Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

2004 Lexus Navigation Update...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-04, 12:45 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by clarky86
Too bad we couldn't get an 03 updated hard disk and make a disk image. Then buy a cheap hard disk, burn the image and load into our GS.

Any takers?
it takes a very stupid person like this author to bite the hand that feeds them. HEY IDIOT THIS VENDOR DOESNT HAVE TO GIVE US ANYTHING AND WITH STUPID ACTS SUCH AS YOURS DONT BE SURPRISED IF THEY STOP. lexus-parts.com is a good vendor. dont **** them off.
Old 10-11-04, 05:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Too bad we couldn't get an 03 updated hard disk and make a disk image. Then buy a cheap hard disk, burn the image and load into our GS.

Any takers?
Sure if you post images of your credit cards, social security card, a blank check, and give us your date of birth, and address. Thanks.
Old 10-11-04, 06:03 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by digital_b
it takes a very stupid person like this author to bite the hand that feeds them. HEY IDIOT THIS VENDOR DOESNT HAVE TO GIVE US ANYTHING AND WITH STUPID ACTS SUCH AS YOURS DONT BE SURPRISED IF THEY STOP. lexus-parts.com is a good vendor. dont **** them off.
could have just said NO takers

and said that pirating is frowned upon here

idiot and stupid is a little harsh

Old 10-12-04, 01:23 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

a little harsh? yes it is. when we stop getting deals like the nav update they just offered because or the idiotic post above what will you say then? I have made several purchases from lexus-parts.com and they have given me great prices and great service for being a repeat customer. who do you know that will send ups to your door to pick up and return parts that were wrong for free? I am sure I am not the only one who would be highly upset to see this type of company basically say ****-off because a few knuckle heads decide to rip them off. this isnt bull**** mp3's we are talking about here. its time to act like we are grateful and support the vendors in every way possible. at least thats how I feel.
Old 10-12-04, 09:09 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by digital_b
a little harsh? yes it is. when we stop getting deals like the nav update they just offered because or the idiotic post above what will you say then? I have made several purchases from lexus-parts.com and they have given me great prices and great service for being a repeat customer. who do you know that will send ups to your door to pick up and return parts that were wrong for free? I am sure I am not the only one who would be highly upset to see this type of company basically say ****-off because a few knuckle heads decide to rip them off. this isnt bull**** mp3's we are talking about here. its time to act like we are grateful and support the vendors in every way possible. at least thats how I feel.
granted

and if you explained it like that

i would have

quoted and written

well said Db

i have yet to order from them but with a recommendation like that i soon will

Last edited by T.L.W.; 10-12-04 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-12-04, 03:27 PM
clarky86
Rookie

Default to digital_b

Yawn....OK

Some facts:

1) I made that comment a little tongue in cheek and although I enjoyed your rant digital_b, I will think twice about it next time. You were out of line without knowing where I was coming from. It is amazing how wild some get with a typewriter that would probably never say such things out loud.

2) There are no more updates for the hard disk navigation. I inquired with Lexus parts and he said no more updates after 03. It is like an old service manual at this point. Won't change anymore. That sucks for me and any other hard disk system guys out there. My frustration was directed at Lexus the company. Had nothing to do with lexus-parts.com.

3) There is no group discount on this old version of navigation, only on the DVD. Same price as any dealer.

4) I will buy Lexus parts from lexus-parts.com when I need them. I'm pretty sure they will not go out of business based on the selling of parts to CL members. All the other dealers seem to do fine. I do support them as I see them make offers on this forum.

5) I'm not big downloading on MP3's.
Old 10-12-04, 03:37 PM
Lyrical
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Navigation Update under Warranty

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
That's weird, I was told that 1998 GSs get 2 updates, 1999 GSs get 1 update, and 2000 GSs don't get any updates. Could you please confirm this?

my 2000 GS still uses HDD with Fall '99 map. It's OLD.
Well....I just called my lexus dealer to see if they'd update it, but they said they'd be charging me about 300$ for the dvd disc....So i guess that's a no?

