Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 05:47 PM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed mine in my Legend, and it is pretty straightforward. I am debating on getting leather as mine is in pretty good shape in my SC.
Old 01-31-04, 09:28 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

SORRY, BUT IN MY HONEST OPINION THESE PRICES ARE NOT THE BEST PRICE, SPONSER PRICE SHOULD BE MORE NEGOTIABLE, WITH MY LS400 I CAN GET THE WHOLE INTERIOR WRAP WITH LEATHER ALONG WITH THE SIDE PANELS, I CAN HAVE CARBON FIBER LEATHER, DOUBLE STITCHED FOR AROUND 600.. AND THEY DO ALL THE WORK, SO IN REALITY THIS IS NOT A GOOD PRICE.. ATLEAST TO MY OPINION .. NOT SOMETHING THATS LIKE AMAZINGLY CHEAP..
Old 02-01-04, 03:23 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy,
Do you have a 2004 Toyota Matrix pattern available? If so, I would like to upgrade the cloth interior in my matrix with some leather!

My GS and 745 leather are fine for now.

Cutecboy...interesting AVATAR...
Old 02-01-04, 05:09 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

its more then just interesting.. its amazing

Originally posted by GS4fun
Jeremy,
Do you have a 2004 Toyota Matrix pattern available? If so, I would like to upgrade the cloth interior in my matrix with some leather!

My GS and 745 leather are fine for now.

Cutecboy...interesting AVATAR...
Old 02-01-04, 07:32 PM
Gixer 1000
Driver

Default count me in

My $ will be ready in 2 weeks.
Old 02-01-04, 08:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally posted by cutecboy
its more then just interesting.. its amazing
it will also be removed by administration since you have not read our forum rules.
Old 02-01-04, 09:49 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is installation if I show up in Oklahoma City? How long would it take?
Old 02-02-04, 02:29 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Guys the install is truly straight forward. I have never done a thing to leather or the interior seats in my car. I just took them out of the car, then got a pair of wire cutters to remove the rings holding the stock material onto the foam seats. Then remove the material from the car. The headrests just slide on and off as do the armrests. Then I put the new material onto the seats and used a kit to squeeze the new hog rings around the new leather and attached it to the foam seats. It is a bit time consuming, but it is definately a DIY project.

Leatherseats.com quality is hands down better than stock. Mine has been on for near 8 months or so and the wear is better than stock. It has a warranty to prove the quality. They offered to customize stitching, piping, pattern, etc. It is truly the best option I could imagine. I kept the stock functionality of my seats, yet I have the sporty look of an aftermarket seat... all cheaper.

They even did my shift boot, ebrake boot, and steering wheel!!!

Here is a link to my interior:

Old 02-02-04, 02:36 PM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

When is this group buy over? I may be interested.

I'm curious how the door panels are done. I know the seats are pretty easy. Memory tells me that those door panels don't come off.

In this pictures Marc, your door panel is stock

in this one it's not.

Last edited by SophieSleeps; 02-02-04 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-02-04, 02:41 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by SophieSleeps
When is this group buy over? I may be interested.

I'm curious how the door panels are done. I know the seats are pretty easy. Memory tells me that those door panels don't come off.
The door panels do not come off. You actually install it over the existing material. I took mine to a shop because I wasn't sure I could do it perfect. If you do it yourself, you can use spray adhesive and a butter knife to tuck the material.
Old 02-02-04, 02:46 PM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

Kool thanks. I thought that was probably the case. Does it seem any thicker than stock? Does it seem like marshmallows stuffed in cup with the edges protruding?
Old 02-02-04, 02:49 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by SophieSleeps
Kool thanks. I thought that was probably the case. Does it seem any thicker than stock? Does it seem like marshmallows stuffed in cup with the edges protruding?
I honestly think you couldn't tell it isn't stock that way. I really is not thicky or mushy at all. I ever showed it to the dealer, and they absolutely loved it. The doors actually are probably my favorite part. It really makes the doors stand out on the car. I was really avid about making the three lines still show, and they did a perfect job meeting my standards and needs.

Last edited by Turbo'd_Wxman; 02-02-04 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-02-04, 04:12 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

im in now...

CEO
Old 02-03-04, 01:12 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone. I was out in NJ on a little personal trip. WXMan is one of our sponsors who did the install himself. We also did his wheel and shift/e-brake boot. Anyways the picture I originally posted with the door panels not done was before he had taken them to get done. Some guys from here at the shop drove out there to take some pictures of the completed interior. His pictures are more up to date.

GS Update: I have about 3 guys that are interested in sending in their covers, so we should have the pattern by the end of the group buy.

Now I will try and start from the beginning where I left off and answer everyone's questions...

Roguenode: I responded to your PM. The board owners set up my user name on here and defaulted my location to Illinois, but we are really located in Oklahoma City. If you are willing to send the covers in still then we can work on them for sure... e-mail me and I can give you the details.

Ummagawd: I will post a picture of a tan/black SC interior we did. I think it was a Featured Lexus on here a while back in fact. This will hopefully give you some kind of idea of what the two-tone might look like.

Buuzy: They get can REALLY expensive, but you should be able to find someone around town willing to do the vehicle for around $250-$350. This depends somewhat on the area you live in and also on what kind of Lexus we are talkin about.

