Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-04, 03:54 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gsnav: I dont have any pictures of a 98+ GS yet because we are still patterning it. If I am able to get some pictures of it before the group buy ends then I will definitely post them.

00lexondub: I am shooting for ending the group buy on the 13th of August. Nothing should change with that date. After the 13th people will have 1 week to call in and place their order, which I believe is the 20th. If you need to make special arrangements or you want to be in the group buy but arent able to meet that PLEASE give me a call or e-mail me directly. I will do my best to set something up for you.

gs3la: Sounds great... the added people should definitely put us into the 20 range.

jmai22: I got you on there now. Sorry didnt see the request at first. The first gen GS required the premium leather content in the first group buy also. I only sold I think 2 of those interiors and I explained to them at the time of ordering. They were fine and dandy with it, but I decided that I would rather let the group buyers know up front so there wasnt any confusion. The leather upgrade is basically to change the rear bench to full leather seating surfaces instead of partial leather/partial vinyl seating surfaces.

007: The price for the kit is always the same. Just treat the leather upgrade as an option. So what you would want to do is take the price of the kit with whatever discount level you want and then add $100 bucks. So I think the price is $569.00 with 20 people. So you it would run you $669.00 for the GS kit unless you wanted to add other options on that also.
Old 07-28-04, 04:41 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy, I sent you a PM bro... When you have a sec, please reply back. Thanks
Ken
Old 07-29-04, 05:34 AM
redstar142
Rookie

I am ready with money in hand.
Old 07-29-04, 06:04 AM
Aristo832
Driver School Candidate

Im VERY interested!!!! Count me in!! I have a 94 GS300 that has the grey interior.... what would look good? I was thinkin graphite.... not sure, need pics to see if i really want two toned seats Suggestions greatly appreciated Please put me on da list tho!!! How can i pay?? HHmm... suede or perforated insert? I kinda like how the IS interior is....

Last edited by Aristo832; 07-29-04 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-29-04, 06:23 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default 1 question

does this come with the front armrest. a fresh one would be sweet???
Old 07-29-04, 10:05 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

LXOGOOD: I PMed you back. Just respond to that and I will get those out to you.

redstar142: I got you down on the list. Next Friday you can call in and order with me.

Aristo832: I've got you down on the list. I believe our Charcoal color is probably the closest match to the "dark grey" Lexus interiors. We have done a few SC's in Charcoal. Payment is taken after the list is closed. You will call in and place the order and then I will take payment. As far as suggestions go... there are a lot of options out there. Normally most interiors have 2 colors in the interior, the seats being one color and the dash or trim plastics being another. I would suggest starting with that two-tone and if its not what you want then start looking for other colors in the interior you might be able to use. The general rule of thumb for two-toning an interior is to bring the seperate colors in the interior together on the seats. That rule is not always followed and can still come out great, but the safest way is to match two colors in the interior.

fireballs gs400: I actually had that question asked to me yesterday and I am not quite sure yet. The interior isnt finished being patterned and since a "sister" shop on the East Coast doing the patterning I am not positive yet. If I find out before its over I will definitely post, but I am not positive yet.
Old 07-30-04, 07:31 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmmmm, new leather seats or a Kaaz LSD....decisions decisions
Old 07-30-04, 07:40 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mteele
Hmmmmmm, new leather seats or a Kaaz LSD....decisions decisions
leather seats groupbuy (once in a while) Kaaz LSD (anytime) , seats more noticable than LSD
Old 07-30-04, 07:57 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all show and no go makes jack a dull boy. (or a BMW owner)
Old 07-31-04, 08:17 AM
T Man 97
Rookie

I know this is asking a lot from you, but could you briefly describe the options that I have listed below? It might serve to answer some other peoples' questions as well.

Options:
Color Double Stitching........$10.00
Colored Piping.....................$60.00
Flat Perforated inserts.........$35.00
Flat Non-perf inserts.............$35.00
Seat heater/Massage..........$149.00
Door Armrest Covers...........$100.00(only SC300/400 patterns) IS300?
Premium leather upgrade....$100.00(adds more leather to rear seat covers, required for GS)
Carbon fiber seat inserts.....$120.00
1/4 hide of leather.................$80.00
1/2 hide of leather.................$145.00
1/4 hide of carbon.................$120.00
Yard of Suede.......................$80.00

I also have a few questions:

1. I have a graphite grey IS with ivory interior. What I was thinking about doing was getting two tone seats with one color of leather that matches the original leather, and another color that matches the exterior of the car. Would the closest colors be tan and graphite? Would it look good despite not totally matching the black parts of the dash?