Anyone else try getting a free update?
Old 10-12-04, 05:32 PM
Hohlraum
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't feel too bad.. I'm sure the people with the current generation of DVD based ones will be in the same boat as soon as the POI's and detail push the limit past 9gb. I think i remember reading somewhere that the dvd data is up to using both layers now. It won't be too long, then it'll probably have to go to Blueray based dvd's (50gb per side) thats what sony is gunna use for the next playstation. All use dvd9 people will be SOL.

I have to wonder why lexus is stopping releasing the updates. It has to be that their system isn't able to address disks larger than a few gb. Has anyone looked at the (laptop?) drives they are using? How big are they?
Old 10-13-04, 01:18 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Navigation Update under Warranty

Originally posted by Lyrical
Well....I just called my lexus dealer to see if they'd update it, but they said they'd be charging me about 300$ for the dvd disc....So i guess that's a no?

Anyone else try getting a free update?
If you have DVD NAV that means your GS is 2001 or +, and no free updates for those either.

Basically only 98 and 99 get free updates (2 and 1, respectively).
Old 10-13-04, 01:25 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Default Re: to digital_b

Yawn....OK

Some facts:

1) I made that comment a little tongue in cheek and although I enjoyed your rant digital_b, I will think twice about it next time. You were out of line without knowing where I was coming from. It is amazing how wild some get with a typewriter that would probably never say such things out loud.

2) There are no more updates for the hard disk navigation. I inquired with Lexus parts and he said no more updates after 03. It is like an old service manual at this point. Won't change anymore. That sucks for me and any other hard disk system guys out there. My frustration was directed at Lexus the company. Had nothing to do with lexus-parts.com.

3) There is no group discount on this old version of navigation, only on the DVD. Same price as any dealer.

4) I will buy Lexus parts from lexus-parts.com when I need them. I'm pretty sure they will not go out of business based on the selling of parts to CL members. All the other dealers seem to do fine. I do support them as I see them make offers on this forum.

5) I'm not big downloading on MP3's.
whether you enjoyed the 'rant' means nothing. had you paid attention you would have seen at least one other post directly addressing what you said. you are sadly mistaken if you think I would not tell you to your face given the opportunity what I said. I dont give a damn what you think. the point I made which was subsequently supported by at least 2 posters is that what you said was stupid and potentially damaging to others. perhaps you should learn to think before you type. its a problem many including myself have had when dealing with the electronic word. what I posted was thought out before and during the process.

Last edited by OneOfOne; 10-13-04 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-15-04, 09:35 PM
Hohlraum
Pole Position

Well i got the new dvd today. took some looking in threads to figure out how to install it.

I thought I remembered people saying that it updated the way the nav system looked? .. looks identical to me. only difference is that i now i have more POI, lots of updated road and the version sez 04.1 now under the dvd information screen..

I just put the car into the on position..switched the dvd's, turned off the car after about 30 seconds and started the vehicle. didn't see any updating messages or anything like that. I am set right? thought i remember people saying that the look of the nav changed.
Old 10-16-04, 07:51 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

I can confirm HDD updates for the 98-00 cars being FREE if you or the previous owner(s) never took them.

As per Lexus corporate you ARE entitled to TWO FREE HDD updates, pending the previous owner(s) never utilized them,.

I am lucky because my previous owner never did, so I get two updates, but unfortunately there is only one available
Old 10-16-04, 08:30 AM
clarky86
Rookie

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

As per Lexus corporate you ARE entitled to TWO FREE HDD updates, pending the previous owner(s) never utilized them,.

Thanks for the info - do you have an email or a name and number to share? My local guy said noupdates. My car only has used one.
Old 10-16-04, 01:55 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
I can confirm HDD updates for the 98-00 cars being FREE if you or the previous owner(s) never took them.

I am lucky because my previous owner never did, so I get two updates, but unfortunately there is only one available
Really? I've always been told that HDD updates are only free for 98 and 99. Where did you get the official information from? thanks!
Old 10-17-04, 03:50 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
Really? I've always been told that HDD updates are only free for 98 and 99. Where did you get the official information from? thanks!
my local dealership who I bring my car into service for (Lexus of Rockville Centre) in Long Island, NY called up corporate and was told this

she ordered my $300 upgrade at no charge- Fall of 03

she didn't give me a name but when I go back to get the update (was ordered) I'll get whatever info I can from her, as they seem to be very nice people and then I'll share what I can

Quick Reply: 2004 Lexus Navigation Update...