Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

XenonDepot XMAS Promo - Free HID Kits!! - Holiday Savings - Kits $299.99!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 07:24 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to upgrade my lights. I'm really on the fence right now about what to do. The practical side of me says just go with Silverstars which is a major improvement over my old factory halogens. The other side of me says maybe get the Philips HID kit. Yet another side of me says just to wait a few months because it will be light out late enough that nearly 100% of my driving will be done during daylight hours.

Well, if there's any chance of the discount being re-activatec yet again , that would probably be enough to get me to bite.
Old 03-22-05, 07:47 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hello i have a couple of question first off i want hid's for my head lights and fog lights [99 gs 3 ] but i was told that if i upgrade to the hid's in the head lights without changing to hid housings the beam pattern will be skattered ?? is there that much of a difference in beam pattern and brightness between the hid and non hid housings?? can you tell me more ?? thanks shawn
Old 03-22-05, 07:58 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

I have the same concern. After searching the forum extensively, it would appear not a lot of SCs have done HID upgrades and there are absolutely no pictures of beam pattern.
Old 03-22-05, 09:22 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cut off line is not all that bad, its just not nearly as sharp as projection lamps made for HID's.
Old 03-23-05, 07:54 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I just installed my xenon depot kit.

First impressions- the lights look great. I kept turning them on and off while driving down a moonlit road because I couldn't believe the difference.

One of the times it didn't fire up though so I'm not sure what happened. I jiggled the cables when I parked but the lights stayed on. As far as the scattering of the light - yep. It definitely goes everywhere but a majority of the light goes straight out. In fact, I turned on my brights and the brights just didn't really offer too much help to the already very bright low-beams.

I noticed though, there is a surrounding hue of YELLOW which is driving me bonkers and it's making me wish I picked up the 6000k version. You might want to consider the 6000k lights to get away from the yellow.

Clifford

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
hello i have a couple of question first off i want hid's for my head lights and fog lights [99 gs 3 ] but i was told that if i upgrade to the hid's in the head lights without changing to hid housings the beam pattern will be skattered ?? is there that much of a difference in beam pattern and brightness between the hid and non hid housings?? can you tell me more ?? thanks shawn
Old 03-29-05, 05:40 PM
techsc400
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sorka
I would like to upgrade my lights. I'm really on the fence right now about what to do. The practical side of me says just go with Silverstars which is a major improvement over my old factory halogens. The other side of me says maybe get the Philips HID kit. Yet another side of me says just to wait a few months because it will be light out late enough that nearly 100% of my driving will be done during daylight hours.

Well, if there's any chance of the discount being re-activatec yet again , that would probably be enough to get me to bite.
Steve/XenonDepot,
Same here, I noticed that you extended deal until Feb. (Dollar short, day late always )
Is there anyway that you can re-activate again?
I want to get Philips 4300 Kit 9006.

Sorka,
I currently have Silverstars 9005 in mine. They are better than factory ones but they still look yellow and not even closer to HIDs at all.
Old 03-29-05, 05:50 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Agreed. I installed the silverstars this weekend and it was certainly a really big improvement, but not as bright as HIDs.

If I went HIDs, I really think I'll want to mod the headlight assembly with either the BMW or the Audi projector because the cutoff is nowhere near sharp enough for oncoming drivers. I would be pissed at me if I had HID brightness bleeding up.
Old 03-30-05, 05:50 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hello All,

My apologies for the delayed response however this last week has been extremely busy... I love surfing the forums however the best way to get an answer from me ASAP is always through email as emails are priority.. My email is info@xenondepot.com

As per your posts/questions:

1) Our HID product uses custom moulded bases to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. Once installed, our product will replicate your OEM Beam pattern however provide you with significantly more light output. Here are a couple of pics of our product installed in a halogen designed projector headlight:

2) As far as pricing, all I can currently say is wait until April 1/05

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-01-05, 06:47 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

As promised.... Check out this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157150
Old 04-02-05, 10:31 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by southernsc
the cut off line is not all that bad, its just not nearly as sharp as projection lamps made for HID's.
Do you have any pics?
Old 04-02-05, 10:04 PM
techsc400
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Technics
Do you have any pics?
Here is one pic of HID kit cut off line wih factory SC projector.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&page=1&pp=15

If southernSC can post his pic of HID kit cut off line with factory SC projector and looks fine, I will go with just HID kit option (rebased HID bulb to 9006 and use factory head light) plug & play.
It will be cheaper and much easier than whole retrofit.

Last edited by techsc400; 04-02-05 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-03-05, 03:58 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Technics
Do you have any pics?
Here are pics - http://www.xenondepot.com/pg.php
Old 04-03-05, 12:34 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
Yeah, I saw the gallery, no SC though.
Old 04-03-05, 12:35 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by techsc400
Here is one pic of HID kit cut off line wih factory SC projector.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&page=1&pp=15

If southernSC can post his pic of HID kit cut off line with factory SC projector and looks fine, I will go with just HID kit option (rebased HID bulb to 9006 and use factory head light) plug & play.
It will be cheaper and much easier than whole retrofit.
That's what I'm thinking. You can always retrofit later if you want as well.