Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-04, 06:08 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just placed my order with Jeremy.

Just in case noone caught that, all orders must be placed by Friday. Start calling guys.
Old 03-09-04, 06:59 PM
OG Member
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by altstadt
Gang, I missed the GB, but had just bought the SC kit for my 93 SC400. I bought the deluxe package with the extra leather, and IMO, it was worth the extra money. The color was Sandstone, with perforated leather inserts. I also bought the door armrests. The quality of the kit was excellent, and except for a few dirt smudges (wasn't that bad, I am just extremely meticulous , and I believe there should not have been one spot of dirt or grease on the leather kit , and it did clean up), and the fact that were no connector "wires" sewn into the center seams on the center inserts (I paid to have them transferred from the old kit to the new one) , I am totally satisfied at this point . The kit has been installed. I started the install myself, and as I got into it, I decided to hire an expert to do it, as I did not want to mess it up. I changed my own timing belt, so I am quite capable of performing detailed repair tasks on my Lex, but, this detail and the additional stitching was not my cup of tea.

The kit has been installed for one week now, and everyone that has seen my car has complimented the leather, its high quality, soft feel, and OEM appearance. The guys at Lexus felt it was even better than the factory leather. The smell in my car is also quite awesome. Smells like a new car Leather is first quality, a great fit, and I feel like I am driving arouind in a new car again .

At this point I absolutely would still recommend the kit. Pics to come.

Altstadt
the additional stitching was not my cup of tea

For those that have installed these seats!

Is there extra stitching needed in order for the install? I was under the impression that it would be a pretty straight forward install with just the removal of the old and install with new hog rings. Please fill me!
Old 03-09-04, 07:29 PM
eericn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my order in today.
Old 03-10-04, 07:05 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ordered mine.
Old 03-10-04, 07:50 AM
teke52
Driver

ordered mine yesterday...woo hoo!!!
Old 03-10-04, 08:25 AM
97SC
Rookie

Ordered mine yesterday also, gotta love credit cards (thank god this is the only thing currently charged on mine)
Old 03-10-04, 08:38 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Twinkie2000: There shouldnt be any extra stitching involved. I am not sure who installed his interior, but basically everything comes pre-sewn and in the last 4 years of me working here I have never seen an SC interior that had to be sewn at all. In fact, there is only 1interior, old Supra seats, I know of that needs any sewing and even that install can be done with stapling instead of sewing. Anyways if you want to order please call before the end of the week.

Everyone: I have 7 people's confirmed orders and about 3 other people I am going to call back today because I missed their calls. I should basically have 10 from the past 2 days, but you all need to get those orders in by Friday. If there are some kind of circumstances that prevent you from doing this please let me know and I will try to make some arrangements for you, but I need all orders by Friday to be included in this Group Buy.

Jeremy
1-866-NEW-SEAT
jeremy@leatherseats.com
Old 03-10-04, 08:49 AM
OG Member
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

My orders In

Only a couple of days left! ! !
Old 03-10-04, 09:35 AM
1noless
Driver School Candidate

Jeremy, once I get the samples I'll give you a call. I just need to decide on the best color match for my interior. You can put me down for a purchase, just gotta pick my colors.

Bernard
Old 03-10-04, 09:59 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gents, I am not denigrating Leatherseats.com's workmanship or quality. Quite thje contrary, I applaud it. You can't even come close to touching this quality for this price. And, the quality at this point in the game, is as good as or better than Lexus OEM Leather IMO. I am exceptionally meticulous, and I wanted the seats to be installed in equal fashion to OEM, so, I had them do the extra stitching on the seat covers. I have attached a pic with 4 circles drawn around the exact areas where there was no plastic wire attachment sewn in for hog ring attachment to my seats. It was this way on both front seats, the front cushions and the center insert stitch was the same on the rear bench and the cushions. I contacted Leatherseats.com and asked about this, and they mentioned that the center insert seam did not need to be hog ringed down because the rest of the insert edges would be. I chose to have that extra done because of my "analism". I would post a pic of my seats but I am experiencing technical difficulty with my USB cable, so, I chose Greg Holden's seat as a sample seat.

Altstadt
Attached Thumbnails Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...-stitching-pic-2.jpg  
Old 03-10-04, 10:01 AM
AaronE
Pole Position

Just ordered.

PS. Jeremy, in the future, you might want to have folks PM you their phone number in the beginning so that you'd be able to call when the group buy ends. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who haven't been checking this post every day for the last 6 weeks (like I have!) and don't know that the GB is ending. just a thought...
Old 03-10-04, 11:48 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Doug Nellans: Someone under this name called in while I was gone yesterday and left a return number for me to get back to them, but unfortunately I think it was taken down wrong because it isnt working. Please call me back as soon as possible or e-mail me a number I can reach you back at. Sorry for the confusion... you dont have to post back if you want to keep your name a secret just contact me when you get a chance. 1-866-NEW-SEAT or jeremy@leatherseats.com

We currently have 10 people who have already ordered.

Jeremy

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 03-10-04 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-10-04, 04:39 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

That's me! Sorry for the confusion. I will try to call ya again tomorrow Jeremy.

Thanks,

DN
Old 03-11-04, 10:30 AM
SLEXC400
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just placed my order with Jeremy! ...

--- George
Old 03-11-04, 03:19 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

I have 17 orders and have 2 people returning calls to finish up their orders so we are up to 19. Anyone else who wants to be on this group buy please call in ASAP. We are trying to close it down by FRIDAY.

Jeremy

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...