Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sound Deadening Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 02:10 PM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Deadening Group Buy

Hey all. This is the first Group Buy I've done here so I thought it would be easiest to ease into a little bit.

The item we are putting up for Group Buy is a pretty bad *** liquid deadener for your car. I know everyone here and thier mother has probably used dynamat and the like, etc. etc.

Elemental Designs (we) recently released a liquid deadener version 3.0 that we feel is a pretty sweet solution.

The Deadening Group buy we are running is for 1 Gallon, (will cover roughly 40 sq ft.) + s/h on the item. Regular cost is 65 + shipping so believe it or not you do make a savings of a good deal with it. Finding deadening as cheap as the 65 price is hard enough.

The Group Buy is located @ http://www.edesignaudio.com/miva/mer...Category_Code=

A little about the product can be found @ http://www.edesignaudio.com/edead.htm

Personal thoughts on it.

Is it better than mat deadening? All depends on who you talk to. I personally think yes, it's a lot better. It's easy to install (just paint it on) as thick as you want (you determine the results) in as many thin layers as you could want. dollar for dollar for the coverage area it doesn't cost anymore than mat. Doesn't smell like asphualt, protects against rust, is waterproof and doesn't break down over time so it lasts longer. It has superior adhesion and heat resistance as well. All in all the stuff is a great solution.

There are a few rediculous videos of it's application @

http://www.edesignaudio.com/demon & http://www.edesignaudio.com/demon2

I've used this in every car I've worked since we got it. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Anyhow. It's good stuff, easily affordable, obviously. Let me know if you guys have any questions. To jump on the group buy you pretty much just follow the link above and purchase it, and we'll ship it. It's in stock, ships same day (if ordered before 1PM Iowa Time) and we'll take care of the rest with a tracking number etc etc.

Web site is all secure and everything else. You can also get some more research and questions at www.icixsound.com if you'd like regarding the eDead v3. If you have any questions please just ask!

Ben
bmilne@edesignaudio.com
Old 07-13-04, 06:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very interesting stuff, gonna do more research tonight. couple of questions

1) 40 sq ft, in your opinion, enough to cover doors, trunk, floor, and under rear seat?
2) shipping is 10lb, what dollar value does it usually translate to?
Old 07-13-04, 06:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

very interesting stuff, gonna do more research tonight. couple of questions

1) 40 sq ft, in your opinion, enough to cover doors, trunk, floor, and under rear seat?
2) shipping is 10lb, what dollar value does it usually translate to?
3) when will the gb end?
Old 07-14-04, 08:16 AM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Rom-

I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Depending on how thick you chose to apply it.

For comparisons sake. 2 thin layers of v3 would be equal to 2 layers of v1. So realistically you don't NEED to gob it on but some people chose to go pretty overboard.

Applied correctly I'd say a gallon in a car with a big trunk can do your trunk and doors. You'd want another gallon to do the entire floor of the vehicle though without a doubt.

Shipping wise. It's UPS calculated shipping through the online cart so realistically in shipping I'd guess most people would come in 12-15 bucks for shipping. You can do a walk through on the online cart and see a exact shipping total as well before you were to order it.

Unfortunatly our live system I can't link directly in this window but if you go to www.edesignaudio.com/contact and click on the Live help window.

Basically if you have a question. Pop on there and ask for instant answers when the operators are online.

As for when it ends. No real date in mind. few weeks or so?

Last edited by kaosmoon; 07-14-04 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-14-04, 09:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

doh, never thought about that i can find the shipping by proceeding. thanks for the info! time to file in my application (to wife) and see what she says.

thanks for the great info, i am sure it's helpful to a lot of people
Old 07-14-04, 09:48 AM
kaosmoon
Rookie

No problem at all. Feel free to ask if anything pops up!
Old 07-16-04, 04:58 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

This stuff does seem very interesting. I've been considering using Dynamat in my trunk to help reduce exhaust drone. The liquid eDead seems like it's much easier to use.