JDM SC4: They full leather seating surfaces on the front buckets with vinyl on the sections that wrap under the bucket and around the backside. This should be almost identical to factory standards. The back bench is leather inserts with vinyl surrounds so the main portion of the seat where a person would sit on either side is leather, but the surrounds of that is vinyl. This is a little more vinyl that factory, but we sell a ton of these because its a perfect match as far as looks and hardly anyone sits in the rear seat of a Lexus. The premium upgrade option makes that rear bench full leather seating surfaces so that the vinyl is on the pieces that wrap around underneath and behind like the front buckets. This is a $100 option. This is a little hard to explain in typing and without pictures so if you e-mail me at jeremy@leatherseats.com I might be able to come up with something a little more understandable if I didnt explain well enough here.

Volk: I am back in town and would love to hear from you. 1-866-NEW-SEAT.

Hameed and Squarehat: I have been trying to find the color, but it seems to be a pretty rare thing to find. I have checked all the major tannery's and none of them have it so I am not sure where Lexus is getting it from. There seems to be a few new "orange/reddish tans" coming out on the market that are terribly hard to track down. I am not sure if it is just because they are fairly new or if it is that they have some kind of patten on the color. Anyways I am keeping my eyes open for the colors and if I can find them that will meet our quality standards then I will definitely let the whole board know.

AaronE: I will put you down on the list.

Spartan and all members of ClubLexus: I can understand the pause in purchase for sure. They are very good warnings and here are some of my responses with your concerns with our product.

#1. Very true and I hopefully have already addressed some of this in this post and on previous posts. If you read what I told JDM SC4, it should explain our different leather/vinyl combinations available. We basically can make covers from 100% vinyl to 100% leather, but our two most popular selling packages are described on here.

#2. It is a different leather, but is higher quality then what Lexus has generally used in their cars. The reason for this is because no one would buy our product if it wasnt just as good or better than OEM. Most aftermarket products that have to conform to factory looks and standards are like this. Our competition is "the original" so we have to make it better. The only thing I somewhat disagree with this is that as long as the leather and vinyl are of a decent quality and you have the correct pattern you should not have it become "baggy" over time. In fact, it only gets better after a month or so of sitting in it because it starts to fit into all the small contours and crevices more and more. The only other thing that would cause a lose fit would be the foam. The foam can get lots of wear over time and can lose its original shape, but most customers know before hand if this has occured with their seats because the seats are usually pretty uncomfortable. This can easily be fixed with restuff the seat with a little more foam bought from Hobby Lobby or an upholstery shop. Our seat covers also help because we put a quarter inch of extra padding on the backside of the cover and since these are brand new without any stretching, they will pull the seat back into more of an original shape.

#3: The durability is some of the highest in the industry. We offer a 3yr warranty on our product to stand behind it. It will meet and exceed OEM standards.

#4: I do disagree with this because the installation process is very simple. There are no permanently affixed plastics in any seat that I have run across in the last 4 years of installing these. You can install these with no prior experience and come out with a factory look alike. There are some installs that turn out better than others, but thats mainly because you will have one person that takes his time and another person that rushes threw to job. I prove these with Turbo'd_WXMan's interior and the SC interior I posted. Both of these were done by people with absolutely ZERO prior experience.

TTurboPimp: Good informative post. Very well stated. Thanks

Camshaft: There are 4 confirmed and 1 that is waiting on some money but wants in. So 5 so far...

siniquez: I added you to the list, and yes we do sell bulk material in both vinyl or leather. Vinyl provides a leather look for a cheaper price so if you messed it up once it isnt a big deal. Vinyl is $15 a yard and Leather is sold by the quarter-hide for $75.

Bazz2: I will respond to you today, but we do ship to the UK. I'll have to give you a quote on shipping by e-mail.

cutecboy: If you can find that kind of deal with automotive grade leather and all the labor done then I would go for it.

GS4fun: I do have the 04 Matrix pattern available. Contact me for pricing, jeremy@leatherseats.com.

Hermosa: What kind of Lexus are we talking about? Contact me also at jeremy@leatherseats.com for pricing.

SophieSleeps: The group buy will basically end when the majority of the people on the list say "I want to go ahead and order and this is enough people", or when the interest in this dies down and there isnt any new people wanting to join the list. Usually I dont want them to run over 3-4 weeks, but if there is a ton of interest and the people on the list dont mind waiting it might go longer. I plan on hopefully having these every few months depending on the results we get with this one.

To everyone else... let me know if you go any questions... I will be here on here every day Monday-Friday and sometimes on the weekend to answer these questions. Keep them coming...

Jeremy
www.leatherseats.com
jeremy@leatherseats.com
1-866-NEW-SEAT
Attached Thumbnails Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...-sc-black-and-sand1.jpg  

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 02-03-04 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 01:38 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Just so people know, I had the same concerns that I am reading here. I worried about the leather not fitting snug and the "baggy" look. I was concerned where there would be vinyl and where there was leather. I recieved the kit and installed it. The concerns were gone. As you can see in my pics, the leather fits identical to stock on my car. My car is a show car and anything less than perfect is simply not acceptable on my car. Leatherseats.com met my quality standards and made me a very happy customer. Once you fellas see the quality, I am sure you will be saying the same thing as me.

Quick Reply: Leatherseats.com Lexus Group Buy...