2. I already have heated seats in my car. Is it possible to only get the massage portion of the $149 option? Is the massage option only for the passenger seat or for both front seats?

3. What exactly would constitute the premium leather upgrade for the IS? If I chose to get suede in the middle of the seats, would the options interfere with eachother?

4. What exactly does the carbon fiber leather look like? Do you have a pic?

5. Are head rest leather pieces included in this group buy?

That's all I can think of right now. If I have any other questions, I'll edit this post.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 08-01-04, 02:30 PM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

I would like to get in on this but what are the colors that i would get if i wanted to stick with the scs tan and brown-tan interior setup. Whats the correct name so i can place an order.
Old 08-02-04, 02:11 PM
Aristo832
Driver School Candidate

Im ready to buy!!!! Hope this goes through soon
Old 08-02-04, 03:28 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

T Man 97: Nice Question Format. Very easy to address each one. Nicely done. Most of the options you have listed are things you either know what they arent or dont. Really hard to explain but I will try. Might job some memories.

Colored Double Stitching: Basically the double-stitched seams around the edges of the seats is stitched in any color you want instead of in a matching thread color to the leather of the seat. So say you ordered an interior that was black with red inserts. Normally that would come with black leather on the outside with black stitching around the edges and then red inserts. If you chose this option you could change that thread color to say... black on the outside with red stitching around the edges and red inserts. Its a very subtle option, but can be pulled off well.

Colored Piping: Piping is just piping. Its the trim around the edges of the seats. Some IS300's have black leather with gray piping around the edges. I dont know if you have seen that interior or not, but thats probably the best example I can think of.

Flat-perforated inserts: Thats the option for getting perforated inserts. Perforation is the tiny holes in the leather on the seat inserts. Lots of european cars have perforation although in recent years many American and Asian companies have started producing cars with perforation also.

Flat-Non Perforated Inserts: This is the option just basically getting the seats flat without getting perforation in the seats. Most cars come factory with what they called "gathered" inserts. This is the designed wrinkle look throughout the insert section of the seat. I will post a picture to show what gathered looks like a little better. Flat-Non Perf basically makes the inserts flat instead of gathered but does not have the perforation.

Seat Heater/Massager: These are kits designed to hardwire into your vehicle under the covers. It has a heating element and massage unit to it that will keep the leather warm and vibrate.

Door Armrest Covers: These are the actual armrest covers for the SC. The IS has no armrest covers it has door inserts. That might be what you are thinking of. The IS300 kit will come with door inserts.

Premium Leather Upgrade: This question is answered in previous posts but basically this is what it is... "The leather upgrade is to change the rear bench to full leather seating surfaces instead of partial leather/partial vinyl seating surfaces. "

Carbon Fiber Seat Inserts: Just a new synthetic leather that is refinished to look like carbon fiber. Its just an interesting material.

The rest of the options listed are just if you want any more raw material to wrap any other parts of your interior up.

1. I believe our Adobe/Sandstone matches closest to the factory "Ivory" Interior, and as far as the second color I would say our Charcoal/Graphite color will match the "Graphite" exterior color the closest. There will never be an exact match because matching paint and leather is basically impossible, but our Charcoal I believe would be pretty close.

2. You cant use the factory seat heaters and massage units together. Well I shouldnt say that... you technically can use it, but I couldnt guarantee the longevity or safety of it. Your factory seat heaters would basically cover over the massage units which would in effect basically make the massage units VERY hot during use and I couldnt guarantee they wouldnt fry. Besides that I think the savings of just getting the massage portion of the kit instead of both is $15.

3. The only way I can explain this would be threw pictures and that would be best if you e-mailed me for, but for a short answer. No these wouldnt conflict and you would still have your $100 worth of leather in the rear bench with or without the suede.

4. I will attach a picture of this also.

5. All of our kits are made to replace all the old leather or cloth on your factory seats so yes our kit will include headrests.

Lexus Punk: The Tan is our Sandstone color and there is no "exact" match to the dash. Our closest match is Driftwood and its a pretty decent match. Lots of people have gotten it in their SC and have been happy with it.

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-sandgath02.jpg  
Old 08-02-04, 03:30 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Another Gathered Picture...
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-04, 03:38 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Carbon Fiber Inserts...
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-silvercarbonfiberinserts.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy