Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 10:05 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put Me Down, 93 SC400
2 tone Tan with White centers

Last edited by abboushi; 07-25-04 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 08:26 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Hopeful: Installation is as you described. Remove the buckets and rear bench from the car and then start removing the leather. The process is very straight forward, but will take some time and energy to do. The only reason I would suggest not doing an SC install yourself is if you really have no mechanical skill whatsoever and just dont get car things or if you just have no time to spare. We have an installation guide on our website that walks threw an installation. It will probably be the most help in you understanding what is involved. You would probably be charged around $300 or so for installation by a shop. As far as you getting it cheaper buy them installing and selling you the kit, I dont know. You will just have to call for that. I would say a normal leather conversion for the average customer can range anywhere from $800 to $1800. $800 is a killer price, but occasionally you can find places out there doing it.

Camshaft: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...315#post968315
The answer to your question is there.

abboushi: I have got you down.
Old 07-26-04, 12:27 PM
gs3la
Driver

i am interested in this gb but would need to extend the pay date to the 16 of august as i just bought new tires and pay day is on the 15. if i can do that count me in as well. how long will it take for shipping? and how much do you need as a down payment, if any or is it paid in full? thanks for everything
Old 07-26-04, 12:29 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Would you ship to an APO address? Also What if you already have the seat heating option on your SC and only want the massager extra? Thanks

Philly
Old 07-26-04, 12:33 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in
Old 07-26-04, 02:49 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Perhaps once we have 25 on the list we could start the buy. I saw from the last one that when it dragged out too long people who had been interested in the GB became uninterested. Perhaps once there are enough to get the 20, we could do the 20 and allow anyone else who wants to get in a slight grace period of a few days or a week. At that point you could start yet another GB and wait until 20 more join. I suspect if you just kept it rolling, you'd keep on getting over and over again.

Just a thought.
Old 07-26-04, 05:05 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

Just wanted to drop a quick line to anyone who is concerned about the quality of these kits. I got in on the first group buy for the leatherseats and it is EASILY one of the best mods I've done for my SC. I've had no problems whatsoever and the leather fits perfectly. Furthermore, I sprung for the heaters/massages and everyone who sits in the passenger seat of my car is amazed. Awesome stuff. Keep up the good work, Jeremy!

DN
Old 07-27-04, 09:30 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

gs3la: Normally the way this works is that the group buy list sign up ends then everyone gets 1 week to call in. However many people call in is how many people are in the group buy. One week should be enough for everyone to get their stuff together and find some time to call. The expected ending date was the 13th which would mean you could call me within the following week and get it ordered. It shouldnt be a problem to have you included. Besides that though... even if I have to move up the ending date some just call me and tell me your situation and whats going on. As long as I hear from you then it should be fine. After we get the orders it should be only a matter of about 2-3 weeks to your front door. We will need some form of payment with the full amount available on it. So a credit card would work, and so would a money order.

Philly#1 Lex: I can ship to any APO you like, but I cant guarantee that you will actually get it. The USPS is TERRIBLY inefficient and sometimes they are good about getting it there and other times they are REALLY bad. I shipped a package to an APO in Germany once and I think it took 3 months to get there. Their policy on getting the insurance money from the insurance you paid for on the package is that you have to wait 6 months before its officially "lost". Anyways if you feel confident with the USPS then I have no problem having one of the guys drop off the package there for shipment to your APO.

DaizenLex: I have you down on the group buy.

sorka: Be patient please. The last one did drag out to long, but it was because we were trying to get the GS pattern not more people. Your thoughts about people becoming disinterested because of the length of the process might be correct, but those people who backed out didnt back out because of the length of the process. None of them have joined the the group buy now. They have all just disappeared as far as I can tell so I am suspecting that most of them thought about it until they decided it wasnt something they wanted/needed. If thats the case then there is nothing I could have done about it in the first place. Anyways some of your thoughts are decent ideas, but I am going to follow my original date of the 13th unless there is some kind of majority rule to end it early. I want to be able to give everyone on ClubLexus the chance to come and take a look at the group buy. I think that your idea about me keeping a continuous group buy on the ClubLexus would not work. I have been getting about 5-8 PM's a day about this group buy over the last week or so. Just recently it has slowed down to 1 or 2 a day. So I have a feeling that its going to be tough to get 20 people even for this group buy. Let alone 20 continuously. Besides that... I dont want to answer the same questions over and over again continuously. I think it would be good to have one every few months when the interest starts peaking up again.

octane300: Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to tell them all what you thought about the kit after it was all said and done. I am glad you are so happy with the kit. I dont know if you know this but after the last group buy, I guess a few of the people in the group buy had connections to some dealerships. Anyways the dealership's parts departments have called us and have started buying partial kits from us to sell to customers who are coming in and looking for replacement leather covers. The Lexus ones were outrageously priced and they thought the quality was as good or better than the ones Lexus was providing and so they started ordering from us.
Old 07-27-04, 09:55 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

you still haven't added me to the list yet. i want in.
Old 07-27-04, 11:39 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

any pics of the GS interior?
Old 07-28-04, 10:17 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

how long will this be for? i am oput of the country for a little while and will be out of town for a few more weeks when i return to the US.. when do i need to pay buy to be in GROUP BUY.. i am in just need a date so i know i have time ... i will make arrangemnets to send paymant when iknow a deadlinell. thanks
rick
Old 07-28-04, 12:03 PM
gs3la
Driver

i just informed a few more people on another club of this group buy hopefully this will bring an additional 10people to the group buy. thanks for the reply leather seats.
Old 07-28-04, 12:04 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Jeremy, i was looking at the first group buy and it seems that the first gen gs in the first group buy did not have to have the premium leather upgrade. and on this one we do? i don't mind doing the premium leather upgrade but what parts of the seats will there be more leather on?
Old 07-28-04, 12:09 PM
gs3la
Driver

i just informed a few more people on another club of this group buy hopefully this will bring an additional 10people to the group buy. thanks for the reply leather seats.
Old 07-28-04, 12:24 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Jeremy, I have a question about the premium leather upgrade as well.

I have a 93 GS 300. If we reach 20 participants is my price for a kit (no options) $569.00 (leather upgrade included) or is it $669.00 (leather upgrade not included)?

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy