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
Old 09-09-23, 03:48 AM
donteatbug
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What are the side by side differences in the vline and vlite ?
Old 09-10-23, 08:24 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I see that your listings say that the vehicle retains all factory functionality for the VLine. I just wanted to check that this means literally everything - all audio sources, the backup camera, factory nav, all car menus, etc.

I remember reading a while back that certain functionalities were not retained, but maybe you have updated your product since.

For example, it is very rare that I want to use the factory nav, but I do want the ability in case I have no phone service, since the factory nav satellite service works anywhere.
Old 09-11-23, 12:06 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by donteatbug
What are the side by side differences in the vline and vlite ?
The VLine VL2 offers wireless and wired CarPlay and Android Auto, and also fully functional stand-alone Android interface where you can download any apps directly to the system, without the need for the smartphone. In addition, vLine VL2 offers HDMI-IN and HDMI-OUT, and the integration of the aftermarket backup and front-facing cameras. Note that your original (factory) cameras will keep working after the installation of the VLine VL2 or VLite VT2. You can compare them both here:

https://gromaudio.com/vl_compare.html

Old 09-11-23, 12:12 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by CottageChz
I see that your listings say that the vehicle retains all factory functionality for the VLine. I just wanted to check that this means literally everything - all audio sources, the backup camera, factory nav, all car menus, etc.

I remember reading a while back that certain functionalities were not retained, but maybe you have updated your product since.

For example, it is very rare that I want to use the factory nav, but I do want the ability in case I have no phone service, since the factory nav satellite service works anywhere.
The factory backup camera, factory nav, all menus, climate controls, FM, etc.. will keep working. Factory Bluetooth and most of the audio sources will keep working.

For some models, depending on the Lexus model and year, some functions will be disabled with the installation of the GROM VLine VL2 or VLite VT2 system. For example, for older Lexus stereos, if there is the external CD changer, it must be disconnected for VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 to work.

For some Lexus 2010-2012 stereos (LEX6 and LES6RT models of VLine VL2 / VLite VT2) the factory USB will be disabled as the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 takes over it. However VLine VL2 offers the USB function that you can use instead.

Usually, if there is a factory feature that is disabled, or if there are any limitations specific to the certain Lexus model and year, the product description will state it. You can also let us know your Lexus model and year and we will let you know if there is a factory function that will be disabled by GROM.
Old 09-12-23, 12:43 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

19 GS here, does that mean only the VLite works? The newer one says up to a 2018.
Old 09-13-23, 10:39 AM
Kov
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Is this available for Canadian buyers?

Do we continue to use built-in mic or have to install VLine one?

Thanks

Old 09-13-23, 11:23 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by NickMayer
19 GS here, does that mean only the VLite works? The newer one says up to a 2018.
Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 models will work, you can check here:

https://gromaudio.com/store/all-lex89_.html

You need LEX89

If you will look under the compatibility tab for both products, you will see your vehicle listed.
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (09-13-23)
Old 09-13-23, 11:25 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Kov
Hello,

Is this available for Canadian buyers?

Do we continue to use built-in mic or have to install VLine one?

Thanks
Yes, the Canadian buyers can also participate. It depends on Lexus model and year if you will use the factory mic, or will need to use the one that comes with the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2. Let me know your Lexus model and year and we will let you know if you will be able to use the factory mic.
Old 09-13-23, 11:41 AM
Kov
Driver

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Yes, the Canadian buyers can also participate. It depends on Lexus model and year if you will use the factory mic, or will need to use the one that comes with the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2. Let me know your Lexus model and year and we will let you know if you will be able to use the factory mic.
2013 GS 350

Also, would you happen to have how-to videos for installation process?
Old 09-14-23, 01:46 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Kov
2013 GS 350

Also, would you happen to have how-to videos for installation process?
For 2013 Lexus GS 350 you will use the factory mic. The model of VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 that will fit is the LEX7, please check here:

https://gromaudio.com/store/all-lex7_.html

Install video:

Demo video:

You can check more videos on our YouTube channel youtube.com/gromaudio

Old 09-19-23, 08:46 PM
Lestion
2nd gear

Default 2007 IS250 retain factory mic?

Interested! Is the factory mic retained or do I need to use external? I don’t care either way, but I spend a lot of time on the phone with family so I would want the best sound quality.
I may have missed this, I’d it too late to get into the group buy?
Marc
Old 09-25-23, 12:02 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Lestion
Interested! Is the factory mic retained or do I need to use external? I don’t care either way, but I spend a lot of time on the phone with family so I would want the best sound quality.
I may have missed this, I’d it too late to get into the group buy?
Marc
For 2007 Lexus IS you will use the microphone that comes with the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2. The recent group order is over. We will have the next one early November. We can add your name to the list. Simply send us a private message with your name and email address, or contact us via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Old 09-25-23, 12:36 PM
Lestion
2nd gear

Default VL2 Vlite

Originally Posted by gromaudio
For 2007 Lexus IS you will use the microphone that comes with the VLine VL2 / VLite VT2. The recent group order is over. We will have the next one early November. We can add your name to the list. Simply send us a private message with your name and email address, or contact us via web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html
I sent you a message on the webform. Please include me in the November group buy.
Marc
Old 09-26-23, 10:39 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Lestion
I sent you a message on the webform. Please include me in the November group buy.
Marc
Received the message and added your name and email address to the November group order. Please stay tuned for our email notification. The next group order will start in early November. Thank you!

Quick Reply: GROM VLine VL2 System for CarPlay Android Auto - Group Order