How long does it take to dry? And is there any way to remove this later on if you wanted to for some reason?
Old 07-16-04, 07:56 PM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Originally posted by bchau_gt
This stuff does seem very interesting. I've been considering using Dynamat in my trunk to help reduce exhaust drone. The liquid eDead seems like it's much easier to use.

How long does it take to dry? And is there any way to remove this later on if you wanted to for some reason?
Well the good news is. Liquid / latex based deadener is more durable. but easier to remove.

Just don't get it on the paint. It can be scraped off much like a asphualt based deadener. Big advantage though. You aren't messing with nasty tar. It can be scraped off almost like a hard past.

As for drying time we normally recommend 30 minute to an hour in between layers. Normally when I'm installing it I just start paint one large area and by the time i get to the other side where is started is dry enugh to start up with.

It has a shelf life of about 1 year so if you don't use it all in one day or one application it won't go to waste either.
Old 07-16-04, 07:57 PM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Also,

normally we recommend to people it's above about 40 degree F when they install it.

Although being in cali i doubt you'd have any problems with it.

You can also find some more information @ http://www.icixsound.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24.

Last edited by kaosmoon; 07-16-04 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-18-04, 07:24 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

not to shabby...im still kind of skeptical about liquid deadeners but maybe 50-60 bucks isnt that bad of a sacrifice to try this stuff out
Old 07-19-04, 08:25 AM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Originally posted by joshoowa
not to shabby...im still kind of skeptical about liquid deadeners but maybe 50-60 bucks isnt that bad of a sacrifice to try this stuff out
Totally understood Josh.

If I may offer some solice at least. We've been now selling our own rendition of the liquid damping prodct now for probably 6 months. In that 6 months period we've had two unhappy customers.

What did they do?

One painted over the holes in their door panel so their door clips didn't click back in. THey called us telling us v3 ruined their car. When in reality they just put it over their door clip holes

The second unhappy customer. Well. totally our fualt. We shipped them a half full container

We just don't get people unhappy with it. Let me know if you have any application specific questions I can / could help you with.
Old 07-19-04, 09:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am still laughing about the first case, and i am happy that you guys are so frank about telling us what happened in the second case. props!
Old 07-19-04, 10:08 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Hmmm, I'm still on the fence on purchasing this stuff. I don't doubt that it works, but I'm wondering how much it would help with exhaust drone. Do you guys have any experience with that type of application? How much does it help?

Couple other questions:
How thick is a single layer after it's applied and dried?
Can you guys produce any other colors?

Considering the approximate 1-year shelf-life of this stuff, I might just go ahead and buy this stuff to try it out. And I guess I could scrape it off if I didn't like it.
Old 07-19-04, 11:43 AM
kaosmoon
Rookie

Originally posted by bchau_gt
Hmmm, I'm still on the fence on purchasing this stuff. I don't doubt that it works, but I'm wondering how much it would help with exhaust drone. Do you guys have any experience with that type of application? How much does it help?

Couple other questions:
How thick is a single layer after it's applied and dried?
Can you guys produce any other colors?

Considering the approximate 1-year shelf-life of this stuff, I might just go ahead and buy this stuff to try it out. And I guess I could scrape it off if I didn't like it.
Good questions.

Currently I'm driving a 20th Anniversay VW Golf with the louder exhuast. Interior exhuast noise was definitly decreased after application. Doesit remove it? NO, not by any means.But it did reduce it and the resonance in the back of the vehicle a little bit, to the point anyway I can't hear the resonance like I used to. Which I enjoy.

Can't change the color. But you can by adding something to the mix. We don't suggest it. Since it's almost 100% always used behind panels or under carpet where you don't see it anyway we thought the blue was a good color. Lets people know when they missed a spot and especially when they missed something. That and when you look @ it.. it strikes people to say 'what's that'

a single layer is similar to using a single layer of our v1 mat. Except the first layer. The first layer becuase most people don't paint it on uniformly (it's simply hard to do) doesn't really count imo as a contributing layer. It's more of a foundation layer.
Old 07-19-04, 12:03 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds interesting. I guess I have some reading to do.

Quick Reply: Sound Deadening Group Buy