Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 04:44 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy, I looked on your website but didn't see any colors for suede. What colors do you have and are there special care instructions for suede? Thanks man

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 08-02-04 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-02-04, 05:51 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Jeremy,

I think i already know the answer to this question, but i am going to ask anyway. On the 93 GS 300 does your kit include the leather door inserts? My inserts have become hard and somewhat cracked and discolored. I am thinking that when i put new soft leather on the seats, armrests etc. that these hard, cracked inserts will stand out like a sore thumb. Also, i have noticed that other cars like the IS 300 come with the door inserts included.

If you answer is yes If not what is the cost for this?

Also, the required Premium leather upgrade for the GS threw me off guard, that's another $100 i wasn't expecting, especially since i saw no mention of it in the first group buy Maybe if we hit 30 group buy participants we could trim the cost of the required upgrade to $50? Thanks.

Last edited by 007; 08-02-04 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-02-04, 08:51 PM
lex01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help on choosing colors??

I'm wondering how many people are on the list now included me?
I have 2001 GS300 w/ tan color. I'm thinking about tan and maroon colors. What do you guys think or any suggestions? Thanks,
Old 08-02-04, 10:24 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, i'm with 007 on this one. i really hope we can cut back the price on the premium leather upgrade or get more of a discount over all if we hit say 30-40 people.

also can you send me some leather samples so i know what color i want to order.
Old 08-03-04, 01:02 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I actually just need to redo the driver and passenger seats. Any possibilties of selling a driver and passenger kit? Thanks and please let me know.

Bry
Old 08-03-04, 07:25 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Question open for anyone, but mostly those who have or will be buying the messagers.
`Do you worry that the leather is going to wear faster where the message "*****" hit?
I would not be happy if after 6 months or a year the leather has little humps in it from the messager.

On a diff note...what happens if you get the seats but cant stand the colors?
Mentioned before....If we have 30 on the list the the price go down some....$529?

Last edited by LexusPunk; 08-03-04 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-03-04, 01:57 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

LXOGOOD: I responded to your PM, but basically contact me about suede colors as you already have done. Let me know what you are trying to match and I can tell you if we have anything that is going to be remotely close.

007: I can definitely throw in some vinyl for the door inserts if you want to replace them, but they wont be cut to size or anything because I dont have the pattern for the GS doors. Most people dont do the doors if their car came with leather, but if you want to do it up right all the way around it will definitely make a big difference. I can throw in material for you though. Make sure to remind me to though. The Premium Leather is not an option we are just trying to get more money on... you are paying for $100 worth of extra leather. There is no extra profit margin on leather that I can cut.

lex01: The list is on the first page. I think there is 22 or 23 right now. You can check it out though. Its updated every time get a new person on the list.

Jmai22: Read my response to 007. I can send out samples. E-mail me for more information on that. Basically I will need to know your mailing address and kind of car along with what color interior you have.

LexAristo: We can do just driver and passenger. Those start at $579.00. Its a much better deal to get the whole kit since I can guarantee that it will not be an exact match. Even if you ordered just front leather covers from Lexus they wouldnt match. Its just the nature of the beast, literally. Dye lots are different and every cow is slightly different also. You cant have the exact same cow as before or the exact same color. Our dye lots are very consistant but there is still a small amount of variation. I am not sure how the dye lot variation is with Lexus covers.

LexusPunk: The "ball" so to speak of the massage unit is not a ball at it. It is a metal plate. The motor of the massager is actually inserted into the foam (you have to cut a hole in the foam for it) and then the metal plate is flush against the foam. Once you put the new covers on the quarter inch padding that we sew on the back will be flat against the metal plate and will keep it...
a.) in place
and
b.) from causing any damage.
Besides all that it would take a sharp end or a very violent vibration motion to cause a problem with the covers.
If you are worried about color then you better start calling me and talking to me about it. I will make sure you have the right color and you are happy with it before you make this large of a purchase.

To EVERYONE: At the bottom of all my posts is my contact number and my little "feel free to call" statement. I mean what I say... if you have concerns; talk to me. I am not some pushy salesmen. I like to hear from you all... I would rather explain things to you over the phone then try to explain it over the forum.

Oh yeah and a little P.S. here. Please stop asking about additional discounts on everything. I have answered this question over and over again several times. The prices we have are what we can offer to you at this moment. If I could make them lower and more inticing then I would. This is the best I can do.
Old 08-03-04, 02:29 PM
Lead Lap

Smile

Okay Jeremy, I'll play by the rules, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 08-03-04, 02:34 PM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

You're welcome. The post last part of that post to everyone wasnt directed at anyone imparticular. Just some general info so that the same questions hopefully rise up over and over again with the same answers having to be answered.

P.S. Found a rather nifty IS interior we did a while back. Its Black with Burnt Orange Centers with Burnt Orange Piping around the edges. The Burnt Orange color closely resembles the Burnt Orange 350Z interior.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy-burntorangeis05.jpg  
Old 08-03-04, 07:40 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy, would that burnt orange color be available on any of the kits? (I didn't see it on the color swatches on the website) If I could get burnt orange with black piping for my 96 ES, my interest would certainly go up.
Old 08-04-04, 08:15 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

squarehat: Yes it is available in any of the kits. Its a brand new color to our lineup so thats why it isnt on the website yet, but we can use that color in any kit.
Old 08-04-04, 08:22 AM
Leatherseats.com
Former Vendor

Oh yeah... a little announcement here.
There is a new show on the DIY Network (Do-It-Yourself) called "Tricked Out". If you tune in TONIGHT at 10:30 Eastern then you will see an episode of it featuring a Leatherseats.com interior being installed. This should be EXCELLENT reference material for anyone who is doing the install on their own or is thinking about doing it on their own. You should all tune in if you get a chance.

You can check out some previews for it at:
www.diynetwork.com

The show also has other episodes airing material over Suspension, Exhaust, Body Kit, and Graphics installation. It should be pretty cool.

Oh yeah... I am the guest host on the show so if you catch it you will get to see the man behind the ClubLexus user name "Leatherseats.com".

Last edited by Leatherseats.com; 08-04-04 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-04-04, 12:39 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats right on time....everyone on this group buy should be at your VCR at 10:30, this will definitely be a good tool during install if they get real detailed on the show.
Old 08-04-04, 06:41 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

What a smokin' deal for leather- Jeremy is straight-up, and their pricing is VERY fair.

I wish the 98+ GS kits existed when I had my suede inserts done... I kept the OE leather and replaced the inserts, and it cost me the same as their whole kit would have!
Old 08-05-04, 12:33 AM
Lead Lap

For owners of the 1st Gen GS 300, the best replacement color for the tan interior is Adobe. Jeremy sent me several color samples, which include Sandstone, Bisque, Adobe & Cream. Initially i thought Sandstone would be the color, but after looking at the car in the bright sunlight comparing it to the front & rear seats, door panels and plastics. Adobe is definitely the color if you are trying to keep it stock. FYI.

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Leatherseats.com Group Buy