Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-04, 01:01 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Is it possible to get the Massage option seperate on the stock seats? Just wondering...
Old 07-23-04, 07:06 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man...if I get enough B Day money on the 6th, I'll be all over this

Oh the good old days.
Old 07-23-04, 07:45 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the first gen gs 93-97 have to have premium leather upgrade too? or is that only for 2nd gen gs. BTW add me on the list.
Old 07-23-04, 10:25 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

How do these work with the aribags in the seats?
Old 07-23-04, 11:11 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

1NewLexIS300: Is there anything you want to know about those options?

RRocket: Yes you can buy the seat heater/massager at any time you like. You will have to remove your stock leather to install the kit so most the time we sell it with a leather kit. Killing 2 birds with one stone kind of thing. No reason not to redo the leather if you are going to have to take it off anyways. Unless of course its still in good condition.

jmai22: Yes the 93-97 has to have the leather upgrade because the pattern doesnt allow for a leather/vinyl combo on the rear bench. The leather upgrade really is an upgrade and isnt just a mark up kind of thing. You are actually putting in an extra $100 worth of leather into the rear bench. Anyways on all the GS's, we are only selling with the leather upgrade package.

Fisher503: What vehicle do you currently have? I will make sure it does comply with any new seat airbag regulations. I know all the patterns of the cars that have side impact airbags that we have are airbag compliant, but I will make sure on whatever pattern you are speaking of. I think the only cars that we have patterned that have the option of coming with the SIA is the IS300, GS430, and maybe the newer LS. I know our IS300 pattern is compliant.
Old 07-23-04, 12:26 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wanted to get into the first group buy but I didn't have the funds then, so I am really excited about this now!

However I'd like a few suggestions first!

The leather in my seats is not only extremely cracked, but the seats have lost their "plush"ness.. I'm sure this is in large part due to the leather, but also I'm sure I could use some restuffing of the seats..

I have a 94 LS400, Silver, grey interior..

What kind of leather will look good? I was thinking instead of sticking with the semi-ugly grey leather I'd love to switch to black leather.. how do you think this will look if my interior carpet remains grey? Should I get matching black door inserts? I think black leather on silver exterior is the sexiest combo out there.. all the new LS's and GS's I've seen with that combo look amazing. I won't be able to get my interior looking that good but I can atleast try.. I plan on keeping this car for a while.

If I do the two-tone inserts, what would go well? Black with a grey that would match my carpet? Maybe something like that? I'll post a picture of my interior later today... maybe that will help.. But yeah, what do you guys think will look best?

Thanks,

- Suneet
Old 07-23-04, 01:27 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Suneet: You definitely want to try and match some of the plastics in the car. The carpet does not matter as much as long as you get the plastics. If you have a grey dash and black seats... people will notice, but if you have a black dash and black leather seats with greyish carpet they really wont. So I guess my point is this... try and keep at least one color on the seats matched to the factory dash. If you dont then many times it will look awkward, and remember that Two-tone is a possibility. I will attach a picture of a 1999 LS we redid. Hopefully it will give you a good idea of some other possibilities besides black.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-95ls400after03.jpg  
Old 07-23-04, 01:29 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Here is the rear bench to that same LS:
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-95ls400after04.jpg  
Old 07-23-04, 01:56 PM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

I read in one of the leather care threads that the stock leather is coated with some kind of silicone. Is this true? Is your leather coated?
Old 07-23-04, 01:59 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha sitting at work all day is making me stupid.. I forgot about the dash. I like that combination you've shown there. Are there any other pictures you can show me? That grey looks just about the color of my car but I'll post picture later on anyways. What kinds of inserts are those? Do you have pictures of the suede you were talking about in a previous post? How much will all that cost?

Now the heated and massaging seats.. is that an option just for the two front seats? How does heating/massaging affect the life of the leather? Do you have any sort of guarantee? Sorry about all the questions... the more pictures you can post, the merrier! ( I'd also like to see how the massager looks installed.. the control unit or whatever you can see of it)..

Thanks!
Old 07-23-04, 02:27 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Fisher503: You are correct all good automotive leather is coated with a clear coat of sorts. It helps stand up against harsh abrasions (getting in and out of your vehicle) and against the elements. Thats why buying the right kind of conditioner for your vehicle is key. Many people think that leather cleaners and leather conditioners are all the same. Its very untrue. There are tons of different kinds of leather, all processed in different manners. Leather on saddles, and baseball gloves is not like automotive leather at all. Neither are leather pants nor leather couches the same. They all need their own types of conditioning and cleaning. Saddles and baseball gloves need a VERY harsh cleaner and condition to soft and clean the leather because they can get so very stiff and uncomfortable. But to use those on your leather seats would be a disaster. I would suggest Mother's or Meguiar's leather cleaners to anyone who is in the market. They are both made for automobile applications.

Suneet: All the other LS's we have done have been single tone so no other two-tone pictures. The inserts are just perforated bone leather (off-white). The guy was trying to replicate the color combo in the new Mountaineer's/Explorer's/Aviator's. I can attach some pictures of some suede vehicles we have done, but none of an LS because we havent done any of those. The cost will vary extremely depending on number of people. I just gave some rough figures to another member and with all that he wanted it was gonna run him around $950, but with the group buy supposedly getting at least 10 people then it would drop into the $700's. So as you can see it is a HUGE discount depending on numbers. Just look up the options you want and add them up with the cost of the kit at whatever price level you would like. That car had the options: two-tone, perforated inserts, and the leather upgrade.

The heating/massage kits are sold per seat so for the price listed you get one, but you can put them anywhere you want. All they need is a ground and a power wire. The heating/massage kits dont do anything to the leather as far as wear because they are installed in the foam of the seat and we have about a 1/4 inch of foam on the back of our covers so they are installed between foam cushions. We have a warranty against manufacturer's defects for up to 3 years.

This is a 94 GS300... in adobe (one shade lighter than suggested stock color) and dark brown suede.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-adobe-and-walnut04.jpg  

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 07-26-04 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-23-04, 02:28 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Seat Massager control...
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-relaxor-controller.jpg  
Old 07-23-04, 02:31 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Blue Suede IS300....
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-blue-suede-is300-1.jpg  

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 07-23-04 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-24-04, 12:28 PM
Hopeful
Rookie

Default Installation

How do you install these leather seats? I guess it will involve unbolting the seats, pulling the current leather off, etc. How much do you think someone would charge to do that for me since I can't fathom doing it myself? Would it be cheaper to go to someone and pay them for the seats and the labor?
Old 07-25-04, 04:21 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in. When are you going to take orders?

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy