Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** GB on Apexi Dual World Sport II Exhaust, New Design!! ** 2nd Gen GS **

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-04, 12:01 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cat-Back system Hameed....also got your email, I'll be in touch about it,thanks
Old 02-20-04, 12:15 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally posted by SUPRATRD
Cat-Back system Hameed....also got your email, I'll be in touch about it,thanks
This means all way from the front of the car right (from the catalytic converter backwards)? Pardon my stupid question.

Will this muffler fit with the L-sportline rear bumper without any modifications? I am curious to know that simply because I plan to upgrade my rear bumper sometime this year.
Old 02-20-04, 02:39 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct.replaces the center pipe with resonators and rear mufflers...............just like in LXOGOOD's post here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=106847

First pic..........also has the CarsonTuned Mid-pipe between them.
Old 02-20-04, 06:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

richie, you know i was kidding

hameed, yes, look into my gallery, i have tons of pics of the exhuast. mine is the first gen, but it looks the same.

it's cat back, all the way from the first cat to the tip are new. the apexi doesn't ahve resonators though, so it's a bit louder than other exhuasts out there
Old 02-21-04, 04:25 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by rominl
it's cat back, all the way from the first cat to the tip are new. the apexi doesn't ahve resonators though,
so it's a bit louder than other exhuasts out there
Hi Henry, does it have the annoying drone between 1900 rpm and 2100 rpm that the L-tuned muffler has?

When you say louder, how much louder is it than the L-tuned one? Louder is not bad so long as it is not too loud at cruising speeds. I think loud all the time will be annoying. Please let me know.

Also, would this fit with the L-sportline rear bumper?

Last edited by Hameed; 02-21-04 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-21-04, 07:27 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hameed- I know our cars are alot different, but we both have the 1UZ-FE and every exhaust that I have had has had the exact drone that you are speaking of - even my old borla set up... the new JIC that I have sounds awesome, but its drone at those RPM is pretty bad (I get some vibrations- I know vibrations in a LEXUS!! - just thought I would share with you that it will probably be hard to find a system with out that drone...

Last edited by sc400texas; 02-21-04 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-21-04, 11:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hameed
Hi Henry, does it have the annoying drone between 1900 rpm and 2100 rpm that the L-tuned muffler has?

When you say louder, how much louder is it than the L-tuned one? Louder is not bad so long as it is not too loud at cruising speeds. I think loud all the time will be annoying. Please let me know.

Also, would this fit with the L-sportline rear bumper?

yeah we are talking about a v8 engine here, so the drooling is always there. at 2000rpm my exhaust drool the most. but it's only on 2nd and 3rd gear though i notice. say when i am crusing on the freeway doing 80mph, i don't hear anything at all. all the sounds are outside. i only get drooling when i am in stop and go traffic.

l sportline bumper, i really have no idea though. i don't know of a guy with the apexi and lsportline. i knoe it fits ugo, classy sport design, and rmm/explosion pretty well
Old 02-21-04, 09:06 PM
roller400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a DIY, or do I have to have a shop install them?
Old 02-22-04, 12:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by roller400
Is this a DIY, or do I have to have a shop install them?
if you have couple of jack stands and comfortable working underneath the car, its not a big deal
Old 02-22-04, 04:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

yeah we are talking about a v8 engine here, so the drooling is always there. at 2000rpm my exhaust drool the most. but it's only on 2nd and 3rd gear though i notice. say when i am crusing on the freeway doing 80mph, i don't hear anything at all. all the sounds are outside. i only get drooling when i am in stop and go traffic.

l sportline bumper, i really have no idea though. i don't know of a guy with the apexi and lsportline. i knoe it fits ugo, classy sport design, and rmm/explosion pretty well
Hmmmmm.......... I never considered that there would be a second problem as you mentioned - 'drooling'.............. Does that spray cars behind you? I guess that would be a problem for those cars not you!! LOL

On the other hand I will just stick to my L-tuned just in case you meant 'droning'. It does not make sense to switch out my L-tuned to the Apexi unless there is a noticeable difference in hp increase from one to the other.

Last edited by Hameed; 02-22-04 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-23-04, 12:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hameed
Hmmmmm.......... I never considered that there would be a second problem as you mentioned - 'drooling'.............. Does that spray cars behind you? I guess that would be a problem for those cars not you!! LOL

On the other hand I will just stick to my L-tuned just in case you meant 'droning'. It does not make sense to switch out my L-tuned to the Apexi unless there is a noticeable difference in hp increase from one to the other.
note to self: don't answer hameed's question anymore

well i am pretty sure the apexi will be louder than the ltuned, coz' it's cat back (wider pipe with no resonator). i have driven neo's gs300 with ltuned and it's definitely not as loud. but then his isn't v8
Old 02-23-04, 12:51 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

note to self: don't answer hameed's question anymore

well i am pretty sure the apexi will be louder than the ltuned, coz' it's cat back (wider pipe with no resonator). i have driven neo's gs300 with ltuned and it's definitely not as loud. but then his isn't v8
You must be tired from the travelling.

I had L-Tuned tips so you would not have heard anything but stock.

Still, I don't think you drove it with that setup but with the RMM.
Old 02-23-04, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
You must be tired from the travelling.

I had L-Tuned tips so you would not have heard anything but stock.

Still, I don't think you drove it with that setup but with the RMM.
wait you have rmm? oh crap @_@ i need to sleep....
Old 02-23-04, 09:45 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rominl - What are your thoughts on the loudness compared to a Greddy exhaust ? I have the Greddy , but my new exhaust will have to be quiter and smaller tips.
Old 02-24-04, 01:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by 1niceride
rominl - What are your thoughts on the loudness compared to a Greddy exhaust ? I have the Greddy , but my new exhaust will have to be quiter and smaller tips.
\

oh mine is DEFINITELY quieter, quite noticeable i have to say. you can take a look at our exhaust competition video for yourself:

http://www.lexusgonewild.com/norCal_...xhaustComp.htm

mine is the first car and there are couple of guys with greddy. i have also sat in a car with greddy before, and although my car has some droning at 2000rpm, it's definitely MUCH less than that of the greddy

Quick Reply: ** GB on Apexi Dual World Sport II Exhaust, New Design!! ** 2nd Gen GS **